Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519561 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8250 on: January 07, 2014, 04:00:19 am »

((I always have max will rolls, It's almost like the upper echelons of this universe want scott to keep suffering no matter how screwed up he becomes. >.>))
Using his earlier deduction of the nature of undead*, he will will (awkward) his limbs back to him and knit themselves back to his body.

((*That undead are the magically entrapped will of the late living person, and Scott is a bloody minded as they come.)))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:06:25 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: January 07, 2014, 04:07:00 am »

"Uhhh, thanks, me thinks..." Timothy mumbled, more bewilderment in his expression than gratitude, then peered up at the figure as it spoke again.

"We-ell..." The ghost felt somewhat self-conscious, voicing his woes and troubles in a strange, bright place like this, but he supposed he didn't have much choice- and for all he knew, this strange lot might be able to help him! Surely they'd at least have more idea of how this stuff worked than he, anyhow.
"I's sorta... lost. Magicky stuff's happens, an' now I's not sure where I is, not either where I was, wantsta get back ta home but 'snot really working outs."
He gave a shrug of his intangible shoulders, then raised his eyebrows in a hopeful expression.
"Maybes you can help me? Dat's be real nice, yes."

>Ask the nice interplanar people to help me get home!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: January 07, 2014, 04:21:58 am »

"Uhhh, thanks, me thinks..." Timothy mumbled, more bewilderment in his expression than gratitude, then peered up at the figure as it spoke again.

"We-ell..." The ghost felt somewhat self-conscious, voicing his woes and troubles in a strange, bright place like this, but he supposed he didn't have much choice- and for all he knew, this strange lot might be able to help him! Surely they'd at least have more idea of how this stuff worked than he, anyhow.
"I's sorta... lost. Magicky stuff's happens, an' now I's not sure where I is, not either where I was, wantsta get back ta home but 'snot really working outs."
He gave a shrug of his intangible shoulders, then raised his eyebrows in a hopeful expression.
"Maybes you can help me? Dat's be real nice, yes."

>Ask the nice interplanar people to help me get home!

"AH, SO YOU JUST CAME HERE BY ACCIDENT, THEN? THIS IS THE REALM OF LOVE, AS I MENTIONED ALREADY. I SUPPOSE I COULD SEND YOU BACK TO THE MORTAL REALM IF YOU WISH. THAT IS, UNLESS YOU'D LIKE SOME KIND OF BOON AS WELL. PERHAPS A LOYAL LIFE PARTNER? A VALUABLE ARTIFACT? SOMETHING ELSE? I'D ONLY STAKE A CLAIM ON YOUR SOUL IF YOU CHOOSE SUCH A THING," the strange man explains.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: January 07, 2014, 06:51:09 am »

Grab a sheet, make it into another focus. Realize that it is not so difficult.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:32 am »

((I think the Artiste is going to ground me or something.))
Kevin waves.
"Don't worry, these guys are really friendly! They gave me this cool party ring!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: January 07, 2014, 11:05:33 am »

((I think the Artiste is going to ground me or something.))
Kevin waves.
"Don't worry, these guys are really friendly! They gave me this cool party ring!"

"It's a strange thing to ask, really, but are you drunk, Kevin?"

"We all are! Party rings, you know."

"Want a ring to help you with that as well?" Stephen asks in an innocuous manner.

"No need. I can get perfectly drunk the conventional way, really. I did so yesterday, in fact."

"Good for you! Feeling okay now?"

"I'm good, thank you."

"Because, barring work circumstances, I've found it unquestionably better to be drunk for two days straight than just one."

"Once again, I'm good. Really."

At this moment, the group becomes aware of Erin, who seems to have approached suddenly along with Evelyn.

"I heard something about party rings."

"We've got a bunch."

"Can I have one?"

"Sure!" Stephen says and hands her one of his rings. "Feel free to keep it for as long as you like. I keep a steady supply around. These things can be a mite insensitive, you know, so make sure to turn the dial as far as possible!"

"I've always wondered how these work!" Erin excitedly says and turns the dial almost three-quarters of its entire range. She then stumbles backward, supporting herself against a barrel. Her eyes spontaneously become glazed, and she seems pretty unsteady. "Whoa. Whoa, y'guys. What just happened? Why's the floor... swaying like that?" As she tries to get her bearings, Stephen and Lizzie both start to laugh.

"Hahahah! That never gets old!"

"Look at her, she looks like a first-year student on her first night out!"

"Very funny."

After a moment spent laughing, Lizzie turns back to the Artiste.

"By the way, that's a cool duck you have there," she mentions, pointing at Evelyn.

"She's not actually a duck, to be honest. I think our skeletal doctor got to her."

"That's great!" Lizzie says, turning to Kevin. "So, there a place we can sit? I don't want to slum it on a barrel like the others here that aren't ghosts."

"What's wrong with sitting on a barrel? This guy right here loves it," Stephen says, indicating the Artiste.

"We probably should get chairs out here someday, though."

"It's so undignified, you know. And I like open air settings as much as the next-"

"No, you don't. You don't even breathe!"

"Well, neither do you."

"Correction! I do! I don't have to, but I do! I'll have you know it feels great."

"I suppose you can stay out here, then."

"I'd love to!" Stephen says half-spitefully, half-jokingly. "Right, buddy?" he continues, nudging the Artiste with his elbow. The Artiste sighs again. "We love it on deck. In touch with nature, the sea spray hitting out faces... besides, there's the other reason, you know?" he says. Lizzie just chuckles and nods.

