Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Challenge: The Lost Colony  (Read 18753 times)

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge: The Lost Colony
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 10:19:30 am »

Just started this last night, pretty fun so far! I play at a fairly low FPS, so it'll be a few more hours before I even have my first industry unlocked. It's been an adventure already, though, with some back-and-forths between me and giant toads resulting in a casualty each time as well as some maimings. I only got 3 migrants in the first wave, but all 3 were very much appreciated. If the rotting corpses of half my original 7 don't push me into a tantrum spiral or turn into irritating and troublesome ghosts, I've got a mighty hoard of raw rock crystal prepared for the caravan when it arrives!

sprawl15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 12:42:45 pm »

Embark woes: Not being able to take mechanisms, I took some stone and made a few mechanisms which are only to be used for traps.  I decided to take some random stuff that I immediately threw in the river to soak up points for my 'cheating'.  The jungle I embarked in is constantly raining year round, so the dwarves are constantly frowny about that.  Boatloads of trees and plants, though.  The vast majority of animals that wander through are intelligent creatures, and the majority of those are Thrips Men who can fly.  The whole trapping/training idea seems to have taken a nosedive immediately.

End of year 1: I've had a total of 11 migrants, 4 of which are children.  Building only above ground and not even owning a pick seems to have kept my created wealth below 20k (most of which is no doubt cooked meals).  I even had a "You have attracted no migrants" message.  The military is keeping itself busy training and running around killing thrips men.  I'm slowly working towards an enclosed dumping ground so I can empty some of those cages in a productive manner.

Anger is not too bad right now, despite everyone constantly being in the rain and upset about not having a dining room (and the occasional anger when I can't free up a barrel for making alcohol).  The first caravan brought only one pick, a decorated fine steel pick, and my offerings of raw lumber and unprepared mussels didn't add up to what they needed.  Oh well, I'm not going to be able to even use stone until next year, so no big deal for now.  I picked up a bit of liquor/food for the barrels and a few more training axes, which my military are using to become lumberjacks in their off months.  I am picking up cooking, so prepared meals will be my trade good until next caravan when I pick up crafting.  The elves were kind enough to bring some wooden shields which will have to be my only armor until next year when I start making some bone/shell armor.

The dog and pig populations are exploding, as I embarked with piles of sows and female dogs.  Should have a proper meat farm going in another year or so, with milking if I can afford a few buckets.  Instead of walling off the area, I'm going to make 3x15 'pastures' with 3-4 war dogs in each ringing around the huts.  So far, the time crunch before I start getting real invasions is worrisome, but right now it's a happy little squat hut village totally overrun with pigs and dogs.  Idyllic, even.

Year 2: I've had three "The fortress attracted no migrants" in a row.  I could use some more labor, but without a steady supply of beds I'm actually thankful for it.  Hovering at 14 dwarves is extremely manageable, as the only thing that's been particularly dangerous so far is a Giant Great Horned Owl, which killed a few dogs and is generally being a nuisance.  My speardwarves haven't been able to catch it yet, which may be for the best for them.  Oddly, I've had zero strange moods so far.  I may be able to get a craftsdwarf workshop built before my first.  Maybe it's dependent on created wealth?  I'm at 31K in mid Timber.  I've also had some odd bugs with construction being cancelled due to items being misplaced - it seems dwarves are picking up like 30 lumber to go build a wall, causing the other 29 open jobs to be rapidly.  It's very occasional, but entire buildings are cancelled when it happens.  Very annoying.

