Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Aid FTW...or not (bug?)  (Read 950 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First Aid FTW...or not (bug?)
« on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:52 pm »

OK, so I've got a founder with 14+ First Aid because stopping the bleeding onsite gives lots of XP.  He can fix a blasted kidney or collapsed lung in about 48 hours (item no longer appears in the health area), and pretty much guarantees that if my people make it back to base intact that they'll make a full recovery.

At least where "full recovery" = all health indicators reading Liberal.  Most of my daters can't go on vacation anymore because they aren't uninjured, despite showing no lasting injuries and all health readouts in the Liberal.  Does going to Near Death (but having all limbs intact) non-obviously deplete base Health and count as perma-injury?  Something else along those lines?

Compare: my Mutant swordmaster Razor Gale has Elite Liberal Health 24.  He's been shot from time to time (bringing the Sword to a gunfight, and all that) and made the above-mentioned full recovery, but recently he seems a little buggy.
No matter how many healers I assign, he shows Liberal everywhere but his torso, which stubbornly remains Shot.  It doesn't seem to affect him any (no stat depletion, and overall description is Liberal but the docs can't/don't do anything, reset to Laying Low after a day of Tending to Injuries, and I can't send him to the Uni Hospital.  If this particular bullet is a permanent addition to his body, it'd help if the game made that clear--this happened once before and cleared up after he got shot in the arm.  (Both "Shot" statuses cleared up after putting him in medical for the shot-arm.)

Thanks for your time & consideration.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: First Aid FTW...or not (bug?)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:49:25 pm »

Sounds buggy to me, and probably only happens with home first aid. I don't have much insight into this problem, since it's the first I've heard about it, but I would suggest getting your guys injured and healing them again will likely help. It's also likely that getting them injured and sending them to the hospital will clear up any lingering conditions that home first aid bugged out on and failed to catch.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »

Do you mean when the total health of the affected liberal reads Liberal but some body parts still read Shot?

I've seen this in my game a few times. If my case is similar to yours and I read the save correctly, your high first aid skill plus the moderately high regeneration from a high health score pushed the limb's health slightly over its maximum.

Getting hurt again and having a doctor fix him/her up again should fix it. For all intents and purposes he/she is considered full health

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 04:25:24 pm »

Aside from the whole Torso--rather than limb--thing, yeah, that sounds about right.  I've noticed people arriving back at base in better condition than when they left the combat site, so over-healing seems like a reasonable enough culprit.

Thanks for the insight, all.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:19:18 am »

Code-dive : Liberals must be at exactly 100 blood to go on vacations.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »

so that just needs changeing to take _>100? to fix this bug?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »

OK, good to know.  Thanks for the code-dive.