Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 518313 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6240 on: July 30, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »

No hard feelings. I know how arduous it can be to get everything set up and worked out.  :)

"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: July 30, 2013, 01:35:57 pm »

No hard feelings. I know how arduous it can be to get everything set up and worked out.  :)

It's not arduous to get everything set up, it's just that most people are in the same place, so I inevitably skip over the one or two people that aren't and also aren't Spinal, who is far enough removed to easily remember and mark out.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: July 30, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »

((Luckily, Harry only misses petty actions (mainly because it would be almost impossible to forget the weirder ones)))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: July 30, 2013, 04:40:43 pm »

In the den of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas tries to get all his questions out of the way now, hopefully preventing them from cropping up ever again.

"But how can I escape and regain my dignity if I don't do this correctly?! You said I have to empty my mind. Do I have a mind? I'm a chair. Do chairs have minds? Don't want to be a chair. Pretend I'm a vase. Water in vase is mind. Pour out water makes mind empty. I'll do that. Yes."

"I'll be waiting, then! Hopefully we can get this done before nightfall, I have other tasks to attend to as well."

[Meditation roll: 3]

He pours out the water of his mind! This lets him calm down a little, though all the sediments of frivolous, foolish and fiery thought remain in place and continue to bother him with their dirtiness. Really, somebody should clean up around his mind a little, it's so cluttered with random emotions and such.

Sigmund, meanwhile, tries to help out Erin and Morton, and makes his intentions very plain.

"Well, I'll help you," he says, moving into position to lift up the comfy armchair that is Niklas and eagerly awaiting help.

"Whatcha doin'? We'll come back here, we're just going off to ask permission and whatnot."

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin asks the Captain for some info, as he seems fairly knowledgeable in general, particularly if you consider his general layabout behavior.

"Hey, Cap. I'm looking for the tailor guy. Do you know where he is?"

"TRY SOMEWHERE INTERESTING! Like the DEN! Or the CAPTAIN'S QUARTERS! At least, I THINK those are SENSIBLE AREAS for THEM TO BE IN!" the ghost proclaims in response.

In a jail cell in Shriekpot...

Mark expressively shakes his tree at the sergeant.

"Very well, then! I'll be down the hall - bang your fists against the door if you need anything, sir," he answers, heading down the cell block. Mark hears a door open, but not close. He also becomes keenly aware of the fact that he seems to be the only prisoner in this jail.

Hm. Maybe it's also in a state of disrepair? Mark looks over the wall, but finds no obvious cracks or loose blocks to exploit. The external wall looks solid, as do the other two walls.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, having set up a perfectly good station for dispensing the vilest pseudo-ale in Shriekpot in his time on deck, looks for somebody to avail of his booze-related gifts, whether they like it or not. Finding none on deck, he heads into the crew quarters, encountering Art. He approaches the man.

"What's going on, buddy? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Come with me right now, or this might get ugly," Scott explains.

"Well, if you put it that way, okay," the necromancer replies. "Is this going to be hazardous?"

"Perhaps. We shall see."

Scott, being mysterious as ever, brings Art over to one of the barrels of the Special.

"Drink this," he says to the man. However, Art makes the mistake of inhaling deeply while standing downwind of the barrel. He retches mildly, taking a few steps back.

"How about no?" Art asks. Scott, meanwhile, considers how best to force him to have some. Dunk him? Dupe him? Restrain him and pour some down his throat? All of these in some proportion?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: July 30, 2013, 04:42:25 pm »

Niklas now envisions the butler guy coming and cleaning out the sediments of all emotion and such with his feather duster, leaving his mind empty!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: July 30, 2013, 05:10:43 pm »

((I hope Scott doesn't end up killing the other necromancer))

Sigmund quickly stood up and said:

-Oh, excuse me. So, we should go then. Any ideas about the whereabouts of our master?

Sigmund goes to wherever he is suggested to go to, or goes to the kitchen to look for the Artiste

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: July 30, 2013, 05:37:00 pm »

"Unfortunately that is the perplexing part of the brew, the vapour is one of the deadliest poisons, but the drink can cure all known ailments. The book I got the recipe from some years ago cost my husband quite a few sacks of gold, but he never regretted the purchase. For as you well know, many poisons can be found in the flesh and talons of undead."

Scott will fill a glass and hand it to the 'stricken' necromancer.

((I just want to see what a magic user can do whilst drunk))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:39:44 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: July 30, 2013, 05:52:06 pm »

[Sorry for missing the moment, power was off till about an hour ago. Damn storms.]

"Indeed, no reason to do further work yes? I don't believe Chef Niklas will be going anywhere anytime soon in his current disposition. I'm ready if you are, good Mage Erin. I'm not sure where Master Artiste is however, I'd guess his room perhaps?" The desk suggested before turning, turning in this case being gesturing towards instead of physically pivoting, towards Sigmund. "I do thank you for your offered help, good Sir Sigmund, with the three of us I believe Master Artiste will surely listen to reason."

Morton is ready to follow Erin to wherever Master Artiste is, if she knows.

[^ The answer is horrible things man should not know. That way lies Owlbears.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: July 30, 2013, 05:54:23 pm »

((So, are you going to make a mage that can control your soul get drunk? Nice idea. I'll far away if that happens. God, nobody offer that stuff to the Artiste, please))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: July 30, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »

Darren thought for a moment for a cute little anecdote about his family, or a joke, or really, anything to lighten the mood. But he drew a blank. Given an opportunity to lie and make up a story of how he saved his brother, he nearly took it, but at that moment, he realized something that he had failed to recognize. This was a chance to turn over a new leaf, and to live a new life, almost literally.