The second Dwarf caravan has come and gone happily.  Cooked meals have bought me a pallet of barrels, some picks, some metal leggings/greaves, some animals to butcher, assorted wooden goods (buckets, splints, crutches, etc), some copper weapons, and most importantly the Craftsdwarf industry.  Pots ahoy!  The seven kids wandering around the village seem to have nothing better to do than constantly throw parties.  I'm tempted to chuck them into the river.  Speaking of the river, I built a small wooden 'bridge' of floors across it, as I'm settled right on one bank of it and it's close lumber.  Turns out there's a giant sponge sitting about 2 tiles from the bridge, so everyone crossing the bridge is cancelling orders.  Time to relocate it, possibly with a dropping of some lumber walls onto it to make it go away.  My worth is going up 'rapidly', up to ~40k in the last few months.  The ambushes are coming.  I can smell them.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:10 pm »

So the southern half of my chosen embark is going to be Terrifying. Litterally half, as in a 4x4 embark (16 tiles), it covers 8 tiles. It is heavily forested, but the other non terrifying half has only sparse trees. Both have shallow clay, very deep soil, an aquifier, and both shallow and deep metals. It doesn't look exactly flat, but it's not got Extreme Cliffs, either. I do have a forking stream. No volcano, which is unusual for me, but I'm not going to be able to use for years it anyways.

Can't make use of seeds yet, so I'm not bringing many of those. No egg-layers either, but some dogs and pigs. 3 picks (compared to my usual one) and 1 axe, one guy capable of building all the walls I could need, an actual manager, two brewers, and a bit of meat.

Paused starting save.

Spring: All the dogs decided it would be a good idea to attack some wren men corpses that walked onto the map. They were wrong. And I am spammed with job cancellations. Half my map has Acrid Ooze raining on it; At least I can tell where the evil zone begins and ends now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:04:59 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

CatkinsFTW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 02:59:41 pm »

Excerpts from the diary of Goden Ostadumat with preface by Id Dolilmonom, bookkeeper and manager of Logemthatthil "Paintautumn" the Mountainhome.

In year 300 I was a barbarian, but I lived in a land full of fruits, trees and oases.  A paradise.  The traders came and changed everything. The first year, we collected roots and berries, built a stockade, dug down, found the aquifer and waited. Goden Ikudrith who came down out of the hills brewed Longland grass beer.  We sold the booze and the plants for hammers, axes, shields and rope for the fighting animals.  The traders taught us to sleep in beds and how to drain the aquifer. 

Goblins followed the traders , zombies followed the goblins and dwarves started dying.   Goblins also brought troll fur loincloths, which everyone loves. 

Dwarves started dying of ideas.  Strange ideas, like polishing a rock so that you could see reflected faces.  We had never seen a raw gem, or a finished stone.  We locked Amost Odguburvad in his room until he stopped babbling.  Then we buried him.

A Timeline
Fall 301 We traded gold boulders to learn of masonry. 
Fall 302 We traded more gold for knowledge of machines.
Fall 21 Timber 302.  Zan Duralobok the miner created our first successful artifact a basalt table.

Winter 302 25 Moonstone. Goden Ostathdumat is born.

Fall 303 Missed caravan due to zombies
Fall 304 The traders were displeased and taught us nothing, but agreed to sell us a lot of leather the next year.
Fall 305 Leatherworking. Cloths were desperately needed.
Fall 306 Crafts
Fall 307 We learned to farm and I became a farmer.
Fall 308 Textiles
Fall 309 Food Production
Fall 310 Smelting
Spring 310 Peace Treaty with the elves.
Fall 311 Metal working
Fall 312 Medical Care
Fall 313 Clay and Glass
Fall 314 Animal Husbandry

Winter 314 25 Moonstone Baroness Goden Ostathdumat appointed.

Fall 315 Fortress Defenses
Fall 316
Spring 317 9th Slate the Queen arrives

Winter 317 25 Moonstone Queen crowned.

Winter 25 Moonstone 302 Goden Ostathdumat was born.  A clever child, she learned to write quickly and what follows are her own words.

"
Spring 304 - Alath is my friend.  He a smart.  He maded water come out the wall to make me happy.  He maded a box for the dead so they don't undeaded and make me sad.
Winter 305 - Bax Estuusbu's left hand on the wall undeaded a bazillion times, until they builded a ramp, killed it and put it in the box.  Erushgum tried to kill a sleeping bowgoblin and then he jumped up and shooted her in the leg.  She bleeded and bleeded and bleeded and died.  Everyone was sad and got to look at the statues and the waterwall. 

