Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Wipeout. (Post-apocalyptic suggestion game.)  (Read 9867 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Wipeout. (Post-apocalyptic suggestion game.)
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2012, 02:20:05 am »

Who, me?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2012, 01:54:44 pm »

no. donuts
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2012, 06:55:32 am »

You try to wake him by doing what an experienced doctor person such as yourself can do.
You slap him on the check, ask him to wake up, shake him a bit then give up.
Guess I'm just gonna end up waiting. You mumble to yourself.
Suddenly, your headache flares up again. You feel yourself getting dizzy while stars seem to fill up your vision till' you can see no more.
You lose consciousness.

Hey,Eva! Wake up would yeh? Eva!
Durak! Durak! Beard! in face! You yell. The smell of a dwarfs beard is awful enough that the lice that try to nestle in there die.
Oop. Sorry. He moves his beard out of your face. You give a relieved sigh.
You stand up and and take a look at him. As usual, he didn't waste time fixing himself. He destroyed the chair you fell off of and attached it to his stump using pieces of his own beard as rope.
How the fuck did you do that!?
Shenanigans.

Guess that explains it. You still feel very weak and, guessing from the horrible headache and falling unconscious. You probably have a concussion too.
Look, all the refugees will make this town very populated. They will kick us out. We need to get some stuff together and go find the one that nuked our town. Durak tells you. He always was a smart one, but why does he want to find the asshole that nuked our town?
Why do want to do that? You ask.
Because... I... I want revenge i guess, answers too. And... We can find a home along the way. Not to mention, excitement? You like that, right?
Agree with this? If so, say what kind of things we buy for the journey. You will stay in the town for two days to rest up from your injuries regardless, unless you think you NEED to go.

Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Equipment:
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2012, 07:32:51 am »

5 days of water and food for both of us

tools:crowbar, weaponry of choice like a small gun of a machete. rope, lots of lockpiks/bobbypins, some elven weed herbs. and if we can try to find our shroom grove. so we can pick it early.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2012, 08:26:26 am »

eat the food, find water, drink it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2012, 12:33:36 pm »

Ah, what a good dwarf!
We should stay for as long as we need to get healed and find some food and water.  I imagine Durak isn't doing too well either, even with his... prosthetic?  I don't know, that makes it seem more like an actual fake limb.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 03:03:00 pm »

You step outside, and wait for Durak. He's not very fast on his chair-leg and, according to him, It's also very tiring to try to walk on. The fact that he keeps tripping and has to pick himself up has a lot to do with that.
I (huff) will get a better leg when I (huff) get the materials. God-damn it. He says when you get outside.
You take a look around and realize that your pack of money and extra ammo was left behind when the guy in power armor pulled you out. You swear in frustration but then you see that something in power armor has just ran back into town.

Now that blood and dust isn't in your eyes you can see you were saved by a horse. An honest to god, talking, horse in power armor.
He looks enormous, and seems to have the strength to match too. He's carrying 5 people at the same time, using a belt function of the civilian power to prevent any falling off.
He drops them off in front of the old man who helped you get to Durak. The old man looks exhausted.
The horse turns towards you and then breaks out into a run towards you. He stops, inches away from your face. He speaks(!) in a rough voice with a mild British accent.
Hello, my good lady. I believe i found you next to your pack? I forgot to drop it off. He presses a button on his suit and it proceeds to eject your bag of money plus bullets.
I am sorry for my forgetfulness. Now, i must try to find more survivors, cheerio!
You stare in mild shock while he trots away and then you pick up your bag.

Everything is still in there! All 150 bucks and your extra bullets!
This makes buying things a bunch easier.
You go over to what looks like a barbeque. A rotund man with laugh-wrinkles looks at you with large smile on his face.
Welcome! What would you like my good elf and dwarf?! We have meats of all kinds! Except horse of course. Stronghoof wouldn't appreciate that.
I'd like some rat, if you have that. and a bottle of water. Durak enthusiastically yells, in the stereotypical dwarven way: I want some vark meat! And a drink to go with it!
You hate when he does this. He just does it so that he's left alone by other people. The fact that he embarrasses you to no end is an acceptable loss for him.

