Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 517412 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - An Undead Adventure! (accepting players!)
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 12:17:52 pm »

Samuel will give a skeletal bow to his master, and point to his empty hand, grasping and opening it, signaling that he'd appreciate a simple weapon. Whether one is given or not, he'll head to the inn, and observe from the shadows, for who goes in or out. Wait for a man who looks very drunk to stumble out, and when he walks away from the light and safety of the tavern, snap his neck. Or something. Loot everything he has, too.

Woo-hoo! Skeleton time!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:06:33 pm by Caerwyn »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 12:38:36 pm »

James will ask if there are any, *ahem* 'refreshments' and why must we not harm the girl?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Prologue
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »

Samuel will give a skeletal bow to his master, and point to his empty hand, grasping and opening it, signaling that he'd appreciate a simple weapon. Whether one is given or not, he'll head to the inn, and observe from the shadows, for who goes in or out.

Woo-hoo! Skeleton time!

James will ask if there are any, *ahem* 'refreshments' and why must we not harm the girl?

"Okay, if I need to spell it out to you, I do not want you to harm the girl BECAUSE I WANT TO GET UNDER HER SKIRT. Is that so wrong?"

He then looks at the begging skeleton in front of him. The necromancer seemingly gets the gist of what Samuel is trying to convey, but the finer details still elude him.

"What do you want? A handout? Go out and get your own stuff, why don't you! And you," he says, pointing at James, "get your own damn refreshments! Find somebody on the road and bleed them or something, just don't bring them here!"

((I've added an inventory and character list to the second post and the second part of the prologue.))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:00:55 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 01:00:09 pm »

"Should we go for a stealthy approach or a more combat orientated one, also are you planning to ever un-bind us, i was planning to have some free will for the better part of the century."
Try to beter understand this spell.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 01:04:07 pm »

"Thank you, good sir. If you will excuse me, I shall be off to find something more effective than these dreadful claws."

Take the man's advice and exit to the nearest empty road, searching for someone to attack and rob.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 01:06:25 pm »

Glare at the necromancer before stalking off towards the inn.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 01:15:03 pm »

"Should we go for a stealthy approach or a more combat orientated one, also are you planning to ever un-bind us, i was planning to have some free will for the better part of the century."
Try to beter understand this spell.

[Intelligence: 2+1=3]

Being a man of science, you are not an expert on occult rituals for binding the undead. It does seem to work pretty well, though!

"Now why would I want to unbind you? Seriously, guys, this setup is perfect for me. I give an instruction, you work your talents, I benefit at no cost whatsoever! Really, I can see no flaw here. By the way, don't kill yourself, guys. Consider that an order."

All six of the minions feel a slight wave of magic resound in their minds.

"Thank you, good sir. If you will excuse me, I shall be off to find something more effective than these dreadful claws."

Take the man's advice and exit to the nearest empty road, searching for someone to attack and rob.

The necromancer briefly takes a look at Jordan.

"Finally, some manners. See, you should take cues from Spiky Head here. He knows what the deal is!"

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:18:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »

"Also what time is it, you know how it is with vampism bit of a pain."
Head out.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 01:27:46 pm »

"Also what time is it, you know how it is with vampism bit of a pain."
Head out.

"It just got dark. No need to worry about getting a tan any time soon, sunshine. Now go on, get!"

((Remember, people: talking is a free action. Thus, if you wish to get an answer to a question, you just ask it in addition to an action. The turns will only be posted when everyone comes up with an action (not just a question). Questions can and will be answered outside of the turn structure. The same could potentially go for simple thinking actions (not, say, coming up with an entire plan, but, for instance, just trying to figure out a single problem, like figuring out where you put the keys).))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:36:42 pm by Harry Baldman »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »

WOULD BE NICE IF SKELETONS COULD TALK

Or communicate with their necromancer-master through telepathy or something.

Oh well. There goes my dreams of being a badass skeleton butler...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - An Undead Adventure!
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 01:39:55 pm »

WOULD BE NICE IF SKELETONS COULD TALK

Or communicate with their necromancer-master through telepathy or something.

Oh well. There goes my dreams of being a badass skeleton butler...

((If there's anything tabletop gaming can teach us, it's that with enough character progression, anything is possible!))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »

Try to understand and translate Skellies' sign language for the necromancer

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 01:48:55 pm »

Try to understand and translate Skellies' sign language for the necromancer

You figure that skeletons, being all quiet and mysterious, must have some kind of secret they're holding back. Perhaps some kind of... secret language?

[Intelligence: ?+1=?]

You observe the sociable one and the freakish one for a short while. You believe you see some kind of pattern emerging... yes, that's it! You have it! The skeleton language is within the grasp of your impressive vampire intellect! You believe you could translate Skeleton to Humanspeak pretty accurately right now.

You run up to the necromancer and explain your findings. He listens attentively, then strokes his chin thoughtfully for a second.

"I may have been a bit rough on you before, but damn, you sure have a head on your shoulders! I guess vampires are good for something after all. Now we can all communicate easily! Hell, you can have this neat blood sample I extracted from my sister a short while ago!"

He hands you a vial of his sister's blood. Five Gods know what he was going to use it for.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:54:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »

Try to translate Humanspeak to Skeleton. Ask the sociable one if I can translate anything for him

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »

H-uh-er...Am I the sociable one? Of course I'd accept, and gladly. Not much that Samuel has to say right now though, asides from

Do we have a limited amount of time to kill this man?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 719