Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - OOC  (Read 20495 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - OOC
« Reply #330 on: September 01, 2016, 04:56:32 pm »

Soooon.

This game is far more taxing than the other RTD, and I intend to make changes to simplify everything.

Proper announcement will be posted once I post a proper turn, for good measure.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to continue playing, since I forgot my initial idea, its crude follow-up, got my free time gutted and can't find any inspiration to play a god-like being. Many thanks for interesting time, everyone!

P.S. Just to make absolutely sure: I'm leaving only this game.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2016, 06:00:19 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to continue playing, since I forgot my initial idea, its crude follow-up, got my free time gutted and can't find any inspiration to play a god-like being. Many thanks for interesting time, everyone!

P.S. Just to make absolutely sure: I'm leaving only this game.
An understandable decision, thanks for spending time on this with us :)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 01, 2016, 09:59:23 pm »

• Alright ! Announcement time !

I will skip the apologies for the delay. Then I will apologize again because I'm thinking of officially killing the game.

I gave a lot of thoughts to it, and in the end the game as it is now is far too taxing on my time and mind. Well, it's my fault after all ! I made such an overly complicated mess of rules and I persisted in keeping everything running :p

There are too many useless numbers in this game. More numbers mean more things to keep track off, which also mean slower turn cycle.
Still it was funny to juggle with these numbers, and made me a bit better at keeping track of things !

The game is too sandbox-y. Not a bad thing per se, but in a way it means that if there is a delay, players and GM run the risk of forgetting their goals, and thus losing interest. Combined with the numbers problem, I was bound to collapse on myself due to my RL obligations.
Furthermore, still in relation with the sandbox, their is a despairing lack of interactions to entertain the players. Apart from some rare NPCs, I estimate I made the players too "isolated" from the world.

Weird, can't think of anything else, though I am sure there are other things I would like to mention.

Though !
This game is done, but it taught me a lot. It gave me many ideas for future games, so that's not a loss.
And we did have fun right ? I hope so, haha.

What I loved in this game was to imagine how the world you were creating was interacting within itself. And how you tried to mingle with it of course, especially when mortals were involved.

So if I create another God Game, it will be simpler, will have more NPCs and stakes. Other deities, other eldritch neighbors, world-level stakes... You name it.
Though the game I would want the most to create at the moment is some kind of "world conquest" game featuring monstrous protagonists.

And that's it. In the end, thanks again to everyone ! You made this game live and put with me :P

Sleep well Legacy of the Protearchs II, it was a fun ride...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 01, 2016, 10:01:16 pm »

nooo! I wanted to finish carving my storyline!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 01, 2016, 10:03:10 pm »

nooo! I wanted to finish carving my storyline!
Sorry !... But it would be very unreasonable of me to continue on with the game as it is now. :/

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 01, 2016, 10:56:18 pm »

Ah well. Good luck with your next game.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2016, 10:05:45 am »

You can count on me being in the next game :D
No sig yet

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2016, 08:19:03 pm »

Well...Is suppose Luxlin shall do okay.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2016, 09:11:51 pm »

Well it was fun while it lasted!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]