Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519708 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10620 on: July 04, 2015, 04:07:58 pm »

Scott will attempt to seek the problem.
"So, are you a construct or an undead?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: July 04, 2015, 07:18:49 pm »

Mark relises something this isnt a eel its a machine better keep it from the hands of the little soul

Use my AXE on guys FACE
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: July 05, 2015, 11:11:35 am »

Hmm, most strange, most strange indeed! It appears he's in some sort of holding cell. Judging by the cushioned wall, one in which they at least think of the well-being of their captives. Most strange indeed...

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: July 06, 2015, 06:19:47 am »

In a monolithic chamber of teleportation...

An idea for door-opening coming to him in the middle of all this consideration, Sigmund bites down on the headless man's neck and starts dragging.

[Strength roll: 2+1]

The corpse, however, is pretty large in comparison to Sigmund, and progress is considerably slower than he would like. Eventually, however, he does make it to the door! However, it fails to open. Damn it all. On the other hand, this does seem like a generally sensible course of action despite this, given that Sigmund does notice a bit of a change in the door-opening mechanism - it hasn't really activated, but it does seem... excited? Not in the emotional sense, but in the energetic sense, of course.

In a roadside ditch...

Now more confident in his ability to will things to be, Kevin tries to capture godhood in a bottle once more and will himself some food, blissfully unaware of probability itself not being on his side for this task.

[Will roll: 1-2]

Concentrating hard, he imagines a delicious cabbage (which does hint at increasing desperation on his part) in his hands, many-leafed and filled with wondrous nutrients that are all a living fellow such as himself would need, and closes his eyes, this time trying to keep his teeth to himself. He runs through several rounds of concentrated wishing, going over all of the relevant attributes of a cabbage that he can recall at the moment, and feels his hands grow heavy with something promisingly spherical and with a leafy texture. Once it reaches a properly cabbage-like feel, he stops, and waits a few seconds. The cabbage remains. Feeling it from all sides, Kevin becomes convinced of its reality, and then opens his eyes. There it is! A cabbage! A delicious pink cabbage in his hands, right there for the eating!

Atop the ruined Black Tower of Eckledun...

Scott, not unmoved by Francine's plea for help, mindfully descends through the tower's top and through roughly two floors, each of which he crosses at what looks like a hallway.

"So, are you a construct or an undead?" he asks on the way of Francine.

~Undead, sort of. Not that I was really raised from the dead, but instead that my soul was bound a bit more tightly to my body and then my body was "killed", so to speak, and then carefully preserved. Makes things much more efficient. I was wondering if it wouldn't be good to transition to ghosthood, as you may recall, but I'm not sure if that would work too well in my case,~ Francine relates to him as he crosses down into the floor she's on, and notices that this one does appear to have only one large room in the center of it, surrounded by an outer hallway winding all the way around it.

Immediately as he gets down there he suspects what the problem is - it probably has something to do with the outer hallway being filled up to about the halfway point with that pink stuff, similarly to the pool he encountered earlier, except this one seems to not have a level rather than a slope - a gentle downward slope running from inside to outside, in fact, as if it were some kind of static tide being pulled toward the center.

In an eel-machine cruising through the void...

Mark at once figures out the problem and the solution, remembering his reconstituted hobo axe with uncanny precision as he performs a fluid strike at the seated fellow.

[Mark vs. Shadow Fellow: 2-2 vs. 1-1]

Unfortunately, the fellow ducks down a bit, seemingly indignant at this blatant murder attempt.

"Ay now!" he says, sliding out of the seat and standing a little bit away from Mark. "This is a terribly sensitive area. You wanna fight, let's do it in the hallway, all right?"

He quickly maneuvers his hand to flick a small, unsigned switch and starts to push Mark out of the far chamber back into the hallway.

In the captivity of some kind of void beast...

Morton, intrigued by the room he's in, examines the glass orb, noting it to be black (or perhaps clear, but with something black behind it). Touching it reveals it to be smooth glass, and also leaves a bit of a brownish-black stain on its surface.

Next he turns his attention to the knob on the ceiling - it takes only a little examination to discover that it's probably for some sort of ceiling hatch, given the seams on the ceiling around it. No hinge that Morton can see, however. Hard to tell how to open it without trying the knob.

The door, Morton notes, seems to have slid down from above with the help of some well-oiled mechanism. Strange thing is, though, Morton can't see a locking mechanism at all - it seems to have come to a rest on the floor, but if it's not locked in place and was merely brought down by some form of gravity, it would not be unthinkable to lift it. The gaps, between it an the walls, floor and ceiling, though, are much less hopeful. No way he's sliding through these. At least not without getting rid of his stuff.

Speaking of his stuff, it looks better than one would expect. He's spilled any tea he had, of course, but it seems to have collected on one side and blissfully missed the demonology book entirely. The book is slightly crumpled, but nothing overly tragic. The rest of his stuff, however, seems to exist in a worrying state of flux, all tucked into one dark corner of his drawers. Might not be wise to disturb that much.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: July 06, 2015, 06:30:18 am »

((fuck))
Panic, chuck it away, imagine any other foodstuff then run.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:34:48 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: July 06, 2015, 06:42:28 am »

((Uh. I'd recommend eating something else. Like a rock or some dirt or some fire. Any would be less hazardous.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: July 06, 2015, 06:44:06 am »

Drag the pelvis of the dead man closer to the door!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: July 06, 2015, 07:22:03 am »

(Wow we suck at fighting whats my -2 from?)

