Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 517414 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6210 on: July 29, 2013, 01:22:06 am »

"Alright then."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: July 29, 2013, 02:09:05 am »

Aye, you staying for the party? I did promise you a share of the booze.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: July 29, 2013, 07:55:02 am »

In the crew quarters of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund takes a moment to voice this suspicion he has to Kevin.

"Erin was at the den, and knowing Morton, he must be talking with her. He is quite talkative to be a butler, in fact."

"Alright then," the jester answers, and they both head down to the den, where they confirm that both Erin and Morton are indeed still there. How wonderful. Morton seems to be talking to her.

"I'd be willing to help perhaps talk Master Artiste into allowing Chef Niklas at least those, for what the help would be worth. Perhaps we can reason with him, yes? I agree that the punishment is harsh, if we allow Master Artiste to regain his composure from the decision, then he may be allowing for revision."

"Well, if ya back me up, I'll go and ask him. Shall we?"

They look to be plotting something. Something related to their favorite chef, it seems.

Speaking of our favorite chef, Niklas keeps on trying to work with the meditative state he is in. He shall drop his choppety-chopping tool, the noble cleaver, and revel in the nothingness!

[Meditation roll: 1]

Wait, how can he drop himself? He doesn't have any hands. Or a way to lose himself properly. After all, he kinda knows where he is at any given time. Sorta.

And what just poked him? Damn it, you shouldn't poke chairs without warning! Honestly, this meditation junk is getting infuriating. He knows he isn't a cleaver. He doesn't even know what being a cleaver might feel like, and all this roleplaying is driving him nuts here!

In Karina's home...

Darren frowns at the insinuation that he wouldn't be a supreme archmage if only he had been sent to the University of Magic in a timely fashion. Then he thinks about it for a moment and the pessimism that prevented him from being sent to study magery in the first place sets in.

"Well... yeah."

Something does occur to him. He leans toward Karina once more.

"What do you mean know it now? You met a magician before?"

Karina hesitates a little, but relents and begins to explain.

"Not a magician, a mage. I've known a few, though not very well. Well, aside from... this guy. My ex-fiance. He did life magic, and he was sorta good at it, but..."

She stops mid-sentence, a bit distressed by the subject.

"Listen, I'd really rather not talk about him. It was a bit of a traumatizing experience."

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott decides to extend a veiled invitation to Humongous Hugh.

"Aye, you staying for the party? I did promise you a share of the booze."

"Dreadfully sorry, but I realize I really can't. I remembered I have an engagement this evening, and I prefer to do my work sober."

He thinks for a moment, then fetches a bottle from one of his oversized pockets.

"I will take a bottle of that Special, though. Helps in my line of work more than a pair of broken legs and repeated defenestration sometimes," he continues, opening the barrel of vile pseudo-beer and filling the bottle with the liquid. The air fills with the stench of the brew, and the smell of dead fish and salty air mix with the affront to human decency rather well.

"Anyhow, pleasure doing business, and pleasure meeting your fellows, but I really must go. See you!"

And with that, he leaves.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark, realizing his chances of escape are slim, submits and follows the sergeant to his lawful place of imprisonment, taking notes on the environment as he does. He eventually comes to a rather fortified stone building. He is led inside, completely disarmed and relieved of his possessions by helpful officers, and shooed into a cell which is immediately locked.

"Now, you just wait there while you are processed. Might take a while, so you may have some literature for your trouble," the sergeant explains from outside the cell. "Any requests? We have several cheap romance novels on hand."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:17:22 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:35 am »

Mark just follows the man to where every he gets taken
I also watch the landscape so I get back later.

??? mate did you mean to hide the action
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: July 29, 2013, 08:16:30 am »

"Hey Mort. It's me, Kevin."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: July 29, 2013, 08:17:49 am »

??? mate did you mean to hide the action

Naw. Just missed it accidentally. Fixed now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: July 29, 2013, 08:25:43 am »

Sigmnd added to Kevin's sentence:

-Indeed, look who is back and totally renewed.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: July 29, 2013, 08:46:52 am »

Mark ignores the man and looks for any weaknesses in the cell that the living/non-metal couldn't exploit
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:09:13 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: July 29, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

Set the barrels up for easy access and tapping.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: July 29, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »

"Of course, good Mage Erin, I would support and aid your request with Master Artiste, he seems a reasonable person to me." Morton replied to the mage before turning to the other two who arrived, recognizing one but not the other. At least until the unfamiliar one spoke up, revealing his identity. "Ah, good Jester Kevin, you're back with us and okay! I was dreadfully worried when you didn't reappear from the realm, not sure what happened to you, but it seems it all worked out for the better yes? And you can speak, truly wonderful! I'd be interested in knowing what happened, as with everyone who went through you were the one who was gone the longest it seems." After a moment though, Morton remembered what he and Erin was about to do just moments ago, almost forgetting it with seeing Kevin back. "Ah, but I'm dreadfully sorry, but that might have to wait until a touch later however. Good Mage Erin and I are about to try to appeal to Master Artiste to allow Niklas a more lenient punishment, a return of some of his senses."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: July 29, 2013, 12:52:47 pm »

"Don't worry, it's not a particularly long story."
"I jumped in and some beige thingie talked to me and made me into this form. It tought I was a cat or something. After that I was dropped in a forest somewhere near Emlocke. I found a cabin with some herbalist guy that pointed me to the road, and then I ran here on good luck. That's pretty much it."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: July 29, 2013, 01:04:37 pm »

Niklas emitted a squeak of rage! Vörbukdammit he wanted to be able to do the make thoughts real thing!

With that in mind, he just attempts to empty his mind. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: July 29, 2013, 01:11:48 pm »

"All the way by Emlocke? Oh my, that was quite a ways. Curious that you were the only one to get moved that far however, good Tailor Craig might be interesting in hearing this as well, it might perhaps help him. Are you liking your new form, good Jester Kevin?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: July 29, 2013, 01:56:59 pm »

"Yeah, it's pretty cool. Flamboyant enough for a jester, and certainly better than that... Freak Treehead made me into. I wonder where he's hanging out. Either way, I'll go visit the Tailor guy, then. Do you know where he is?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: July 29, 2013, 02:10:24 pm »

The desk thought for a moment. "I'm not quite sure, good Jester Kevin. I know he isn't on deck, nor in the den, so if I were to guess he might be in the crews quarter, or perhaps talking with the good Sir Captain, maybe Master Artiste. Although that all assumes that he's still on deck, but good Tailor Craig did seem interested in joining our trip so I believe he's to be on the ship. I can't rightly say I'm afraid, dreadfully sorry."
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 719