Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 513543 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7035 on: September 22, 2013, 06:49:57 pm »

((I suggest guerrilla tactics against the guards, just in case))
((I'll try to bluff my way through them at first.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: September 22, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »

[Wait, why is Niklas assaulting the guards again? I thought it was to break you guys out, but it seems you'll be let out soon anyhow.  Or is it a preemptive strike against the guards?]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: September 22, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »

((I have just remembered something: chair magic will probably allow you to fly.))
((Hence why I'm getting these spiked ones. I will be a spiky cannonchair.))
Sig
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: September 22, 2013, 08:17:50 pm »

[Wait, why is Niklas assaulting the guards again? I thought it was to break you guys out, but it seems you'll be let out soon anyhow.  Or is it a preemptive strike against the guards?]
((They're assuming I will because I'm a loyal comapnion or something. The likely situation is that I'll end up collecting a bounty for the Artiste or something.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: September 22, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »

((A preemptive strike, maybe not. But once he gets chased continuously, he will need to fight. And the best way to weaken them is sporadic attacks.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: September 23, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »

At the Personal Loans department of De Jong and Associates...

Niklas approaches the man at the window, looking at him expectantly.

"Hello! Got a voucher, my friend? I can't help you without a voucher, you see."

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott brings up a purely hypothetical scenario up for the Captain to consider.

"Then, if I told you that the city guard may be moving on the Artiste and co., possibly in a way that may endanger your ship... how would you act when confronted?"

"I would GENTLY EXPLAIN that they CONDUCT THEMSELVES in a FULLY CIVILIZED MANNER! I would expect NOTHING LESS from OFFICERS OF THE LAW, yes? I'm sure they and the ARTISTE FELLOW could HASH SOMETHING OUT given half the CHANCE!"

In an interrogation room...

Sigmund tries to deflect yet more of the blame from himself.

"No, I had nothing to do with all the killing. Actually, I tried to create a distraction so that nobody had to die and ended up setting myself on fire. And, when you arrived, I tried to not get stabbed, which proved to be unsuccessful."

"So you're not so much malicious as you are grossly incompetent and negligent is what you're saying here?"

In the lobby of the guard HQ of Shriekpot...

Kevin has a question that may decide his immediate future to ask of the guards.

"Is telling bad jokes a crime?"

The dissector man gives him a lingering look that fills Kevin with an inexplicable dread.

"Yes."

He then returns to his conversation with the reception guy, speaking as normal.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton continues his attempts to get the ship to admit some measure of humanity.

~Well, yes, that certainly is a route, but I was more meaning mentally, or perhaps emotionally, or personality or something. I wasn't meaning becoming physically more than what you are, becoming more, growing. You say you're not a person, do you think you ever can be? Are you indeed telling me that you can never derive something that is from yourself? A want, something you perhaps yearn for that isn't the task you were given from your creation? A dream? I just find it hard to believe that, from talking to you, that you lack these things.~

~I do not grow. I exist. I exist to fulfill my tasks and to bring profit, and I have no desires aside from the continuation of this endeavor. I can convey to you a great number of ambitions, but they are not of my devising or the path I am to seek. They are merely the ambitions of others, gleaned from their minds, obtained to facilitate understanding and improvement of conversation, or at least the illusion of such a thing.~

~However, I must admit that one thing does make me quite curious. A particular thing that humans do. A feeling, I believe.~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: September 23, 2013, 02:04:32 pm »

Crouch down and show the guy the voucher.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: September 23, 2013, 02:11:37 pm »

A bit put off by the Cap's lack of bloodthirstiness, Scott shall go and check up on the Artiste....quietly if possible.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: September 23, 2013, 02:17:50 pm »

Sigmund sighed. He realized that he hadn't done anything competent since he was exiled. His whole existence since that moment was only destined to be someone's puppet, and he was an utter failure at that. The recent memories about how he had been mauled repeatedly assaulted him. All what he had been meant absolutely nothing now, he had descend to the lowest possible type of scum. In middle of these of these thoguhts, he realized that Carlson was still waiting for an answer.