"Yes, of course. Want to go below decks, Kevin? I'd like to see the inside of the ship, you know."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: January 07, 2014, 11:32:02 am »

"You're not gonna find any chairs, I think, Niklas took them all. But let's go below-decks, I guess."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: January 07, 2014, 04:42:45 pm »

Timothy opened his mouth, then closed it, desperately trying to make sense of what the strange being was telling him in his befuddled state.
These 'boons' sounded pretty nice, but then again he didn't exactly have much need for a "loyal life partner"- he wasn't quite sure what the thing meant by that, but as a ghost he couldn't really 'do the deed' these days anyway, now could he? He eventually shook his head and managed a small smile(surely a terrifying grimace for anyone with human-like sensibilities.)
"Thankyouse for da offerings, but I's thinking I just wantsta go home. I been losted a while now, dun' know what's maybe happened."

He bobbed his head a few times, looked around, then felt a tinge of guilt for abandoning such a nice place so quickly.
"...Maybe I comes back somedays, yeah? Dis real nice place, yes." He smiled again, somewhat more crookedly than usual.
Booze is Life for Yoink

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: January 07, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »

"You're not gonna find any chairs, I think, Niklas took them all. But let's go below-decks, I guess."
((They can sit on Niklas because sitting on possesed demonic chairs is !!FUN!!))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: January 07, 2014, 07:05:36 pm »

Phwew...
That was easier than he thought. But, still. The look on her face. He would have to make this up to her. Somehow.
"Alright, so, what do you want to learn?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: January 07, 2014, 07:12:04 pm »

[Random comment: I really don't trust these people. Bad vibes out the wazoo here. Also mostly from what they said earlier in the tavern. All I'll say is keep an eye on 'em.]

Nunzillor

« Reply #8261 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »

They seem friendly enough.  What don't you trust about them?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: January 08, 2014, 05:39:26 am »

Timothy opened his mouth, then closed it, desperately trying to make sense of what the strange being was telling him in his befuddled state.
These 'boons' sounded pretty nice, but then again he didn't exactly have much need for a "loyal life partner"- he wasn't quite sure what the thing meant by that, but as a ghost he couldn't really 'do the deed' these days anyway, now could he? He eventually shook his head and managed a small smile(surely a terrifying grimace for anyone with human-like sensibilities.)
"Thankyouse for da offerings, but I's thinking I just wantsta go home. I been losted a while now, dun' know what's maybe happened."

He bobbed his head a few times, looked around, then felt a tinge of guilt for abandoning such a nice place so quickly.
"...Maybe I comes back somedays, yeah? Dis real nice place, yes." He smiled again, somewhat more crookedly than usual.

The fellow doesn't seem entirely happy about this.

"ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING OTHER THAN TO LEAVE? BECAUSE I REALLY CAN GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT. REALLY. IT'S NO TROUBLE AT ALL - IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO HELP. AND YOU'D ONLY NEED TO SIGN OFF YOUR SOUL TO ME - IT'D PASS TO ME AFTER YOU DIE, OF COURSE, NOT BEFORE. YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT AN INCREDIBLE BARGAIN LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW? IT'S WHAT I DO, YOU KNOW. BARGAINS."

Phwew...
That was easier than he thought. But, still. The look on her face. He would have to make this up to her. Somehow.
"Alright, so, what do you want to learn?"

The lady just shrugs.

"Everything you can teach?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:55 am »

"ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING OTHER THAN TO LEAVE? BECAUSE I REALLY CAN GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT. REALLY. IT'S NO TROUBLE AT ALL - IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO HELP. AND YOU'D ONLY NEED TO SIGN OFF YOUR SOUL TO ME - IT'D PASS TO ME AFTER YOU DIE, OF COURSE, NOT BEFORE. YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT AN INCREDIBLE BARGAIN LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW? IT'S WHAT I DO, YOU KNOW. BARGAINS."

"Uh, thanks but... I don'ts... is a bit..." Timothy trailed off.
The ghost was terribly conflicted; he really wanted to go home, and he didn't too much like the sound of someone else getting his soul-- didn't he have some problems along those lines already?-- but at the same time he didn't want to offend this person, who seemed pretty nice and was, after all, trying to help him out. He attempted a curious smile and spoke again, somewhat hesitantly.

"Um, we-ell... what sortsa things is you makin' bargains of? I's has a looksy, maybe. Is real nice idea."
He nodded his head a few times, feigning enthusiasm whilst really just wanting a return to normalcy.

>Ask just what the fellow wants to offer in exchange for my soul.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: January 08, 2014, 11:13:09 am »

"Uh, thanks but... I don'ts... is a bit..." Timothy trailed off.
The ghost was terribly conflicted; he really wanted to go home, and he didn't too much like the sound of someone else getting his soul-- didn't he have some problems along those lines already?-- but at the same time he didn't want to offend this person, who seemed pretty nice and was, after all, trying to help him out. He attempted a curious smile and spoke again, somewhat hesitantly.

"Um, we-ell... what sortsa things is you makin' bargains of? I's has a looksy, maybe. Is real nice idea."
He nodded his head a few times, feigning enthusiasm whilst really just wanting a return to normalcy.

"GLAD YOU ASKED! MOST COMMONLY, I HELP PEOPLE FIND LOVE, WHETHER BY GRANTING THEM A LOYAL PARTNER, MAKING THEM MORE BEAUTIFUL AND GRACEFUL OR BY MAKING THEIR VOICE THE MOST BEWITCHING THING IN THE WORLD! I CAN ALSO GRANT GREAT INSPIRATIONS, ARTIFACTS OF MANY KINDS AND MORE! ASK FOR SOMETHING, I CAN DO IT! BELIEVE IT!"
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 719