Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519570 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8115 on: December 29, 2013, 05:02:31 am »

"You hope so? Are you SURE he's dead?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: December 29, 2013, 05:29:53 am »

"You hope so? Are you SURE he's dead?"

"Not really, but he seems pretty dead to me at first sight."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: December 29, 2013, 06:44:23 am »

On the Second Shank...

Sigmund, wary of horrible things that may happen, heads down into the cargo hold, where he finds only corpses and traces of his lovely surgeon friend's presence, namely bloody skeletal footprints. Ignoring this, he writes something else on his piece of paper - a sentence that commands reality to repel air from a certain point. It sticks to the paper, not protesting overmuch. Okay, time for magic! Sigmund thinks of a direction.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 3]

There is a minimal amount of air flow in a certain direction, but it's also accompanied by an odd rippling effect, with air distorting in various ways around the extremely mild breeze. Hm.

Somewhat higher up, Mark does the thing he likes second-best - fishing! Well, one can't say he really likes it or anything. It's more of a hobby that was forced upon him than anything. Still, he gets to kill things, albeit in a roundabout fashion, so he can't complain.

[Mark's fishing roll: 4]

He even catches three fish! Without bait, no less. Guess the blood on the harpoon attracts fish nicely enough already. Having obtained that many, he moves on with his routine sacrifices.

[Mark's sacrifice rolls: 6, 5, 3]

He dares say he's got two of the sacrificing methods down, really - Jolly Vito and Nick are easy to please. The delimbing's a bit tougher, but Mark's learning as he goes. The bleeding ritual he's pretty sure he can do reliably now, as well the heart-stabbing. And despite a whole lot of difficulty on the way, he got the last one kinda done - he supposes it counts. That leaves him with... fifty-five more? That's kind of a lot. Luckily, he should have time for that on the way.

"Great. Now he's performing unholy sacrifices on deck."

"What're those for, Mark? Good luck? Or something else?"

"Pretty sure that's not how you secure good luck."

"Can't you just divine his motives or something? You sure ask a lot of questions for somebody whose job is to know things."

"He sees things differently. I can't really process information from senses I don't have, can I?"

On a different ship altogether...

Scott, unappreciated master of japery that he is, picks up the barrel of honey and tries to look important and confident. He guesses it work - nobody stops him, and he returns to the ship a whole load of honey richer.

Outside a chair-hater's house...

Ruffled at the way he's been treated by the uneducated ruffians in this town, Niklas tries another house. He knocks on the door.

He is a little surprised when the same guy answers this door as well.

"Why must you chairs torture me so! DAMN YOU ALL!"

[Mighty Boot: Chair-Hater vs. Niklas: 3+1 vs. 6]

This time, Niklas is prepared! He dodges out of the way in an unlikely fashion, and the man's kick finds no purchase in the northerner's metal frame. Victory!

"Dodging me, are you? That's it! I'm going to twist you into a pretzel for that!" the man shouts angrily. He looks quite pissed off now, his eyes bugging out and his muscles becoming tense. He then pulls a small hammer from his belt, looking ready to put it to use.

In an artifact weapon-pet store...

Darren supposes that's the best explanation he's likely to get, and rolls with it.

"Ah, of course. Why would I expect anything different?"

He then browses the store's available pets, looking for something that is small, adorable and likely to mislead people into thinking it's not made of weaponry so dangerous it could kill pretty much anyone fifteen times over in under a minute.

Unfortunately, though there are indeed small things in this store, like some kind of monkey-thing constructed from delicately assembled knives, a centipede made of spiked chains and a four-legged (the legs seem to be glowing nunchucks) gem-encrusted tube, they are all distinctly worrying in appearance. Maybe because they don't have eyes that Darren can see. In fact, aside from weapons poking out from various places, the pets are all entirely featureless as well as completely unmoving.

"Don't be shy! Pet one! They like it!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: December 29, 2013, 07:28:05 am »

((Well, that's partial success for me))

Try the spell that stops air flow.

EDIT: another action:

Loot the bodies before attempting any magic

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: December 29, 2013, 08:06:51 am »

"Can you tell me WHERE he is dead?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: December 29, 2013, 09:26:26 am »

Use the honey to make his tea for the Artiste and beg him to try it.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: December 29, 2013, 11:26:56 pm »

Mark writes out "made a deal for 60 souls to get out of a bottomless pit"

He then gets back to fishing and unholy rituals

((I love how Mark is the go to man for anything against the laws of man and god))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: December 29, 2013, 11:56:51 pm »

Why are you in this house too!

Bravely run away! Across the street or something.
Then knock on a door.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: December 30, 2013, 03:26:11 am »

[Sorry for the uninspiring post here, but tired.]

Morton will resume his business of cleaning the dried (and apparently fresh again) blood from the deck with Erin's magic'ed up mop and bucket.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: December 30, 2013, 06:45:17 am »

((Found Marks theme tune Just needs some more !!MEDICINE!!

Spooky Scary Skeletons))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: December 30, 2013, 06:54:27 am »

((I does fit your character, but not the setting))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: December 30, 2013, 07:07:32 am »

((So we just need to find a portal to the mulitverse?))

((Poll time what character would you like to see in this game from any where in the mulitverse))
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: December 30, 2013, 07:21:31 am »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: December 30, 2013, 08:42:00 am »

[I prefer the original myself, has a sillier appeal to it. Can't really think of a good answer for the question right now sadly.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: December 30, 2013, 09:53:04 am »

((True, the original fits better both the character and the setting.))

Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 719