He, with an effort that would have been much greater some time ago, said:

-Y-yes, sir.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: September 23, 2013, 05:44:12 pm »

Morton, in all honesty, can't quite figure the ship. One moment it states it's nothing but a ship, but claims to have its own curiosities. But the desk recognizes what could be both a potential lead in, either for a diatribe from the ship or at least some angle to work from. ~I certainly hope I can help then, I'm quite sure I have a better understanding of that than of geography at least.~

Morton attempts a joke at his own expense as he recalls how he would of skipped out on geography classes to instead sneak into more cooking or brewing classes. Ah, butler school, what an interesting time that was. An interesting, entirely made up time but it was an amusing fantasy none the less.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: September 23, 2013, 06:36:06 pm »

Darren suddenly realizes something and the knowledge hits him like a ton of bricks. He looks at the guard inquisitively.
"You're here to keep what's in there inside, aren't you? Not to keep me out."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: September 24, 2013, 08:59:56 am »

"I'll just make a good one, then."
Do as I just said.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: September 24, 2013, 01:04:56 pm »

At the Personal Loans department of De Jong and Associates...

Niklas produces the voucher in a manner of speaking - he crouches down, allowing the guy at the window to grab it handily.

"Ah, there we go. Two gold, three silver, eh?"

The guy opens up a small box at the wall, fetching five coins out of it and placing them on Niklas' top cushion.

"Don't go spending it all in one place," he says with a smile. "Have a nice day, the door's over there," he adds in a moment, pointing at a rather large double door right next to him.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, rather disappointed with how unwilling the Captain is to tear people limb from limb even though he probably could without issue, looks for the Artiste.

He finds the guy to be still asleep below decks, lying face-down on the bed inside his room.

In an interrogation room...

Sigmund, as hurtful as he finds the remark addressed to him, can't help but grudgingly agree with it. He truly is terrible at all this, and now it's cost him all his stuff and an arm.

"Y-yes, sir."

Carlson raises an eyebrow, then shrugs.

"Hm. I guess that's about all I wanted to ask you, then. You're free to go then, I suppose. Come with me."

He gets up from his seated position and pulls Sigmund up as well, taking him quickly back to the lobby, where they both notice Kevin lying on the floor and trying to tell a joke from the looks of it.

[Kevin goofing off roll: 3+1-1]

It's not that good of a joke. It's more of a pun, really, and one can't help but wonder if it doesn't actually rhyme better in some other, as of yet undetermined language.

"What's all this, then? Wasn't that guy dead?"

"I was as disappointed as you, trust me. Mind taking him off my hands?"

"I was hoping that I could wrap up my shift already... sigh. All right."

"Great. I'll go clean up the morgue, then."

And with that, the amputation man heads back into the depths of the building.

"Right, so, Sigmund, door's over there, so head on out already. If we need you, we'll find you, so no need to worry."

"Excuse me, if you will, but do you still require the tree-headed creature? It is separated of all its limbs, and its property confiscated, though we will return both along with the main body, according to the judgment prescribed."

"Oh, that thing. It's been pretty quiet, right?"

"Attempted to break out once, was dismembered for its trouble."

"Hm. Well, I don't really care. What I do care about is this guy right here," Carlson says, pointing at Kevin. "Got a name, or can I just call you Bouncy?"

On the deck of a telepathic ship...

Morton is having trouble following the ship's patterns of behavior, but responds positively nonetheless.

~I certainly hope I can help then, I'm quite sure I have a better understanding of that than of geography at least.~

~I am interested in pride. Pride in one's work. And also envy. Tell me more about both of these things.~

At the engineers' gate of the City of the Dead...

Darren realizes something about the gibbon, the sneaky bastard and its true/false/ignorant answers.

"You're here to keep what's in there inside, aren't you? Not to keep me out."

The gibbon shakes its head vigorously.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: September 24, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »

"I am the former High Jester of many Barons and Counts, one of the few to be requested to cheer up a King!", Kevin said with a deep, loud voice.

"Sadly, said king was an old grumpy man and he did not apreciate my jokes, so you can call me Kevin."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:20:53 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: September 24, 2013, 01:16:13 pm »

Sigmund just ignores Kevin in his depression and says to the bald man:

-Y-Yes. B-But I'm afraid that if it has been dismembered and can't move on its own, I won't be able to carry it.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 719