Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519090 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - An Undead Adventure!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »

Try to translate Humanspeak to Skeleton. Ask the sociable one if I can translate anything for him

Having a comprehensive grasp of both languages, you can easily translate words, terms and sentences both ways. You walk up to the sociable skeleton and ask him in Skeleton how awesome that is. He replies that it is totally awesome, and radical, to boot.

H-uh-er...Am I the sociable one? Of course I'd accept, and gladly. Not much that Samuel has to say right now though, asides from

Do we have a limited amount of time to kill this man?

James runs back and translates what Samuel is trying to say to the necromancer.

"What? No, what gave you that idea? Don't be silly."

He relays this information back to Samuel.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:19:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »

Then, I guess we have time to find some arms and armor. I'm off to play Mountain Blade until the second turn, plus I'll revise my current turn.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 02:06:11 pm »

"Why in the limited amount of hells do you have a vial of your sisters blood ?!?."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 02:12:49 pm »

"Why in the limited amount of hells do you have a vial of your sisters blood ?!?."

"Hey, don't judge me, you filthy parasite. You have NO IDEA how many necromantic rituals require blood sacrifices. I swear, that stuff is like ambrosia for Velusius. You know, the death god. Second of the Five? Anyway, blood sacrifices are a necromancer's bread and butter. It's great that I have a regular source nearby, you know. On that topic, touch her and you die, my oversized mosquito friend. I have to keep a monopoly going, you realize."
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:15:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 02:58:55 pm »

"Wouldn't it be better if you didn't risk the death or infection of your sister and just kidnapped some hobos, then you get undead minions and blood."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:48 pm »

"I have a question - why aren't you doing this yourself? A simple murder shouldn't be a problem for a mage. Is it that you're a coward, or are you just looking for the least honorable way to settle things?"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:22:14 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 03:21:07 pm »

"I have a question - why aren't you doing this yourself? A simple murder shouldn't be a problem for a mage. Is it that you're a coward, or are you just looking for the least honorable way to settle your squabble?"

You're going to die!

Er...Uh...

Klaklak clacka clickity click

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 03:28:00 pm »

"Wouldn't it be better if you didn't risk the death or infection of your sister and just kidnapped some hobos, then you get undead minions and blood."

"Vagrants aren't known to possess the blood of virgins, if you know what I'm saying here. Besides, capturing people is far more difficult than it may seem, particularly to one of my own physical abilities. Which brings me to my next point..."

"I have a question - why aren't you doing this yourself? A simple murder shouldn't be a problem for a mage. Is it that you're a coward, or are you just looking for the least honorable way to settle your squabble?"

"Why would I do this myself? I have you to take care of that for me, with no additional effort required on my part, allowing me to get rid of such... nuisances as Skip, for that is what he is, no more, without worry. Besides, murder is such a crude task, unsuitable for men of skill like myself. Better to leave such trifles to tools such as yourselves. After all," he says, pointing to the holes in your abdomen, "bravery is your forte."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

"It is obviously not below you to murder, or else you would have used a less lethal spell to bind us. Or is killing a tool not murder?" Philip sighed. "But I probably shouldn't argue with you. Whatever the case, it seems like I have little choice but to do your dirty work. If we're going after this guy, shouldn't we know a bit more about his abilities? Is he a 'great' mage such as yourself?"

((Murder is a crude task, but bloodletting your sister isn't?))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:46:19 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »

"Ohhh Virgin blood, yeah that makes more sense, 'k I'm gonna go now by."
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 01:36:45 am »

"It is obviously not below you to murder, or else you would have used a less lethal spell to bind us. Or is killing a tool not murder?" Philip sighed. "But I probably shouldn't argue with you. Whatever the case, it seems like I have little choice but to do your dirty work. If we're going after this guy, shouldn't we know a bit more about his abilities? Is he a 'great' mage such as yourself?"

((Murder is a crude task, but bloodletting your sister isn't?))

"Of course killing a tool is not murder, since a tool does not truly live. Next you'll be saying that servi need to be treated like our equals. Completely ridiculous."
"But, back on point, Skip obviously is nowhere near as good as yours truly, but you should watch out for certain spells of his. He knows how to mess with your mind. Plus, there'll be, like, ten other people with him at least, the place being an inn."

((Hey, bloodletting is a task that requires skill, finesse and a license, too. After all, it is supposed to be a method of medical treatment.))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:40:11 am by Harry Baldman »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 04:43:15 am »

((I'm thinking of shifting to an entirely turnless structure for this RTD. Would make me able to reply much faster to all of your actions and we wouldn't get held up in any way whatsoever. Anybody got objections to that?))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:07:45 am by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2012, 05:10:10 am »

Yeah that would work.
So how are you today?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2012, 09:54:27 am »

I don't really like not having a set schedule, but if it makes things easier for you, go for it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2012, 10:53:42 am »

I don't really like not having a set schedule, but if it makes things easier for you, go for it.

Actually, it might let me keep a schedule better, letting me reply even if a fewer number of players have posted actions. Plus, it'll simplify turn formatting and generally keep things moving.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:56:00 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 719