Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519647 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7065 on: September 25, 2013, 06:28:03 pm »

((Niklas technically didn't almost die, but he was very likely to at that point where he was an insane singing head attached to a catfish.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: September 25, 2013, 06:29:40 pm »

[I put people under 'almost died' if they had to have a will save. I think you did when you were just a head, but Mark saved you right quickly. Really Mark's been pretty bro during this game, patching people up the moment they get hurt and stuff. Well, patching people up in his own special way.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: September 25, 2013, 07:22:14 pm »

((I look after my teammates and last chapter I replaced someones entire body heaps of times as well as making him a her and making a dress out of a flying octopus and giving him bone wings.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: September 25, 2013, 07:59:57 pm »

[Now that people are made of weird stuff, you'll be the smartest alternative to turn to. Well, everyone but Morton since he's technically made of wood. And Niklas, because he's made of chairs. But I think Niklas can get Erin to help, but Morton not so much. I guess I should just be careful then, but then again Morton isn't really the 'rush off into combat!' kind of character.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: September 25, 2013, 08:09:20 pm »

((I have been the go to guy for healing for a while I just got a bad rep for making one of my three victims a monster.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: September 25, 2013, 08:16:00 pm »

((I don't mind; it indirectly caused my ascendency into chairdom.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: September 25, 2013, 08:37:57 pm »

[I wonder if you can teach Morton that kind of stuff. Except I suppose it would be desk magic. ...Or knowing him, tea magic.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: September 25, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »

((that has given me an idea

teach Niklas my skills at !!MEDICINE!! nothing can go wrong))
My Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:16 pm »

"So... Whatever's in there is going to kill me for you?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: September 25, 2013, 11:21:55 pm »

((that has given me an idea

teach Niklas my skills at !!MEDICINE!! nothing can go wrong))
((I am but a humble flying chair chef with spiked chairs that weigh 32.5 kilograms of solid steel each and are aerodynamic for hands, sir. I'm not skilled enough to be a doctor.))
Sig! Onol

Nunzillor

« Reply #7075 on: September 26, 2013, 01:41:40 am »

Dear god, man.  You're killing me.  Just phase through and peek on the other side of the door.  I can't say it won't kill you, but it will be much more entertaining.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: September 26, 2013, 06:06:26 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, at a loss on what most of these thingamajigs and whatsits in the kitchen are - definitely not the kitchen tools of god-fearing, peace-loving men of the people like him, he thinks -, decides to ask the Captain for help, finding him easily.

"Captain! How do I work the kitchen?"

"NO IDEA! I haven't EATEN in over TWO HUNDRED YEARS! I'm not sure I EVER KNEW, and I PARTICULARLY have NO IDEA now! The NICE TRANSMUTER LADY transmuted the WHOLE DANG PLACE!"

How completely unhelpful!

In an interrogation room...

Kevin relates his side of the story to his good buddy Carlson.

"I work for some guy that calls himself the Artiste. Didn't pay much attention to his monologues, tough. Sigmund's a pretty cool guy, you can trust him to tell the truth. As for the guard murder, it was more or less necessary. We had to get some books, our master ordered us to do it, so we're pretty much soulbound to doing it. Besides, Niklas, the chair golem guy, did the biggest part of the effective killing."

"Nah, you pretty clearly weren't soulbound to do what you did. Soulbinder commands work on direct orders, not general objectives. So, unless your boss was there all along egging you on, that's not really true. So, really, the murder's all on you guys, particularly the chair guy. Though I still recall distinctly how you threw a chest at me with intent to kill or disable."

"But I digress. I doubt there's really any point to maiming you further, though we will require at least a finger in any case. At any rate, two things are becoming clear to me - between the four of you thugs, there's exactly one properly criminal element, and the rest of you are merely misplaced idiots. Thus, I believe you're better off as far away from here as possible."

He quickly grabs Kevin's limp arm and takes out a pair of what seem like branch-cutting scissors. He then places one of Kevin's thumbs into the thing and tries to slice the thumb right off.

Strangely enough, the cutters go in fairly easily - then, as Carlson tries to remove them, he finds them to be completely and utterly stuck. What's even stranger is that Kevin can still see the blades of the cutters within his body - they seem to be suspended in it oddly.

"Damn it, those were my good thumb cutters! How does that even work?"

In the lobby of the guard HQ...

Sigmund accepts the kind offer of a corpse bag for the dragging of his good buddy.

"Well, I guess that it will help."

The reception guy nods and retrieves a corpse bag from his desk.

Sigmund isn't sure why he would keep those in his desk or whether he'd even like to know. The next thing the reception guy does is politely ask one of the present guards to go and retrieve the prisoner and his possessions.

A few minutes later, Mark arrives! Boy, he hasn't been seen in a long time, Sigmund would say. His torso and tree-head are placed in the bag, followed by his arms and legs, which are thrown in afterwards. In addition, a package filled with his stuff is placed within the bag. Sigmund gives it a pull with his single arm.

[Sigmund strength roll: 5-1]

It's difficult, but he can certainly drag it around. Aware of the task ahead, he decides to go back to the ship. It's been a long night. He heads out into the sun, feeling his grip weaken mildly, though not quite enough to make all the difference, and tries to find his way back. Mark, being completely expressionless and incapable of indicating due to lacking limbs, is of no help.

[Sigmund will roll: 2]

In addition, these crossroads are incredibly fiendish, Sigmund finds. Incredibly fiendish indeed. He gets turned around several times, unable to find a way to the ship.

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas elaborates on his request.

"If basic is the same size as my regular chairs, then basic."

"Very well. Five wooden chairs, then?" the man asks, lifting the gold coin up to his eye level.

On a telepathic ship...

Morton explains more about feelings and motivations.

~Malice... Malice is another negative thing, more so than the others. It is to do evil, or at least knowingly harmful and... Well malicious things to another. Perhaps it could be for personal gain, perhaps it is simply just because one likes to see the other suffer. It is a rather dreadful thing truth be told, I'm rather glad I only know few who are like that and hope to not know anymore frankly.~

~Schadenfreude... Schadenfreude... Schadenfreude is to simply take pleasure, or perhaps humor, in another person's pain or misery. I believe it to be the basis of this slap stick comedy that's been going on. There's not really much else to say about it.~

~Jealousy is similar to envy in that you wish what another has to be yours instead of theirs, I believe. I often hear them used rather interchangeably. However it does have additional meaning that envy lacks in that it could be that one 'jealously' guards that which is theirs, to instead not want another to have it. One doesn't often hear the word used like such however.~

~Ah. Most kind of you to explain. So, have you heard any fascinating news lately?~

Outside the engineers' gate of the City of the Dead...

Darren realizes that there's only one conclusion to be drawn here.

"So... whatever's in there is going to kill me for you?"

The gibbon shrugs again, still grinning cheekily (though the grin is still uncomfortably toothy at that).

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: September 26, 2013, 06:34:45 am »

Wait for the vampire to put me back together so I can lead him back to the ship
((Not having tools never stopped me I put together a dress and sewed a whole dragon costume out of bone as well as reinforced my own ribcage without a knife or any tools))
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: September 26, 2013, 06:48:48 am »

Wait for the vampire to put me back together so I can lead him back to the ship
((Not having tools never stopped me I put together a dress and sewed a whole dragon costume out of bone as well as reinforced my own ribcage without a knife or any tools))

To clarify the thing you were arguing about previously, your limbs were taken off with hammers and chisels - the joints are somewhat ruined.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: September 26, 2013, 06:51:32 am »

Hope the vamp has the scene to look for a black smith for repairs
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 719