Mommy got hurted too, but that is ok because she has pole ices on her hurt arm and leg.  I stay with her to help her get better.

Summer 305.  Mommy walked today and is all better.  Her leg is still green and black. 
Late Summer 305 Mommy fell down and won't get up.  They put her in a box.  They killed the mancer and so she can't be undeaded.  I am sad.

Fall 305.  The traders came.  They laughed, called us dirty savages and said mommy needed soap.  They won't teach me soap.  They showed Muthkat how to make skin cloths. I am sad.

Winter 306.  We had a leather clothing fashion show.  Dwarves love leather more than rotting cloths, except for the troll fur loincloths.

Winter 310.  During the middle of the siege of 310 Tholtig Basen the legendary HammerDwarf died of old age.  No songs will be sung of this ignominious death.

Fall 311 The traders keep bringing animals in boxes.  How do they get in? Do they ever come out?

Fall 312 Finally, the traders taught us medical care.  I watched and I will learn this when I grow up.  It is important.

Winter 313 A web spinning pterodactyl killed Logem Rothdegel and shattered Imushuvel's left foot, ankle hip and right rib.  Dr Ikudrith washed, operated, set, dressed and immobilized the leg and set the ribs.  She used SOAP.  25 diagnoses, 3 cleanings, 3 surgeries, 2 casts, 1 traction, 1 eviction and Imushuvel was back training.

Summer 313.  An ambush got deep into the fortress and I was bagged.  When I was rescued, I saw Koguvush decapitate a gobo and Dumed bit the head of a speargoblin.  I am happy to be free. 

Spring 313. Catastrophe.  7 dwarves were lost combating a fire breathing pterosaur, mostly due to steam burns from exploding whipwine. It snuck through a hole the overseer ordered from the new bedrooms to the caverns. 3/4 of the marksdwarves conveniently left to "pickup socks".  The axedwarves held the line.  My dad killed the bird with a shot through the smoke.  I'm proud.

Fall 313. The traders announced that the queen will make the oldest surviving child born at the fortress a noble.   Sakzul Libashromlam, the honorable  mayor's son Sibrek is older than me.  I want to be Baroness.

Fall 314 The traders refused to teach us about weapon traps, but they did show us how to get animals into and out of cages.  Its easy. Now we can stop moving the horses from rope to rope all year long. 

The mayor was locked in the web beast web collection room by accident.  I explained that while her son was the eldest surviving child, I would make the better baroness.  She agreed.  I left her some food and booze.  We kept the liaison around until my birthday and now I am baroness. I've mandated a breastplate.

Summer 315.  We had simultaneous sieges be necromancers and goblins while a human caravan was approaching.  We sallied to protect the humans, but failed.  Some of the newer spear dwarves were lost.  Trolls breached the NE courtyard while the overseer was distracted.  The war dogs bought time.  The human diplomat was oddly non-plussed by the zombies.

Winter 315.  They ignored my mandate.  I want Justice, Penance, Punishment and Torture.  The prisons are as elaborate as my room.

Summer 316.  Savoteur lost her foot to the goblins.  Nobody would help her, while she starved, dehydrated and her loincloth rotted off.  Eventually, she passed out and Dr. Ikudrith saved her.  Now she is furious since everyone is wearing this season's goblin loincloth and she was naked on the floor of the front hall for a month.

Fall 316.  We finally captured a necromancer and made a training hall.  The baby Erush Oltarstar died in a necromancy training accident when her arm was torn off.  Her mother had to kill her daughter and her daughter's head 3 times before the necromancer could be stopped.  Alath invented the hollow deck where we use skin and hair instead of solid bodies for the necromancy training hollow deck.  It is safer.

Spring 317 9th Slate the Queen arrives.  Everyone is celebrating, but I think people should remember that this queen didn't give us soap when we needed it, when my mother needed it.