Mark moves back with the man then AXE TO HEAD
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:06 am »

(Wow we suck at fighting whats my -2 from?)

Mark moves back with the man then AXE TO HEAD

((Aiming for the head - it gives you a -2, but if you hit that's immediately an extra-serious injury for your opponent.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: July 06, 2015, 05:56:12 pm »

(Ahh thanks )
My Sig

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: July 07, 2015, 09:46:02 am »

Scott will convey his observation.
Afterwards he will liberally coat the observed with fire (unless told not to)
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:48 pm »

The desk regretfully empties himself of the loose tea to protect the book and then turning his attention back to the rest of the room. How dreadful a puzzle! And most curious. Where is the aspect of this realm? Where is the tea apostle himself? What about the others? If nothing else, the desk at least feels thankful that the situation has changed.

His first attempt is to push the door open with his many arms, using several to push and several to brace himself.
His second, should that fail, is to try and manipulate the knob by multiple means (twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, etc).
Morton's final attempt, should all else fail--as by then he'd of just wished to do anything with results--is to completely make the strange sphere stained and see if he can remove it from its perch.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: July 08, 2015, 06:28:27 am »

In a roadside ditch...

Kevin is about to dig into his fresh new pink cabbage before realizing that cabbages as far as he knows aren't supposed to be pink. This is sufficient to alarm him greatly for some unknown reason, so he chucks it over his shoulder, presumably into the ditch on the other side of the road, and briefly imagines some roast rat to settle his mind. This only succeeds in making him more ravenous than before, so in a fit of animal instinct Kevin just makes a run for it to get the adrenaline flowing and suppress his inescapable hunger.

After running a very respectable hundred meter sprint down the road, he feels a bit less hungry. Just a bit, though. But he also hasn't exploded or been set on pink fire or anything, so the improbable cabbage is presumably not about to hurt him much more than it already has, which is to say mostly in his dwindling, starvation-hit morale.

In an insufficiently sealed teleportation chamber...

Sigmund, excited by the excitation of the door opener, positions the headless corpse in a highly undignified fashion in order to get his pelvis about as close to the door opener as reasonably possible without employing some overly complicated mechanism of ropes and pulleys. This, he is sad to note, fails to open the door, or indeed cause any change in its knot configuration. It seems that whatever it is expecting, pelvic proximity is not quite it.

Of course, this makes sense, because Sigmund does not quite recall the skull mage opening the door with any form of pelvic thrust. He's pretty sure he'd remember seeing something like that.

Inside an eel-machine's control center...

Mark sadly disagrees with the shadow fellow's idea of dueling in the hallway, and continues on his execution strategy as if nothing at all had happened.

[Mark vs. Shadow Fellow: 4-2 vs. 1]

Stepping back while giving the shadow man a good knee in the kidneys, he swings the axe downward, sending its blade sailing right into the distracted creature's head, where it gets messily stuck.

[Shadow Fellow's endurance roll: 3-2]

The shadow man straightens out, and seems to be about to make a closing remark about this encounter, which turns out to be a literal croak as he falls backward, his body liquefying as it falls on the ground, leaving a great black, slippery puddle with Mark's axe sticking out of one end of it.

On the third topmost floor of the Black Tower of Eckledun...

Scott stoically reveals the state of the hallway to Francine, noting its saturation with ungodly pink and its terribly poor imitation of a water level.

~Well, that's not good at all, is it?~ she beams in response. Scott responds, as he often does, with a clever solution. His golden hammer, so to speak.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 3]

Starting a small spark, Scott is delighted to see the pink instantly catch fire, the entire hallway covering itself in pink flame as he watches the fire spread. Probably looks awfully impressive from the outside. Maybe he ought to check.

~What did you just do?~ Francine asks with a hint of worry. Scott doesn't worry, however, as it seems that the level of pink is decreasing, though it reminds Scott more of melting tallow than, say, combusting spirits, which is slightly unusual. The smoke is also pink, and appears to be covering the walls in pink soot, which makes the room seem more tasteless by the minute.

In a sealed chamber in the middle of a lonely void...

Morton continues his systematic approach to escaping this dreadful place. Placing a multitude of arms on the ground and a multitude on the door, he gives it a good push. It fails to budge horizontally, which is not very surprising, considering that it's probably set deeply into the walls. Lifting it produces slightly better results, making a slight crack at the bottom through which Morton can't quite see, but which seems like the beginning of an escape route.

Next he investigates the knob. He pushes, twists, turns, then pulls - the pull, possibly on account of the twist, gets the hatch around the knob open, revealing a passage that goes vertically for a short distance and seemingly opens up into a larger room - it's going to be a tight squeeze for Morton to get through that, though considerably less so than the portal was. Unlike the room he's in, the one on the other end appears to be lit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: July 08, 2015, 06:53:42 am »

Look for something edible in the nearby forest.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: July 08, 2015, 07:08:30 am »

Okay, that was dumb, but worth a shot anyway.

So, the skull mage is probably dead, or fighting whatever monster is in here, and Sigmund is trapped underground. Again. Well, at least he actually knows how to get out now...

Begin tunnelling horizontally, to a point where it doesn't seem likely that there is any kind of building or chamber above me, so that I can do the whole pillar thing afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 719