Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519720 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10005 on: August 07, 2014, 04:42:57 am »

Any of you guys in my head know anything about ambassing?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: August 07, 2014, 04:50:38 am »

Any of you guys in my head know anything about ambassing?

"Sadly, I am not experienced in matters such as these, my love..."

"I never knew ambassadors actually did anything, to be honest."

"So maybe there's nothing you need to do and you can just check what the waspgoat's been up to!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: August 07, 2014, 05:03:06 am »

Good idea!

Go outside and find someone. Question them as to recent waspgoat activity.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: August 08, 2014, 12:03:30 am »

[I really need to find a gap of time to dedicate to figuring out the limits of this new body. Gotta test that infrasound, the heat, the limbs, the floating, the lighting, and how truly inter-dimensional his storage limits are now.]

Morton considers himself quite fortunate to have all of this survive the body swap, transformation, and momentary loss of control that were in his past. Truly, tea can stand the test of a second chancer, and will always be by your side.

"No, I don't believe they did, good tailor Craig. Nothing I believe implied, nor nothing inferred, no. I suppose they must assume we shall arrive when we believe ourselves properly prepared to converse. Most appreciative, as it gives us time to properly prepare." The tea apostle replied to the demonologist tailor, looking for any signs of an inn or a place that may accommodate their wishes for water and a safe place to set it boiling. "Should we fail to locate a hospitable domicile for some proper tea brewing, we should be able to improvise. My new form appears to give off some sort of heat, although I'm afraid I'm not sure how well I can control it, if at all. Failing that, a simple improvised heated surface would be suitable, I've had to make do with such before in the past. I do quite prefer the creature comforts of civilization however, it makes things much easier."

Morton searches for an inn, restaurant, or similarly receptive place he can find and appropriate water and a fire pit to boil it from! Failing that, just water might do, as improvisation is the spice of life.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: August 08, 2014, 01:50:12 am »

"So, uhh, yeah. How are you doing?"
Small talk. Avoid being uncomfortable.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: August 09, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »

On a rocky precipice next to a reservoir...

Kevin, paying no mind to the spider-creature fighting for dear life a few steps away, begins to explore his rocky outcropping. After all, the creature had come from somewhere, right? And would you look at that (or rather feel it, since it has become no less pitch black since Kevin last reminded himself of the fact he can't see), there is indeed a slope leading upward. Kevin is slightly deterred by this, but then remembers that his legs feel no pain and that he's got to ride out this high while it's still there, and soldiers on, crawling up until reaching a rather narrow crack in the wall - it seems the spider-thing came through here!

In a dark and spherical chamber of stone...

Sigmund, rather careful now that it seems that luck is once more trying to turn its back on him, begins to carefully part the stone above.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 2]

A bit too carefully, Sigmund finds, as he doesn't quite manage to inject the presence into the rock strongly or sharply enough to part it. Perhaps less care is needed in orchestrating his escape.

In the refugee camp of Eckledun...

Scott, interested greatly in ensuring the safety of his pal Morton, floats high up in the sky, following the desk's movements through the town while also keeping a close eye on the tower. Justine follows him, though floating higher than he has chosen to for some reason.

As Morton heads down the streets with Craig, eventually shuffling into a certain inn, Scott notes the location and moves off to the tower, reaching its forbidding, metal-studded exterior within a few minutes. He looks for a window, and finds that there aren't any, so he just chooses a random spot somewhere around mid-level. He floats right in, only to come into a conspicuously clean, stark white office with shelves lining the walls absolutely littered with random knickknacks, where a woman sits behind a desk (really just a set of two metal plates joined together seamlessly with each other and the floor in an L-shape), evidently conversing with a man in a dark blue armored robe with one conspicuously long arm.

The woman, garbed in a black robe with a broad white stripe running down the middle and generally round in shape, turns to look at the lump of ectoplasm that seems to have blundered into her office.

"Ah, Scott. I figured you'd drop by. I'm Susanne. How can I help you today?" she asks pleasantly.