Winter 317 25 Moonstone. The Queen's room was locked when an unfortunate accident caused the room to fill with water.  Alath said it was an accident.
Winter 317 25 Moonstone. I was crowned today. My mother has been avenged.  I am happy.

"
After she took power everything changed, but that is well documented elsewhere.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:34 pm »

Summer: Lost a dwarf before the first migrant wave to wrenman corpses, fortunately not on the evil half. Then later 3 migrants set to gather plants. :'(
Including the dogs, but not any butchering, that's 11 deaths so far.
I'm laughing that only one other creature has been zombified so far, an alligator snapping turtle. There's five living wild creatures, 2 of them Giant Sponges, 2 pike, and a Snapping Turtle Man. The rain DEFINITELY causes massive painful blistering all over the body. And somehow the river is full of pike pus.

Autumn: After the second migrant wave, consisting of only 3 dwarves, I have a population of 13. My attempt to pierce the aquifer and get to stone failed, as my punch filled with water too. <As the season is not yet over, I have not YET seen the caravan>. The caravan arrived. I got some additional axes and picks, and some more food, in exchange for some booze and the clothes off the backs of the dead dwarves. I also learned the secrets of working wood.

<Early Mid> Winter: The merchants, as it turned out, killed all the wren man corpses on their way out, and they were replaced by live wren men. The river froze, and part of the aquifier, so my plans to punch a hole through it are delayed. Yes, I channeled into it to try and punch through. Is that so wrong?
Oh, and half way through now, I have raven man corpses plaguing me.  ;D This is the sort of fun that attracts people to such places, isn't it?
And now monkey zombies too.  :P They stole some stuff, including a battleaxe, and some of them either were giants or turned into giants. I don't get it. They're gone now, though, and the raven men killed 3 more dwarves.

And now I have made it through the entire first year. Current population 10, estimated 2890 created wealth, and no stone whatsoever.

Mid Spring: Third migrant wave is now in progress, and my second attempt to pierce the aquifier via cave-in is about to happen. Some of the migrants are going to be marksdwarves, and I got a bowyer, so depending on whether the woodworking industry allows me to make bolts, I may be able to fend off the giant undead crows. (I prefered the moose men who couldn't fly across the river.... *grumble*)

Late Spring: The giant crow corpses left of their own accord, finally, but not before killing much of my migrant wave. They got and raised a trader, though, as well as raised a migrant and someone's lower left arm. That arm, by the way, now has it's own name. I haven't been able to check if the bowyer's shop got built yet.

Early summer: The sole remaining axedwarf left after the draft/crow attack went axe crazy. Brought my 15 population (25 at migrant wave, 10 dead by undead crow) down to 8. I have one miner left, no builders, and no woodcutters. Plus I apparently dug under the evil area, where "Jason" chased some dwarves before violently slaughtering them. So there are walking corpses in my fort now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:05:03 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

sprawl15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 01:59:11 pm »

A diary from Thikut Moruldast, head tradesdwarf of Sibrek Mishos, the Mountainhomes:

"For years we have been successfully trading with Urdimrithol after their re-discovery.  They were originally no more than muddwarves, wallowing by a river and soaked from the constant rain.  The savages were picking fruit like elves and eating raw meat right off the butchered corpse.  We brought them training, metals, animals.  Decency.  They gave us first nothing more interesting than raw mussels and  that we could only resell to the poorest of humans - so little profit the trip was nearly not worth it.  But soon we taught them how to make fire, how to properly butcher animals for cooking.  How to make pots, jewelry, which they sold to us in abundance, grimly crafted out of bone.

And then they became our most profitable stop.  Their meals - pork roasts of the highest caliber, with imported elven cheeses and the finest sides - became the prime delicacy among all the nobility of Sibrek Mishos. We couldn't bring enough to satisfy them, and every caravan was stripped of nearly anything metal.  They built wooden palisades to keep the goblins at bay, and their sad mud huts became a thriving wooden town.  They mastered mechanisms and their cage traps became legion.  Their war dogs traveled in packs of a dozen, they even had somehow drafted giant jaguars and leopards into the military and captured some giant sparrows for their eggs (those secrets bought me a summer home when I returned with them).  We taught them the secrets of working stone, of working the smelters, of true dwarven metalworking. 

