Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519489 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9495 on: April 03, 2014, 04:04:02 pm »

Name: He Who Punches Otters
Archetype: Zombie
Biography: A hunter for some ancient native american-like tribe, he was called that for his skill at hunting Otters with nothing but his fists. One day while hunting otters. he was ambushed by a member of a rival clan, who shot him through the neck from behind and left him to die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: April 03, 2014, 04:05:31 pm »

Name: He Who Punches Otters
Archetype: Zombie
Biography: A hunter for some ancient native american-like tribe, he was called that for his skill at hunting Otters with nothing but his fists. One day while hunting otters. he was ambushed by a member of a rival clan, who shot him through the neck from behind and left him to die.
Hey a buddy for Niklas!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: April 03, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »

"I am a tragic figure of death itself! I...SHALL...NOT...PERISH!"

Float it off and meet up
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:39 pm »

~This is getting ridiculous. Okay, make me travel to another body, but my lack of foci while performing tasks will remain your responsibility. I'm willing to continue this conversation when your mental state is far better.~

Help the Gub to change my soul of place, at least by willingly allowing them to do so. Enjoy the relaxing experience of not having any actual responsibility on my own as I travel the void, just to lose it after I enter a new body and find one of the two mad people in the group sharing a soul vessel with me.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: April 03, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »

"Thanks Art" Mark keeping a tight grip on His body when hunting for some weapons before returning to the group ""I'm just going to look around for some gear"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:25:54 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: April 03, 2014, 07:00:34 pm »

((I pissed off the Gub with my logic. I don't know if I should feel like a badass or not))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: April 03, 2014, 08:12:54 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Morton was still recovering from the journey mentally, rapid changes take a while to become accustomed to after all. But oh was it worth it! He's a desk again! Most people would find the elation he felt with that strange, no doubt, but while being alive-alive again was interesting, he certainly missed being a desk.

The tea apostle wanted to see a mirror, he's curious as to how different he is from before. After all, he can float now, which is most certainly an odd-if-exciting new ability, and he emitted a light, most curious! He also felt warm, although as to why he couldn't quite say at the moment.

Morton put his exciting changes aside however, driven by his remorse at his poor attitude to Scott prior in their journey, was about to move to see if he could help the unstable ghost head in what was ailing him. He would of too, if it wasn't for the head floating off in some strange direction and shouting. Oh dear. The desk wished him the best of luck in whatever was ailing him, even as unhinged as he is, he doesn't deserve--to the desk's knowledge--all the rubbish life seems to dredge on the poor man.

~Good group Gub, I've returned. It was truly a short trip, and I believe it went most splendidly! I appear to be a desk once more, yet I float and give off a dim light. Most curious, I plan to investigate after informing good tailor Craig of the success. Now, after I inform good tailor Craig of the endeavor through the portal I will undertake your task of locating those of the magical-inclination. If it wouldn't be too much to ask, perhaps I could stay in this new form if that's quite alright? If it is unsuitable for the task, I'll be willing to transfer, but maybe the strange form is of more beneficial use?~

The butler figured it was a long shot, but he did indeed want to explore this new body a touch more. It isn't often one's changed by a demon after all, much less in such an interesting manner. The desk attempts to see if he can float to where Craig was last through a variety of methods, the first being flailing in the air as he had trundled on the ground, another trying to simply move that direction, will himself, etc.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: April 03, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »

Spoiler: long OOC (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: April 03, 2014, 10:37:23 pm »

Spoiler: More OOC (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: April 04, 2014, 03:20:57 am »

((But is Sigmund being more disobedient than Kevin? I haven't actually done anything but disobey the Gub and ask why fifty times in a row.))
Kevin flops around gratefully, for he is no longer in the same body as Mark.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: April 04, 2014, 06:53:49 am »

((I have the feeling that the Gub, in its origins, was used to deal with low-intelligence beings, thus being now not really good with dealing with independent beings. Sigmund actually disobeyed the Gub when he refused to let his soul be moved again. And then he asked for explanations and was argumentative. Morton, actually obeyed the Gub, but on the other hand took his time to do stuff. The Gub didn't seem to care about that. That reinforces my theory about how the Gub doesn't like to have beings around who think independently.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:31 pm »

In an increasingly blood-soaked hallway...

Niklas figures he should try the less posh alternative to Narcillicus - his kid brother! At least, that's how he thinks Pacitarius works, anyway, and Arnold Q. Arnold seemed to agree. Getting down on his knees, he raises his head to the ceiling and invokes (well, mentally, at least) the most holy name of Pacitarius, godly child-emperor of all things natural. It doesn't take long for something to happen!

