Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 513505 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10605 on: July 01, 2015, 09:13:27 am »

Then here is the awkward and possibly very impolite question, where are you and what form are you currently in?
Upon being told, attempt to do as requested.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: July 02, 2015, 04:45:00 am »

"Ugh."
Will myself to be invincible

((THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN GO WRONG))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: July 02, 2015, 05:48:50 am »

Well, with a god angry at him, Darren decided the best course of action was to learn more about his predicament. Thus, he endeavored to locate some manner of multidenominational church, then a cloak.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: July 03, 2015, 01:26:20 am »

"Ugh."

Ensure that your cells will not grow out of control (cancer+) due to your cells not dying but still replicating, and that your hair and nails can be trimmed.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: July 03, 2015, 02:48:30 am »

"Ugh."

Ensure that your cells will not grow out of control (cancer+) due to your cells not dying but still replicating, and that your hair and nails can be trimmed.
((Also just because your invincible doesn't mean you cant be trapped somewhere like say under a layer of lava.))

Try to break into the soul container
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: July 03, 2015, 02:28:16 pm »

There is also the old story of the Greek woman who wished for eternal life, but not eternal youth.
That got ugly quick.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: July 03, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »

((No no no, leave the hair.
Trust me.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: July 03, 2015, 03:58:47 pm »

Bother.

Just when things seem to be somewhat (if you look on the bright side) going well, something seems to come along. The desk sits in the darkness for a moment or two before sighing. Well, no point dwelling on misfortune. First! He must figure out where he is, and where good mage Wilma went.

Searching his person for anything that might present a light, the desk remembered that he himself gives off a faint light. Hm... Perhaps?

Attempt to turn up the lights! Or at least make things a brighter shade of brown, perhaps.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: July 04, 2015, 09:43:23 am »

In a monolithic entrance chamber...

Sigmund quickly checks out what's up with that pelvic focus the dead man has, examining it with his magical expertise. It seems like it ought to be a simple enough thing, really, but sadly Sigmund doesn't happen to live in a world where so-called magical professionals actually know how the heck magic actually works. So instead what he sees before him is a somewhat brute-forced crystalline formation implanted in a man's pelvis that seems to apply an enormous multitude of different velocity and acceleration vectors to a given object at seemingly random angles, with it being possible to suggest a predominating direction for them, which requires a specific series of gestures and thoughts (with minor variability depending on task required) from a strangely non-specific soul, but a specific body type, which is drawn from a description from what Sigmund assumes to be some form of running report of all the focus' activities up to this point since its creation, a thing that's not really supposed to happen for most objects, and yet somebody seems to have accidentally (because Sigmund refuses to believe such a convoluted design could have been possible to do on purpose, honestly) turned on.

It's going to be pretty hard to modify without upsetting something sensitive, clearly, because the knots on this thing are pretty lopsided. The work of some idiot, he can tell, as he's seen some idiots in his lifetime. Could be useful if he could dig it out of this guy's pelvis, though only if he managed to remove it being keyed to this dude's body type.

In the ruined Black Tower of Eckledun...

Scott decides to humor this request for the time being.

"Then here is the awkward and possibly very impolite question, where are you and what form are you currently in?"

~Oh, I'm in my room. It'll take a moment to get my body out of the closet, but I'll see if I can't get to the roof on my own. I'll holler at you if the need arises. See you at the top, hopefully,~ Francine replies, and Scott for a moment feels a sensation of ponderous movement before the communication abruptly cuts out. Supposing there to be no harm in it (perhaps naively so), Scott floats out of the tower and makes his way to the top past what seem to be battlements placed around the edge. The roof itself is fairly bare. No, wait, it's actually completely bare. Doesn't seem to have anything here, not even a staircase down or anything. Hm.

~Hm. I can't seem to get out of my room,~ Francine notes all of a sudden. ~I... think something's blocking my door. Mind checking it out? It's three floors down from the roof, central room. Can't miss it.~

In a roadside ditch...

Kevin's problems, assuredly many and grand in scope to say the least, are clearly not all that hard to solve, he thinks. He really only needs one thing! Invincibility, that's it. Invincibility ought to cut it just fine. So maybe if he just went and wished very hard for it, well...

[Kevin's will roll: 6-2]

... well, he does feel a bit less vincible, to be honest! Still ravenous, no doubt, but also significantly less vincible. Of course, unless it's the hunger misleading him into feeling less vincible so that he'd go and fight something and maybe get some damn food in him already. He really wouldn't mind some damn food himself right now, to tell the truth.

In a town as far away from known climes as possible...