Though normally a trifle, one of our best selling items were picks.  I should have been suspicious.  Nothing was visibly mined - not a moat, not a proper trade depot set in stone, and not even a stone door was visible.  Had I been more attentive, I might still be rolling in the gold.  As it stands, I am nearly destitute.  One year the entire town just disappeared.  The caravan arrived, carrying their requested load of steel, and nothing.  Not even a pig.  The butchery seemed recently used, the blood still fresh.  Most oddly, everything of value had been stripped.  Every cage trap, every table, every seed.  All that remained standing were the empty wooden hovels and the pile of corpses on display outside the main gate.

We investigated.  We discovered some underground cellars for storage - rather large, but carved out of dirt rather than proper stone.  Some of them smelled of pig, others of bird, and one smelled of blood - we found goblin bodies piled in a corner, and noticed hatches above, leading to the zoo.  These catacombs were not very extensive, but they led to something very odd - a large stairwell down.  Not more than two dozen steps and we found a tomb - a heavily decorated coffin with armor stands and weapon racks littering the room.  Two more empty coffins lay in nearby rooms.  The stairs kept descending, so we kept traveling.  Eventually we made it to stone, and found two massive carved out rooms - it's a wonder they didn't collapse.  We were quite deep at this point, and my two guards were getting nervous, but I insisted we keep moving.  In the second room, we found a much smaller stairwell leading down that could only accommodate one at a time.  I pulled rank and took the lead.  We traveled for nearly an hour, before finding a small hallway.  The stairwell ended in a hatch that seemed to directly drop into the perils of the caverns.  As there was no safe way to make the drop, I directed we head down the hallway, which led to another narrow stairwell.  It seems these dwarves had tried digging, but had no stonesense of how to properly enter the caverns.  It was unbecoming.

We traveled another hour, and that's when we started hearing the screaming.  Horrific sounds of battle, death, and misery wailed up from below.  We slowly pressed on, hearing it get louder and louder, when this stairwell abruptly ended in another hatch above the caverns and a much larger hallway off to the side.  From there, the wails were even louder.  I again pulled rank, but this time to be at the rear.  We made it most of the way down the hallway and almost to what seemed a major juncture, when a badly bleeding blind cave troll and a half dozen goblins rounded the corner and charged us.  We were prepared to die nobly, and set ourselves to receive the charge.  But just as Morul leaped at the cave troll and lodged his axe in its shoulder, just as Ducim jammed a spear through the chest of a goblin and took a bolt to the leg, all hell broke loose.  There was a loud clap, like thunder, and what seemed to be an eruption of steel and bronze, as the walls themselves exploded into dancing shards of metal that carved down friend and foe alike.  The cave troll's entire lower body was mulched into sausage.  Poor Morul tried to dodge, but was caught and ripped in half by the incredible force.  What seemed like lightning crackled down the hall, blowing two goblins into pieces and driving a barrel sized hole through Ducim's chest.  It missed me by mere urists.  I dropped my axe and fled, almost making it out of the hallway when another loud clap erupted and my leg was destroyed, lost halfway above the knee.  I crawled to the stairway, pulled myself up a few steps, and quickly gave myself a tourniquet while I tied off the severed arteries with spare thread.  Somehow I finished it before I passed out - for who knows how long - and started the long trek back to the surface.

I suffer, now.  Not from the leg, but from the memories.  Whatever those dwarves dug to, whatever they found, it should remain lost.  I have ordered no more caravans be sent, all records burned, and the name entered into our Hammerer's Tome of Non-utterance.  Some foul magic is best left forgotten.