Meanwhile, Morton and Craig both wander into an inn, seemingly dubbed the Purging Crab, which is indeed an image neither Morton nor Craig had ever quite imagined before in their lives. Walking inside, Morton quickly asks the innkeeper, a man with a large crab for a head, if he can use that rather wonderful fire cooking over there by the fireplace to boil some water, and the innkeeper clicks and chirps affirmatively. Morton, quite happy, gets to work and fixes himself up a perfectly wonderful pot of tea while Tailor Craig clicks away with his claw by the counter and chirps strangely, seemingly conversing with the crab-man.

In the guest wing of Castle Fenton...

Niklas, figuring all waspgoat news are good news, goes on and looks for somebody who hasn't slept through the rampage of the creature through the halls of the castle. He soon finds a rather more composed maid walking the halls, very cautiously looking about.

"Greetings, ma'am," Niklas says, becoming overly polite once more, knowing that this tends to bring better results when speaking with meek Southerners. "I've heard tales of waspgoat eggs. Care to comment?"

"They've got the waspgoat caged now. No eggs have been found, but you never know," the maid explains. "They say it came from the guest wing, and there's a broken door there, the destruction seemingly a perfect match for several of the waspgoat's appendages. Care to comment?" she says, and Niklas feels oddly... bewitched by her tone of voice, and also her eyes. Not in a magical way, though, he thinks. She's just incredibly fascinating to him somehow.

In an empty room...

Darren keeps trying to engage the headless thing in conversation.

"So, uhh, yeah. How are you doing?" he says, utterly failing at maintaining a modicum of personal comfort. But the other ghost says nothing, and merely continues to hug him. Darren does guess it has no ears, after all.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:59:33 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: August 09, 2014, 04:07:27 pm »

*sigh*
Bloody clairvoyants.
"Any chance for fully detailed and annotated maps of the town and the tower, in case you are really the insane and perverse cultists we believe you to be and need to cut you down in the name of all that is holy and good?
...of course, you could prove yourself otherwise and use your considerable wealth and magical acuity to inform me of a way to regain physical form or at least to see to whatever malady that has turned my frie- uh...servant into a haunted piece of furniture?
Also helping us destroy your insane creation would be of no small gesture of friendship."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:53:24 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: August 09, 2014, 04:22:22 pm »

Fine, try again, harder, but not much harder. If i see that I'm going overdoing it, stop.

((I have to ask, does Tedium Mastery apply to material foci?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: August 09, 2014, 04:26:12 pm »

((I have to ask, does Tedium Mastery apply to material foci?))

Not in this case, since you're not doing the same thing over and over again. You could become a master of averages at parting stone above you with this focus, though.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: August 09, 2014, 04:33:03 pm »

Fascinating enough to deserve a fascinating embellishment of what really happened?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: August 09, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

Fascinating enough to deserve a fascinating embellishment of what really happened?

Oh yes. You would definitely say so.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: August 09, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »

Hhehehebehehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehehehhehehehehehhhehehhhhhhhh

"My assistant and I were actually there for its horrific rampage, or the beginnings of it. We were inspecting the guest quarters when all of a sudden, just when we were opening a particular door, it came bursting through with bloodlust in it's eyes."

Wait a minute this is a female body. I should say something about my ... vegetables? Verdunn? Veterinarian? Vorpal? Vivacious viper? Do I even have one of those? That'd be awesome.
...innocence, I think they call it. Gotta stay maidenly and all that.

"I feared for my innocence, so I pulled my ritual knife and began brandishing it in the beginning strokes of a certain horrible ritual that you wouldn't wish to know the end result of, and recognizing it, for it's inimical to all magical creatures, it immediately fled, whereupon my panic caused me to temporarily forget the last hour or so, only to regain said memories when I woke up just now."

