Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do Husk's stop burning?  (Read 1827 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Do Husk's stop burning?
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:57:32 pm »

Simple, realy: a idiot dwarf got tangled up in a deadly cloud, was magma'd in a attempt to render him unable to assult my dwarfs, but is now continualy burning outside my fort, presumably stareing at my dwarfs angery-like. So, will he eventualy go out, per say? The smoke he is producing is annoying, and it seems that all of his fat has melted. so no idea what's keeping him on fire.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
Re: Do Husk's stop burning?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:04:43 pm »

Zombies, husks and thralls never die from burning, or magma drowning. They just burn for eternity, and become even more dangerous.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:29:28 pm »

Can husks be atom smashed? If so, you could build a smasher and lure the husk in for some smashin' good times.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:02:11 pm »

Presumably, it would stop burning if submerged.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 10:23:48 pm »

I would recommend just leaving him outside forever. Or smashing him, yeah. I'm pretty sure that wooden bridges DO care about fire while they're lowered, though, so make sure that isn't a problem. Of course, why would you be using valuable wood for literally anything other than beds, you damn dirty hippie?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 12:25:56 am »

Or lure the burning effigy into your fortress , drop him into a pit and use him as a source of fire to burn/annoy enemies?

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 01:11:28 am »

I would recommend just leaving him outside forever. Or smashing him, yeah. I'm pretty sure that wooden bridges DO care about fire while they're lowered, though, so make sure that isn't a problem. Of course, why would you be using valuable wood for literally anything other than beds, you damn dirty hippie?

is it acceptable for making spikes to pit elves onto as well?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 01:37:51 am »

Or lure the burning effigy into your fortress , drop him into a pit and use him as a source of fire to burn/annoy enemies?

Drop some lignite blocks in bins along with him for some real fun.

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:10:18 am »

Drop some lignite blocks in bins along with him for some real fun.
Always a pleasure to watch the enemies of dwarf-kind burn in various ways.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 02:34:55 am »

Except for the part where you're using valuable lignite to do something that you already have a renewable source of fuel for. it's pretty simple. You can use lignite or a flaming zombie to burn jerks. You can only use lignite to forge steel. Lignite runs out, flaming zombie doesn't. I feel the decision is easy.

Also while I want to approve wooden spikes for elves via the irony clause, it's acceptable only if you don't have sand. Cause. Glass.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 06:51:01 am »

I wonder if he can be cagetrapped, and what happens if yes. I guess in this particular case he can't, as he's still a member of your civ.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 09:22:07 pm »

Except for the part where you're using valuable lignite to do something that you already have a renewable source of fuel for. it's pretty simple. You can use lignite or a flaming zombie to burn jerks. You can only use lignite to forge steel. Lignite runs out, flaming zombie doesn't. I feel the decision is easy.

Also while I want to approve wooden spikes for elves via the irony clause, it's acceptable only if you don't have sand. Cause. Glass.

You can always just import the blocks; coal blocks can't be used for fuel.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »

Darn. Too bad I'm not in an evil area, I now want a burning husk pit to drop elves sieges into.