-Thikut Moruldast"

A diary from Zasit Tunostar, head mechanic for Urdimrithol:

"Another siege showed up.  All the kids came out this time to watch the new shredders installed on Kezatsazir.  For a change, some of the goblins seemed to turn and run.  Luckily for us, I built that minecart shotgun.  A couple hundred urists of goblinite should ruin their weekend.  I think Logem loaded some up with ballista bolts this time, too.  Should be gruesome.

Oh yeah, remember to pick up some rum on the way home, the toddler seemed a bit sober this morning.

-Zasit"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

Sprawl, that is an epic read. Very much like a 3toe story.

I'm down to a miner and expidition leader. An ewe and a piglet. 6 undead and 7 wild giant cockatiels.
Wait... I somehow missed the miner dissapearing. I have 1 citizen. and 80 dead/missing.  :P
Edit: Nevermind, the leader died, making the miner the leader. That explains it.
The Cyan Menace

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

Great read! Thanks for that!

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 02:57:21 pm »

Noticed: The siege workshop is gained from Woodworking, not Fortress Defense.  If I try this again and embark where goblins can get me (rather than on an island, with only dwarves as neighbors), I can defend my fortress after the first autumn with a massive ballista battery.  I might regen to a year 2 world, since you don't really get child migrants under those circumstances, limiting my population explosion since children seem to represent "extra" migrants.

Or I could just use constructed floors to sacrifice children to the volcano gods, or use the brats as test victims for my ballista battery
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »

I might regen to a year 2 world, since you don't really get child migrants under those circumstances, limiting my population explosion since children seem to represent "extra" migrants.
Mine was a year 3 embark, BTW, because I had 4 adventures that for the most part ended in goblins tearing me apart on a year 2 world.
My first migrant wave had 2 children. So I don't think that will save you from children migrants.
The Cyan Menace

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 04:49:39 pm »

I might regen to a year 2 world, since you don't really get child migrants under those circumstances, limiting my population explosion since children seem to represent "extra" migrants.
Mine was a year 3 embark, BTW, because I had 4 adventures that for the most part ended in goblins tearing me apart on a year 2 world.
My first migrant wave had 2 children. So I don't think that will save you from children migrants.
I've got a fortress that embarked immediately after stopping worldgen on year 2.  It has 258 dwarves, 43 of which are children.  Of those children, 41 or 42 were born in-fortress (I had two child migrants, but one child snatched and I can't remember if it was a migrant or not).  Very few "first of their kind" are genned with the appearance of one sub-adult.  Hopefully I would at least not be swarmed by as many children as adults like I was in year 1 of my last lost colony attempt.

If I suffer that anyway, population control measures will be arranged more swiftly than last time.  I normally spare and protect kids, but I can't afford useless food/booze sponges (or 80+ pop) until I can farm, even with the densest foliage.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

Well, true, I guess it would greatly reduce the number of children migrants. But, my point still stands that it does not completely prevent them. You said yourself you had 2 of them.

Any advice for population control measures? Any without bridges, since those come minimum at the second trade, more likely the fourth?
The Cyan Menace

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 07:40:05 pm »

I realized by the end that you don't need any trade to build most constructions.  Maxe an X by Y A constructed floor over a drop or volcano mouth, support it with just one constructed floor tile, burrow victims on the platform, then remove the supporting tile.  If you don't have a tall cliff or volcano handy, you could build up 1z and burrow victims under it, to be crushed by cave-in.  Natural cave[ins might be faster, but are more likely to put miners at risk and leave nasty open spaces in your mountain.  Easier to reset a constructed floor in open air, even if you lose all the stones to a volcano.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

Ah, but to do that you need stones, and to do that you need to get through the self-imposed aquifier :P

I really did make it harder on myself then need be.  ;D
The Cyan Menace

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »

Ah, but to do that you need stones, and to do that you need to get through the self-imposed aquifier :P

I really did make it harder on myself then need be.  ;D

You can build constructions with logs.  Don't know if they'll cave in properly, but they will allow for the "Tall Drop" kill

Since you have an aquifer, you could probably arrange for a drowning chamber of some sort.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5