((Also I'll try to actually be consistent with quotations and stuff now so you know what's thinking and what's not.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: August 09, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

((So, it applies to directions. Got it. I needed to know how specific this needed to be to work))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: August 10, 2014, 02:23:58 am »

[...I honestly can't remember if anyone told Scott about the fabulous dimension. I feel like we did, but it was a good while ago and I can't pin anything specific as a marker for it. I wouldn't be surprised if we never really did.]

Morton hummed to himself happily as he checked and double checked the tea, trying to make sure everything was correct. Without another word, the desk withdrew two of his mildly enchanted flasks and filled them up with the freshly brewed tea. Satisfied, he topped off the tea in the pot and let it properly brew again, trying to make sure the adjustments for the refilling being just right. Making a single brew is one thing, after all, quite another topping off an existing one without tampering with the proper ratio too much.

When he was satisfied, the desk will pull the pot off of the heat and cover it carefully, making sure to try and not let much of the heat out and that it was sealed properly. Carefully setting the heated pot on his surface (withdrawing it if it proved to be too hot and instead holding it), the desk carried the two flasks to the conversing crustacean-enthused pair. A flask was presented to each when their conversation lulled, the desk first addressing the kind innkeeper.

"A gift for graciously allowing us to use your cooking fire, I do hope you enjoy it good sir innkeeper. You may keep the flask; I do apologize for our swift departure, but we are expected somewhere I'm afraid and it simply wouldn't do to keep them waiting for too long." Morton happily explained and apologized to the man, wishing he had time to converse (or attempt at least) with the interesting fellow but not wanting the tea to get cold. He makes a mental note to return later.

The tea apostle then cheerfully addressed the tailor. "A promise is something I always do try to keep, I hope you enjoy it good tailor Craig. I believe now we are ready to properly meet those in the tower, whenever you feel ready." Morton prompted the tailor, half as much to try and help personally mentally prep for the meeting as to politely wait for when Craig was ready to move onwards.

Prep two flasks of tea, refill the pot, place pot on Morton's surface (or carry it should it prove too hot for such). Wait for lull in conversation to present flasks to both the innkeeper and Craig, as both a gift and a kept promise respectfully. Make mental note to return to the Purging Crab to converse with its interesting proprietor. When Craig feels ready to move on, head off to the tower quickly but carefully, wouldn't do well to spill the tea after all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:45 am »

*sigh*
Bloody clairvoyants.
"Any chance for fully detailed and annotated maps of the town and the tower, in case you are really the insane and perverse cultists we believe you to be and need to cut you down in the name of all that is holy and good?
...of course, you could prove yourself otherwise and use your considerable wealth and magical acuity and inform me of a way to regain physical form or at least to see to whatever malady that has turned my frie- uh...servant into a haunted piece of furniture?
Also helping us destroy your insane creation would be of no small gesture of friendship."

"YES YOU MAY AND-" the man begins to shout at the woman, but she interrupts him as you begin to speak.

"In a moment, sir. First, I will attend to Mr. Yaleson here," she says, turning to you and listening to your spiel. "Regaining a physical form is easy, Scott. You just need a necromancer to put you in a body of some sort. As for your friend, he seems rather fine and happy. I do believe he's been a desk for quite a long time. It's kind of his thing now, isn't it?"

"My assistant and I were actually there for its horrific rampage, or the beginnings of it. We were inspecting the guest quarters when all of a sudden, just when we were opening a particular door, it came bursting through with bloodlust in it's eyes."

Wait a minute this is a female body. I should say something about my ... vegetables? Verdunn? Veterinarian? Vorpal? Vivacious viper? Do I even have one of those? That'd be awesome.
...innocence, I think they call it. Gotta stay maidenly and all that.

"I feared for my innocence, so I pulled my ritual knife and began brandishing it in the beginning strokes of a certain horrible ritual that you wouldn't wish to know the end result of, and recognizing it, for it's inimical to all magical creatures, it immediately fled, whereupon my panic caused me to temporarily forget the last hour or so, only to regain said memories when I woke up just now."

"Where did the waspgoat come from?"
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 719