Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 517471 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10740 on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:14 pm »

Clearly, Kevin is destined to become a chaos/pink mage.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nunzillor

« Reply #10741 on: September 19, 2015, 12:50:33 pm »

Hmm, I guess if he just phrased everything the opposite of what he wanted to happen, he could be extremely powerful.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: September 20, 2015, 03:14:44 am »

Cursing his ill luck and lack-luster friendships, Scott  decides one thing...this 'pink' it must be judged, it must burn for the suffering it gives him. Oh no, not just any old burn, his burn...his special touch. Every ember will be his pinching fingers, every tongue of flame... a tender caress. The pink will die, die in flaming ecstasy born of pain and mental anguish. He will burn it to ash and eat what remains.

Come to me strange one, we will have such a good time together. You've been naughty, oh so very naughty.
he whispers.

Scott heads to the largest concentration of the magical anomaly and bathes it liberally with physic screams and unholy fire.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:19:49 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: September 20, 2015, 04:14:14 am »

Hmm, I guess if he just phrased everything the opposite of what he wanted to happen, he could be extremely powerful.
((thats metagaming :P))

((also, embracing the pink has never gone well, for anyone.))
"I was doing fine before. For a given definition of fine, anyway."
"What is this pink stuff, anyway?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: September 20, 2015, 04:28:06 am »

"I was doing fine before. For a given definition of fine, anyway."
"What is this pink stuff, anyway?"

"It is magic gone completely wrong, or rather its symptom. A virulent decay of the physical universe," Evelyn says. "This... locale you seem to have conjured appears stable enough for now, but nothing pink is to be trusted."

"Hm. I need to create a new focus while the land remains favorable," she says after a moment. "You, meanwhile, must not make things worse. Do we have an agreement?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: September 20, 2015, 04:29:53 am »

"So I'm just supposed to sit around while you make a focus out of... The stuff you just said not to trust?"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: September 20, 2015, 04:36:24 am »

"So I'm just supposed to sit around while you make a focus out of... The stuff you just said not to trust?"

"I will not make a focus out of the pink. Instead it will have to be a piece of myself unless you can donate some of your collected garbage," she says patiently. "And yes, you are to sit around and do absolutely nothing. It is the only way to be sure."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: September 20, 2015, 05:09:02 am »

"I hope you know what you're doing"
Sit around, I guess.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: September 20, 2015, 12:22:42 pm »

"Bother."

Morton goes to rescue the injured mage and then get out of here by heading to the red light.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: September 21, 2015, 12:02:39 am »

"I hope you know what you're doing"
Sit around, I guess.
Psst. Use the Mantra.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: September 21, 2015, 04:29:41 am »

Forgetting about the monster Mark turns and continues to the red light hoping that he will find something to medicine with.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: September 23, 2015, 02:05:08 pm »

Okay, another attempt at killing the thing:

Remove a stone from the opposing wall and crush it against the thing. If the stone is spike-shaped, better.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: October 16, 2015, 10:04:58 pm »

"Well, that looks like a really nice place."
Go the other way. Check below, hoping for no little bambis dying.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:06:31 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Preparing an Epilogue
« Reply #10753 on: January 08, 2016, 11:39:35 am »

I think at this point it is grossly unlikely I will ever muster the willpower to get back to updating this game again. It really was largely undead for about the last year I did update.

Nevertheless, I did vow to end it somehow. So what I'm going to do is write up an ending just like any other overly ambitious GM who finds complication easier than resolution. With some rolling, of course.

This is largely for my own peace of mind, of course, but the nice part is that anyone who can be bothered to post can suggest stuff (including players who can suggest the ultimate goals of their characters). Namely, characters whose fate I expound upon as well as anything else. That list currently includes the player characters both lost and (ostensibly) active, the Artiste, the Aspect of Greed, the Gub, the Demon of Hate, the whip man, Boris, Velusius and the Black Circle of Magic. You can suggest any you'd like to see if you are at all curious, and I'll do my best to write up their ultimate fate.

In addition, if anyone has any questions or uncertainties, this is the time to receive ultimate clarification.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:41:07 am by Harry Baldman »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Preparing an Epilogue
« Reply #10754 on: January 08, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »

Perhaps Samucane's cane golem (the one he made just before he died) could go on a quest to rescue its master?
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719