Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519306 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7050 on: September 24, 2013, 01:34:14 pm »

Niklas heads to the chair shoppe and requests the making of those two specialty chairs he ordered as well as one regular chair. He has enough money for them, if I remember correctly.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: September 24, 2013, 01:54:22 pm »

Scott will prepare a fried breakfast for the master, gathering the materials himself if he has to.

(Ahistorical you say? Scots were deep frying whole animals for centuries. So a fried breakfast can't be that much of a twist. :p)
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: September 24, 2013, 04:32:35 pm »

~Hm... Pride?~ Here Morton was thinking the ship was going to ask something cheesy, like out of those old novels he used to read.

~Hm... Well, pride is a broad concept that can range from good to bad. While it is good to be proud in one's work that they put in for the day, it is good to remember that there is always room for growth and understanding. You mention that you take a liking to your duty, and that you're quite proficient at it no? Does this not give you a sense of satisfaction whenever you complete a job, where everything lines up just right and things went smoothy, or perhaps things went badly yet still wound up ending alright? I suppose if I were to give a personal example, I like to believe that I'm rather proficient at making tea. It's something I've done for a good while, and I take a sense of pride in my ability when I see others enjoy it, or when I receive compliments on it.~ The desk explains.

~There are darker aspects of pride, if you wish me to go into them. Envy is more of a more-or-less negative aspect, to be quite utterly frank. That isn't to say one couldn't use it as motivation to better themselves, but it is a tricky path that may lead to ill ends, quite horrid ill ends. It is, in essence, to want what others have that you do not, or at least that you perceive you do not. If I were to give another personal example, ever since I was turned into my current form, I rather miss the ability to taste. I have pride in my ability at making tea, but I miss the ability to taste it myself. I see others enjoy it, which makes me happy, but in another instance I wish I could enjoy it as well.~

~I do dearly apologize for the length of the explanations, but they're rather complex subjects you see.~

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: September 24, 2013, 08:56:08 pm »

"So... If you are here to keep me out, why won't you kill, maim, descecrate, mutilate, you know, that list from earlier, me if I do try to go in there?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: September 25, 2013, 11:16:19 am »

In the lobby of the guard HQ...

Kevin introduces himself in as dramatic a fashion as he can manage.

"I am the former High Jester of many Barons and Counts, one of the few to be requested to cheer up a King!" he proclaims from the ground triumphantly,

"Sadly, said king was an old grumpy man and he did not appreciate my jokes, so you can call me Kevin," he immediately adds, deflating slightly.

"My, my, how the mighty have fallen. Come with me, will you?" Carlson says, picking Kevin up with his left arm and dragging him away. Several minutes later the dragging stops, at which point Kevin notices that he is inside of a small room.

"Right, several questions now! Firstly, who do you work for? Secondly, what's up with that Sigmund guy? Thirdly, what's with all the guard murder that was happening outside of the store?"

Man, those are all good questions, Kevin thinks.

Sigmund, meanwhile, is a tad put off by the rapid way Carlson drags off Kevin. He must be itching to complete his shift or something.

"Y-yes. B-but I'm afraid that if it has been dismembered and can't move on its own, I won't be able to carry it."

"We can give you a corpse bag to drag it and its possessions around in without fear of too much scuffing. Will that work?"

At the Personal Loans department of De Jong and Associates...

Niklas, having found out everything he needs, heads out the door.

Oddly enough, this lands him right back at the exterior of the bank. Right outside the door he came in through, actually. Shrugging, he makes his way back to the furniture place.

"I return. With money. Give me chairs, chair-man."

"5 gold and 3 silvers?"

"Right here," Niklas says, shaking out his six gold and three silvers in front of the man. "And a regular chair on top of that."

The guy picks up five gold and three silvers. They disappear from his hand immediately in a small white flash.

"Your orders will be ready within the hour. Now, about the regular chair. What would your requirements be? Basic, novelty? Basic chairs cost one silver, novelty ones cost more."

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, eager to help, goes about fixing up some much-deserved breakfast for his good master. Sadly, he finds there to be quite a dearth of materials in the kitchen, and he isn't sure he knows how to use all this junk in the kitchen to fry things.

Man, if only Niklas were here. Where did the bastard go, anyway?

On a telepathic ship...

Morton wonders how best to explain the emotions requested. Hm. He had been prepared to explain love, maybe, or something like that, but not pride, really.