Darren figures he needs to get in touch with some clergy. Maybe they'll know what the deal is. So he glides out into the streets and discreetly into the local shrine, which is a humble wooden building decorated with five-pointed star of the Five Gods, the only gods you can petition for aid and not be blown to bits in short order by a golden messenger from the Offices of Order. Looking inside, he notices an amiable-looking priest smoking a pipe as he leans on an altar. Great!

Now to find a cloak. Darren flits about for a second before moving into the friendly neighborhood non-junk store, where there appear to be no magical cloaks to be found. But Darren frets not - surely they would not be so barbaric out here as to have no magical things at all. He approaches the storekeeper, a chubby fellow fast approaching middle age, and asks for a fine magical cloak he could drape over his disturbingly ectoplasmic shape.

The storekeeper has a short look of revelation, and seems about to say something, but then stops, blinking and furrowing his brow. He smiles with one side of his face and starts tapping on the counter expectantly. Darren smiles back politely. The storekeeper starts to bleed out of his nose. Darren is about to point this out, but the storekeeper then starts to bleed out of his eyeballs as well, and promptly collapses on the counter face-down in a growing puddle of his own blood, twitching a few times before he goes deathly still. Huh.

Within the confines of a void eel...

Mark strides right down the hallway and checks out the soul container at the end of it, which appears to be some kind of dark, shadowy fella sitting in a chair clearly too nice for him, busily laboring over several boards filled with pretty lights of some kind. He's got a soul in him, that's for sure. Better get it out!

[Mark vs. Shadow Fellow: 3 vs. 4-1]

Putting his hands on the fellow's head from behind, Mark tries to peel open the creature's skull, but it doesn't quite work for some reason. Maybe he requires some tools for this.

"Eh?" the fellow goes, swiveling his head 180 degrees to look at Mark. "Whuh? How'd you get in here? Get out, will ya? Got people to catch! Ain't got time to bother with stowaways!"

In a darkened section of a void eel's digestive tract...

Morton, bothered by the lack of visibility in here, dials up his light a bit, illuminating everything around him in a blinding shade of near-infrared light, which lets him easily discover that he seems to have found himself in some form of room - there's a fluffy, soft barrier on one wall that he landed on, a forbidding steel door on the opposite side that he presumes just shut behind him, and some form of steel-looking paneling all around the rest of the place, which is regrettably cramped and smells of fresh oil.

Whatever this place is, it doesn't seem very civilized. Clean, yes, but hardly civilized. To treat furniture this way is deplorable, to say nothing of the same treatment likely being leveled at good mage Wilma in equal measure. Simply shameful.

Finally, there's a metallic-looking knob pretty high up on the ceiling, and also some form of glass orb set into one of the upper corners of the room. Most perplexing.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: July 04, 2015, 09:59:35 am »

So, a crude focus. Not really what Sigmund was looking for, and the magical insights acquired were clearly not the most useful. At least he knows a little more about how telekinesis works. What Sigmund could try to do now would be to put his own, inseparable soul in the body of the dead man, that would likely give him control over the focus. But to do that he would need a new focus, one that already has soul descriptions coded into its being and so Sigmund doesn't screw it up.

And that bone mage still doesn't appear...

And, suddenly, Sigmund got an idea! The man itself could be the focus! Well, a part of it, so that  he coul still inhabit the rest of the person. It would be a matter of removing a finger, making it into a focus, and then moving his own soul into the dead body! But it may not be very advisable to do so, considering the wounds of the dead guy...

Can I get a small description of the wounds of the dead guy before deciding what to do?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: July 04, 2015, 10:01:30 am »

Can I get a small description of the wounds of the dead guy before deciding what to do?

His head's been pretty uncleanly bitten off, and there's a small hole in his throat that seems to have pierced his trachea and come out the other end. Otherwise he doesn't look terribly harmed.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: July 04, 2015, 10:07:49 am »

Then, it may not be wise to put your own soul into that. At least Sigmund can try to make another soul-moving focus.

But, then, Sigmund suddenly gets an idea: what if the mage has some kind of door-opening device inside of him? Maybe Sigmund could check if the body can open the door.

Change of plans: move the body near the door, see if it gets opened that way.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: July 04, 2015, 10:19:10 am »

((I don't have interest, mainly not from the RP's but lack of death(and !!FUN!!)))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26:35 am »

Is my hand still bleeding?
Try to will myself some food.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:34:02 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: July 04, 2015, 11:32:36 am »

Is my hand still bleeding?

Yep. That's from when you were more vincible, clearly.
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 719