The fat man with the jolly face gives a hearty laugh and throws a vark leg and a rat saté on his barbeque.
That will be 15 bucks! Three for the rat, seven for the vark leg, four for a pint of cronecorn whiskey and the water's one buck. You can't help but smile, he makes you feel like you're at home.
I'll pay for the pint and the vark leg!
You both wait eagerly for the meal to arrive. The large man starts singing a song. He's not terrible, at least.
You have some time to go over your plans for a bit while the meat cooks.
Health 6/15
Energy 6/20
Rads: 240 (It slowly seeps out of your body, and you still have some rad-away in your system.)
Hunger: Quite hungry.
Thirst: Parched
Stats

Equipment

The currency is bottle-caps and old world money.America works in Euro's as they took a lot of money from Europe. Wars are expensive.
One dollar is worth 50 cents. It's a general guess, some make it more, some make it less.
This is pretty much copy pasted from my notes so it's a bit barebones.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:38:31 pm by Kitten Snot »
I think.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 03:11:13 pm »

eat, then look around for some containers you can fill with water and food.
Highly Opinionated Fool

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 03:15:13 pm »

so we must  find were there is valuable loot and scrap metal for durak and maybe a bottle of whiskey if we are lucky enough and then we must  go over to the place and then we will need too continue adventuring. also eat.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:42 pm »

Is Stronghoof's first name Ed? :D

Anyway, let's see if we can find some better materials for Durak.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2012, 04:36:02 pm »

When the food finally arrives, you pay the man and greedily dig in. Durak shares his drink with you, but keeps most of it for himself. Mainly because you are really bad with alcohol. After finishing his vark leg Durak stands up
Right,Eva! you jump in surprise.
I am going to get some more materials to get a better flippin' leg. I'll see ya soon, OK? Buy some food and some weapons.
Fine, fine! Just let me finish my rat. The tails the best part... We'll meet in an hour at the gates or something, OK?
He seemed okay with that and attempts to run off, falls on his face, picks himself up and gently walks away instead.

After you slurp away the rat tail you get up and visit the different food vendors. Most of the vultures see themselves as shrewd businessmen and raise the prices knowing that people are going to need food soon.
You get lucky and find an actual smart guy, who LOWERED his prices instead. With all the other prices being impossibly high he gets tons of business.
Or at least that's what you guess. You aren't exactly the greatest at economics.

You end up buying food rations for two people that will last two weeks and a rubber ducky because it was free. Durak can probably use the rubber or something; dwarves are kind crafty like that.
You manage to find a crowbar and a 10mm pistol for a decent price. 10mm is not a very powerful kind of caliber, but it's weapons are light and has enough punch to kill a rat or a even a vark in tight spots.
With all your purchases you only have 16 bucks left. This isn't a very pleasing feeling; you long for some more weight in the pouch.

When you go for the gate, you see Durak is standing there, patiently tapping his good foot. You notice he has a much more respectable leg now. The leg looks like four metal bars sticking through three squares, with one of them at the bottom.
It's not perfect, but it break in two and he has a larger surface area to stand on.
There you are! What did you manage to acquire?
Two weeks' rations, a 10mm pistol and a crowbar. Good thing my backpack was fine.
Told ya you weren't going to regret my reinforcing of it, even if your poor shoulders ache a bit more.
You'll never let me hear the end of this isn't it? Durak smiles devilishly.
You pinch the bridge of your nose and give a heavy sigh. I HATE it when i see that expression.
Ach, don't worry about it. I'm not mean unless I have to be. But still, if it gets to much to bear, I'd gladly get you some metal pads for those pooooooor shoulders of yours!
MOVING ON! What did you get apart from the new leg?
A .32 revolver. It seemed useful, and it was dirt-cheap! The ammo i got for it was cheap too! He enthusiastically says. You hold in the sigh and decide not to tell him about how weak the gun is.
I also got some extra stuff from the garbage dump. A few bottles and some scrap metal for the leg. Just need some duct tape and rubber and i have it bendable for some increased speed.

You throw the rubber duck against his noggin. When we get to the next town you can fiddle with it. Right now, we shou-- We should....
You fall to the ground, blind from the stars that just filled your vision and you choke back some vomit.
You feel Durak attempting to help you up while he says something. You can't understand anything because of the damned ringing in your ears.
After five very annoying and confusing minutes you manage to pull yourself up again.
Eva! What the hell just happened?!
Oh dear. Honey, thayts a cuncussioyn. It'll go away in due time, give it a day or so. A nearby elder lady says with a southern drawl. She then continues working on her shopping cart.
Look, if you don't feel up to traveling right now we can probably get a bed with whatever money you have left. I'll sleep on the floor if necessary.

What do we do? The concussion isn't too severe. It will be possible to travel but it could flare up at a bad time. Staying will lead to more desperate people who are quite capable at shiving someone.

Stats

Equipment
I think.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »

Yeah, let's start going, Durak probably has an Idea of where to go.  Let's try to figure out what his plan is.  He... does have a plan, right?

Also, that's totally a southern accent.  Yup.  We just talk with a couple extra 'y's.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »

rest somewhere. fill the containers with water.
Highly Opinionated Fool

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

rest somewhere. fill the containers with water.
this

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2012, 03:12:36 am »

I don't know how to write that kind of accent in words. No offense intended. Sorry.
I won't try to incorporate it anymore from here on out.
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10