"Ah, yeah... There's an issue with that. I really can't remember precisely what my family was like."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: July 31, 2013, 03:22:47 am »

"Alright, I'll head there"

To the captain's quarters!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: July 31, 2013, 05:54:12 am »

Niklas, hoping to finally improve his rather terrible meditation experience, envisions that helpful butler guy coming along and cleaning up in that awful mess he calls a mind with a feather duster.

[Meditation roll: 2]

Sadly, he cannot think of a single reasonable way a feather duster could possibly help with cleaning up unfortunate sedimentation. As such, the butler is utterly confused and leaves momentarily. Damn it all!

Sigmund, realizing his error, relents from his furniture-hauling intentions and asks where the hell he's supposed to be going, anyway.

"Oh, excuse me. So, we should go then. Any ideas about the whereabouts of our master?"

"Indeed, no reason to do further work, yes? I don't believe Chef Niklas will be going anywhere anytime soon in his current disposition. I'm ready if you are, good Mage Erin. I'm not sure where Master Artiste is however, I'd guess his room perhaps? I do thank you for your offered help, good Sir Sigmund, with the three of us I believe Master Artiste will surely listen to reason." Morton adds.

Erin, meanwhile, considers the question.

"Well, I've been feelin' unusually secure lately - that means the tailor guy's not nearby. Maybe topside someplace?" she says, then heads off to the deck. Morton and Sigmund follow along, supposing her sense of direction and navigation is as good as any. Getting out on the deck, they are struck by an unusual stench, which seems to be coming from a barrel of what Sigmund recognizes as the Special. Oh dear. And Art seems to be in the middle of getting persuaded to drink from it.

"Looks like the big guy ain't here. Captain's quarters, then," Erin says, mostly unfazed by the sight and smell of the area. She heads up the small stairs to the captain's quarters, from which the sound of friendly conversation emanates. Erin cautiously opens the door.

Ah, looks like the Artiste is telling Tailor Craig something.

"-and you see, while I'm not sure what exactly this navigational tool might be used for, I am quite confident that it is utilized for navigation."

"Makes sense, I suppose."

"Uh, excuse me, but can I talk to ya, boss?"

"Not now, Erin. In a couple of minutes."

"Well, okay," Erin says, shutting the door. "He said to wait a couple minutes," she tells Sigmund and Morton. Just then, Kevin also arrives, walking up to the door to the captain's quarters as the first party loaf around for the moment. When Kevin knocks on the door, he is also met with the same reaction from the Artiste, and promptly joins the waiting people.

Luckily, they are provided with some entertainment in this time as they watch Scott's attempts to make Art drink some of that Special.

"Unfortunately that is the perplexing part of the brew, the vapor is one of the deadliest poisons, but the drink can cure all known ailments. The book I got the recipe from some years ago cost my husband quite a few sacks of gold, but he never regretted the purchase. For as you well know, many poisons can be found in the flesh and talons of undead," he boldly and blatantly fabricates on the spot, utterly failing to produce a glass from nowhere.

Art looks at Scott with a critical eye.

"I suppose I could try it. After all, you wouldn't try to kill me, would you? You're kind of bound to avoid that. On purpose, anyway."

He walks up to the barrel, covering up his face with a sleeve, his eyes watering a little as he takes out a rather exquisite metal mug from his robe, with the word "LINDENBERG" engraved on it. He fills it with the brew, then starts drinking.

[Art endurance roll: 6]

His eyes widen as he swallows the stuff. After a moment, he shrugs.

"It doesn't taste as bad as it smells, to be honest. How could it, really?"

He takes a moment to confirm his olfactory judgment.

"This stuff reminds me of something, actually," he says, taking another swig. "In a good way, too."

The necromancer chugs down the entire contents of the mug, then refills it.

"Pretty good. I can barely smell the booze anymore. Not very alcoholic, though. I normally prefer grain alcohol, though this is a rather welcome difference. Thanks, buddy," he says, sitting down on one of the non-booze barrels on deck and quietly enjoying his drink. Scott wagers he's a few people short of a proper party, but upon looking around he notices that there appear to be several potential volunteers around, most notably the transmuter.

In Karina's home...

Darren, ever the optimist, does not lament the severe memory loss he seems to be experiencing. Amnesia is the best way to reinvent oneself, after all.

"Ah, yeah... there's an issue with that. I really can't remember precisely what my family was like."

"That is worrying. I mean, to forget your own family. And the strangest thing is, I kind of can't remember mine, either. I sort of recall a face here, a memory there, but the bulk of it is kinda gone for some reason."

She taps her finger against her chin.

"Bit weird, isn't it?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: July 31, 2013, 08:02:32 am »

Sigmund talked to Scott:

-So, that huge man roaming inside the ship was helping you to get some barrels of the special? Well, at least it's cheap.

Hen then turned to Erin:

-While we wait for our master, would you mind tellling me what makes this rubber material so special?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: July 31, 2013, 10:18:34 am »

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:41 am »

"I hope the master doesn't convince the tailor guy to eat his own arm or something like that."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 719