~Hm... Pride? Hm... Well, pride is a broad concept that can range from good to bad. While it is good to be proud in one's work that they put in for the day, it is good to remember that there is always room for growth and understanding. You mention that you take a liking to your duty, and that you're quite proficient at it no? Does this not give you a sense of satisfaction whenever you complete a job, where everything lines up just right and things went smoothy, or perhaps things went badly yet still wound up ending alright? I suppose if I were to give a personal example, I like to believe that I'm rather proficient at making tea. It's something I've done for a good while, and I take a sense of pride in my ability when I see others enjoy it, or when I receive compliments on it.~

~There are darker aspects of pride, if you wish me to go into them. Envy is more of a more-or-less negative aspect, to be quite utterly frank. That isn't to say one couldn't use it as motivation to better themselves, but it is a tricky path that may lead to ill ends, quite horrid ill ends. It is, in essence, to want what others have that you do not, or at least that you perceive you do not. If I were to give another personal example, ever since I was turned into my current form, I rather miss the ability to taste. I have pride in my ability at making tea, but I miss the ability to taste it myself. I see others enjoy it, which makes me happy, but in another instance I wish I could enjoy it as well.~

~I do dearly apologize for the length of the explanations, but they're rather complex subjects you see.~

~Interesting. What about malice? Schadenfreude? Jealousy? Can you explain those?~

At the engineers' gate of the City of the Dead...

Darren questions the gibbon further, not quite sure whether he's sure what the deal is exactly anymore.

"So... if you are here to keep me out, why won't you kill, maim, desecrate, mutilate, you know, that list from earlier, me if I do try to go in there?"

The gibbon merely shrugs, grinning widely.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:59 am »

Ask the captain for tips, surely he knows his way around his own kitchen?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:23:10 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: September 25, 2013, 11:30:24 am »

"I work for some guy that calls himself the Artiste. Didn't pay much attention to his monologues, tough. Sigmund's a pretty cool guy, you can trust him to tell the truth."
Kevin sighed.
"As for the guard murder, it was more or less neccesary. We had to get some books, our master ordered us to do it, so we're pretty much soulbound to doing it. Besides, Niklas, the chair golem guy, did the biggest part of the effective killing."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: September 25, 2013, 11:33:24 am »

Sigmund said:

-Well, I guess that it will help.

Wait until I am given the bag and drag Mark to the ship. Allow him to poke his head out to help me navigate.

((Let's see what happens with Kevin now))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:44 am »

Sigmund said:

-Well, I guess that it will help.

Wait until I am given the bag and drag Mark to the ship. Allow him to poke his head out to help me navigate.

((Let's see what happens with Kevin now))
((They should give me back my limbs before I get chucked out they said so))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:50:47 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: September 25, 2013, 11:43:04 am »

(("Give back limbs" doesn't mean "attach them"))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: September 25, 2013, 11:51:34 am »

Then you can slot them back into place they werent ripped off
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:02 pm »

((Yooooooo! I'm surprised nobody has died. And I still need to catch up from where I left off.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: September 25, 2013, 12:50:29 pm »

If basic is the same size as my regular chairs, then basic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: September 25, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »

Then you can slot them back into place they werent ripped off
((They were cutted with tools. We need either Erin or a blacksmith))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: September 25, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »

[I thought they were just yanked off?

@Green: Several people came very close. I think the only one who hasn't almost died is Morton now. And Mark, come to think of it, at least in this chapter. Not sure about the previous.]

Morton keeps on the explanations because why not? He's curious to see if these are just questions or if they're going to tie into something later. They all seem to be rather negative emotions, perhaps this is simply the longstanding prelude to that supposed diatribe? ~Malice... Malice is another negative thing, more so than the others. It is to do evil, or at least knowingly harmful and... Well malicious things to another. Perhaps it could be for personal gain, perhaps it is simply just because one likes to see the other suffer. It is a rather dreadful thing truth be told, I'm rather glad I only know few who are like that and hope to not know anymore frankly.~

~Schadenfreude... Schadenfreude...~ Morton paused as he tried to remember what this word meant. Hm... Ah yes, right, now he remembers. Been a while since he's heard that word again, most people tend to stick to the more linguistically simple. ~Schadenfreude is to simply take pleasure, or perhaps humor, in another person's pain or misery. I believe it to be the basis of this slap stick comedy that's been going on. There's not really much else to say about it.~

~Jealousy is similar to envy in that you wish what another has to be yours instead of theirs, I believe. I often hear them used rather interchangeably. However it does have additional meaning that envy lacks in that it could be that one 'jealously' guards that which is theirs, to instead not want another to have it. One doesn't often hear the word used like such however.~
Morton explained.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 719