Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 513551 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8145 on: January 01, 2014, 07:00:34 am »

Head inside and grab the nearest chair.
Kevin yells:
"NIKLAS, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? PLEASE ATTRACT THIS CHAIR SO I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!"
And holds the chair up in the air.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:39 am »

Mark hearing the EXPLOSION had an idea someone might have been hurt by it so they need !!MEDICENE!!

he skips down stairs and looks for someone to fix
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: January 01, 2014, 09:49:15 am »

-Why on Earth does someone carry an explosive thing with them all the time? It is not even useful for killing other people when you have to open it, damaging yourself in the attempt to use it against someone. Damn, which kind of stupid people live in this city?

He then notices Mark entering:

-Oh, no, I just have pieces of metal in my body, there is no need to become an abomination here, so you are free to go.

He then turned to the other members of the crew:

-But I think that I will need some help to at least pull this sharpnel from my hands, so that in turn I can do the same with the rest of my body on my own.

((Ok, Im going to try divination on the snake))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: January 01, 2014, 10:03:54 am »

Get my doctors bag and remove the shrapnel. While being sad about not getting to stitch limbs.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: January 01, 2014, 11:59:54 am »

Into the water!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: January 01, 2014, 04:05:45 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas, seeing that opportunity has presented itself to him, tries to take control of the chair! Unfortunately, though, nothing at all happens. He can't reach out to the chair at all, it seems like. The man does not even notice the attempt.

[Grapple: Chair-Hater vs. Niklas: 1+1 vs. 6]

He does, however, try to back up, which results in him tripping over the unexpected chair right behind him, which results in him tumbling backward, inadvertently releasing Niklas in the process.

"I can't live like this! It's driving me insane!" he shouts as he rolls away and gets to his feet. He then gives the offending chair, the one that seems to have interrupted his hate crimes against chairkind, something that is best described as a death glare. Niklas briefly wonders whether this is a good time to run.

Not too far away, Kevin enters the Webbed Toe - his suspicions are confirmed as he notices tankards, chairs and tables flying about inside the place. What is much, much stranger is that there are only four people inside - all others have evidently fled. They seem to be the cause of the ruckus - two young women in particular seem to be duking it out while using the rest of the tavern as improvised weaponry while a rather strangely painted man and an exquisitely-clothed golden skeleton with brightly-glowing eyes sit at one of the tables further away from the center of the hall, sipping wine and making merry conversation. What's more, the two fighters seem to be using telekinesis.

"Take it back!" one of the combatants, a rotund, red-faced young lady in an extremely expensive-looking dress shouts at her opponent, a tall, pale, raven-haired young woman with a conspicuously long face and a rainbow-colored robe.

"But it is, isn't it? Jane herself said so!" the rainbow-robed woman shouts back. None of them seem to have noticed Kevin yet, and he can't help but wonder if it'd be a good idea to attract their attention. He can't really tell if Niklas is in the pandemonium going on in the middle of the room, but if he is, he would probably require saving, yes.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Mark, though a little distraught by the way this turn of events will impact his fishing prospects, knows the value of positive thinking. Explosions mean victims, and victims mean medicine! Some would say that medicine in turn means even more victims, but those people are naysayers and must not be listened to by gentlemen of class and medical competence. Mark excitedly runs downstairs, goes right past Art and Tailor Craig, moves right through the Captain and finally finds himself next to Sigmund. So it is time for them to tango once again, it seems.

"Why on earth does someone carry an explosive thing with them all the time? It is not even useful for killing other people when you have to open it, damaging yourself in the attempt to use it against someone. Damn, which kind of stupid people live in this city?" Sigmund rants, wondering why all the people that get killed here are poopy-brained dunderheads that insist on trying to get him killed as well. As he reflects on this incompetence on the part of somebody that is definitely not him, he notices the looming shadow of Mark's tree growing larger near him. He turns to face the skeleton with as much bravery and flippancy as he can muster.

"Oh, no, I just have pieces of metal in my body, there is no need to become an abomination here, so you are free to go. But I think that I will need some help to at least pull this shrapnel from my hands, so that in turn I can do the same with the rest of my body on my own."

This is something Mark is not entirely satisfied with, but he guesses he has to enjoy whatever work comes to him, really.

[Mark's "medicine" roll: 4+1]

He quickly and easily removes all bits of shrapnel from Sigmund's body. His unblinking gaze briefly rests on the superfluous bits of flesh on Sigmund's body - there is a slight temptation to do something about all of that, to be honest, but Mark decides it best not to pursue such ambitions for now. He sadly concludes the operation by sealing up all new holes in Sigmund, hoping that the trust engendered by the highly predictable, plebeian acts of so-called medicine will serve to bring repeat customers in the future - and when that comes, he can really cut loose.

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Scott, having found out what he needs, quickly flops into the ocean. This is rather effective at extinguishing the fire on his hand, and the water is nice and icy this time of year.

Now there's only the question of getting out!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:17:19 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: January 01, 2014, 04:09:57 pm »

Come, chair friend, we must hurry!

Grab the chair and run for it!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: January 01, 2014, 05:56:39 pm »

Sigmund felt the need to thank Mark. He, or it, or whatever, hadn't put at a side his impulses to do an ethically acceptable job as he had just done.

-I-I'm surprised, Mark. I thought that you were only capable of constructing abominations on your own. Well, I think that I should prevent any deadly things from happening and look for some help.

But first, he turned to the other members of the crew that for some reason had came to the cargo hold asking what had happened to him:

-Thanks for coming, but I think that I'm fine now.

Go to the deck, ask Justine, while showing the snake:

-Do you know what does this device do?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: January 01, 2014, 06:03:04 pm »

Go to the deck, ask Justine, while showing the snake:

-Do you know what does this device do?

"It's definitely magical. I can sense that much. And you can activate it by pushing that button. More than that is a bit difficult to tell - the nature of the object is dormant, so to speak. It feels less like a device and more like a being, though."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: January 01, 2014, 06:17:19 pm »

-Do you sense any kind of danger if it happened to be activated?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: January 01, 2014, 06:34:19 pm »

Cimb out the water, grab barrel, move it where the honey was set alight and RUN.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: January 02, 2014, 01:53:36 am »

Mark hearing the Q &A going on handed Sigmund a harpoon feeling that he may need it soon.
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: January 02, 2014, 04:23:42 am »

-Do you sense any kind of danger if it happened to be activated?

"... now that you mention it, yes, actually. I can indeed sense quite a bit of malevolence in the creature. And it also contains some sort of enchanted venom, which probably isn't good. In addition, I get the feeling that it doesn't like it when somebody pushes the button."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: January 02, 2014, 06:01:42 am »

Kevin goes over to the two, he presumes, men dining in the corner.
"Sorry to disturb you, but have you seen any chairs walk in here of their own accord?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: January 02, 2014, 07:40:21 am »

-So, it appears that common folk in this town carry dangerous magical elements. I think that if I ever have to press the button, I will do so just before throwing this to an enemy. Thanks for the information.

Get to a place on the deck where I can lean against a wall, and there is no people around. Carry a heavy barrel and put it in front of me, so that I end up between a wall and the barrel. Cast the create breeze spell, making it flow towards me.

For when Sigmund recieves the harpoon:

-I don't know what do you want, but I won't help you kill people without reason.

He then puts the harpoon by his self-containing experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 719