Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519250 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8220 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:36 am »

"Eh, he can wait. Where were we?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: January 05, 2014, 10:16:49 am »

"Eh, he can wait. Where were we?"

"We were talking about where you were going, and you mentioned Horizon Isle. It's a very interesting place, I hear. Difficult to reach, however. Does your master know what he's doing?"

"Because very few do, really. Most that know what they're doing stay well away from the Sea of Death."

"Then again, he is some kind of... divine accountant, you said? What does that mean, anyway?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: January 05, 2014, 10:27:46 am »

Mark writes out a note on a nearby chair "Please help me get Niklas so we can get going on the ship. It feels like we've been stuck in this town for months"

Mark then goes out and decides Niklas wont leave with out that man dead well more resources. Sneak up and attack the Chair hater.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: January 05, 2014, 11:48:07 am »

"No idea. Said he was an accountant from the gods, not much more. Also said weird things, like, not "i have to sleep" but "this body needs to sleep, it's quite an odd sensation". Like it's not his body. Really weird guy."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: January 05, 2014, 12:15:14 pm »

"No idea. Said he was an accountant from the gods, not much more. Also said weird things, like, not "i have to sleep" but "this body needs to sleep, it's quite an odd sensation". Like it's not his body. Really weird guy."

"Sounds like he's using his body as a host of some kind. Definitely unusual!"

"Perhaps a god-fragment of some kind?"

"Well, we can't really find out from here, can we? But he sure sounds like a singularly unique person. Maybe we should go see him?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: January 05, 2014, 12:20:52 pm »

"Sure, that solves all the problems. We'll just move the party there!"
If they agree, Kevin goes back to the ship.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: January 05, 2014, 12:42:15 pm »

Mark rights out another note and shows it to the mages

"Yeah the body is from a demon summoner who screwed up trying to kill me and he got possessed by the our master"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: January 05, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »

Axe the lobster to dinner!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: January 05, 2014, 02:53:33 pm »

Niklas tries to find that elusive sense of connectivity with chairs once again!

((He's very stubborn about these things.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: January 05, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

[Now I'm curious about Artiste's new "don't talk about me" and how it interacts with us. Is it just a regular "don't do this" rule, or a soul bound rule? Nobody's in intense pain, so I suppose it might not be the latter, unless nothing said so far tripped it. Curious.]

Morton greeted Art and the Captain, although the butler wasn't particularly sure what the Captain was doing at the moment. Perhaps talking to some of the shyer spirits he's mentioned before? Seeing him also makes the desk realize that should he devise a way to give Justine tea for her to enjoy, the same could be said of the Captain!

"I certainly hope I'm not interrupting anything, good mage Art, but if you don't mind I have a few questions."

If mind is not given, Morton will continue.

"I've got an, admittedly peculiar, idea. I'm wanting to make a tea that second chancers of the more incoporial persuasion can enjoy, but I don't particularly know how such a thing might work. Knowing what a ghostly second chancer can interact with would be as good a start of this quest as any."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:48:44 pm by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:10 pm »

Axe the lobster to dinner!

Didn't you have a hammer? I don't recall you having an axe.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: January 05, 2014, 06:58:21 pm »

"I certainly hope I'm not interrupting anything, good mage Art, but if you don't mind I have a few questions."

"Go ahead, Morton. Always got time for you."

"I've got an, admittedly peculiar, idea. I'm wanting to make a tea that second chancers of the more incoporial persuasion can enjoy, but I don't particularly know how such a thing might work. Knowing what a ghostly second chancer can interact with would be as good a start of this quest as any."

"Like with most things, there's several ways I can imagine. Firstly, you can try to enchant your tea after you make it - you haven't got experience in that regard, though, so that'd be pretty complicated. Secondly, you could try to get Erin to make tea out of ectoplasm, but there's several problems with that as well - for one, she won't know what ectoplasm is composed of, exactly, and also she probably won't be good at getting the tea to taste any good - there'd be lots of experimentation involved, and you probably wouldn't be able to involve yourself in any meaningful way, and you're the tea expert here. Thirdly, you could try the time-tested method of turning a man into a spectacular pot of tea, utilizing advanced mentalism techniques to convince him that he really is a pot of tea, then smashing him into little pieces, then bringing back his ghost through necromancy, then figuring out a way to serve him to ghosts, presumably through magical gloves or something. Finally, you could just get a way to induce the sensation of drinking extremely fine tea into a person's mind, like an artifact of some kind, or maybe find out a way to use mentalism yourself. But that might be cheating, according to your interpretation and personal beliefs. Really, there's plenty of things you could try."

Nunzillor

« Reply #8234 on: January 06, 2014, 12:43:41 am »

And perhaps the ship's resident demonology expert would know a demon of magical artifacts that you could strike a deal with.

Perhaps even a demon of tea!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:46:04 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 719