~Hey, hey, hey. Haven't heard from you before. You've reached the direct line to the Child of Nature, Friend of Man. Treasure the moment. I take it you want something, right?~ a gentle voice, childish in tone, yet with a strange mannish quality to it, says to him all of a sudden.

Niklas can't help but nod and think of various boosts and whatnot.

~You want a boon, huh? I guess I can help you - you sure seem like you could use some kind of assistance. Tell you what, there's a little something in the basement of this tower, in a long-forgotten, blissfully unguarded corner of a disused storage room filled with... flasks, I think? Anyway, it's right behind a loose, magical brick. This little something will probably help you in pretty much every way if used right. If you want, go get it - pretty sure nobody else knows where it is, at least not yet. Have a good one and all that,~ the voice of Pacitarius says, then cuts out quickly. Guess if Niklas doesn't want to slip on his own blood while going downstairs, he'll probably have to do a quick patch job with what he's got.

[Niklas' first aid roll: 3-1]

Said patch job is hindered by a severe lack of arms to perform it with and an insufficiently flexible spine to render such a problem moot.

On a nice terrace...

Scott, rather displeased by the way he seems to be dying, attempts to take it like a man and simply float on, looking for the others in his group.

"I am a tragic figure of death itself! I...SHALL...NOT...PERISH!" he shouts defiantly, his body twitching as the soul threatens to squirm out of it.

~perhaps we shall not move you yet!~ the gub suddenly say, and Scott feels something begin to happen. ~instead, perhaps we will make you not die instead!~

[the gub's magic roll: 6]

His soul is suddenly forced back into place, and the sudden feeling of mortality subsides. Scott knew that fate was only bluffing this time! Reality is clearly too scared to eliminate him in any permanent fashion. Nevertheless, he looks around to spot any interesting beings around - the first thing he notices is a floating, brownish, otherworldly desk that, while he can't say he's perfectly confident about it, he'll just go ahead and guess is probably Morton.

Morton is currently testing his ability to move. His first idea is to try and flail around in the air. This creates an interesting result - rather than any sort of more conventional movement, Morton observes thin, wispy brown arms - a variable number of them, somewhere from seven to fifteen, and each seems to be a different length - suddenly sprout from his form, grabbing at the ground and propelling him forward - slightly spooked, Morton goes still, and the arms withdraw back into his body. Huh.

Next, he tries to shuffle forward, then will himself to move forward, and these seems to work just as well, if less impressively than the previous method - he simply floats forward without any sort of sound aside from a very subtle, low buzz that may or may not be mostly be made up of infrasound.

~Good group Gub, I've returned. It was truly a short trip, and I believe it went most splendidly! I appear to be a desk once more, yet I float and give off a dim light. Most curious, I plan to investigate after informing good tailor Craig of the success. Now, after I inform good tailor Craig of the endeavor through the portal I will undertake your task of locating those of the magical-inclination. If it wouldn't be too much to ask, perhaps I could stay in this new form if that's quite alright? If it is unsuitable for the task, I'll be willing to transfer, but maybe the strange form is of more beneficial use?~

~like we have mentioned, we find permitting you to do things very easy! so this is what we shall do! your body seems to be of the useful sort!~

Good to know! Morton floats off, looking for Tailor Craig - fortunately, the fellow appears to not have moved much in Morton's short absence, regarding the most unwanted of his dresses with a slightly wistful look.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund guesses he shouldn't provoke the gub too much. They seem unstable.

~This is getting ridiculous. Okay, make me travel to another body, but my lack of foci while performing tasks will remain your responsibility. I'm willing to continue this conversation when your mental state is far better.~

It takes a moment for the gub to reply.

~we have a better idea! a more aesthetically pleasing one and hopefully one that will not make you useless peons complain for days on end how your ridiculous demands are not being met!~

Hm, that sounds okay. Maybe Sigmund should somehow facilitate...

[the gub's magic roll: 1]

... getting himself killed? That's certainly what this feels like, what with the terrible sensation of doom and extremely hideous pain.

[Sigmund's will roll: 4]

Fortunately, this is hardly the first time somebody has tried to murder Sigmund with advanced necromancy today. Though it does hurt a lot more in a physical body, Sigmund does manage to hold on nicely and not die. At least, not in any easily apparent way.

~we seem to be discovering an interesting new side of magic! it is called unexpected, slightly deadly failure! it is fortunate indeed that the gub cannot die, is it not?~

Mark, meanwhile, thanks the brave crystal princess that saved him.

"Thanks, Art. I'm just going to look around for some gear," he says, and Art just shrugs.

"It's all good, I suppose. Now, any of you want to be slightly protected from interference or whatever? Who wants to go first?"

Mark would volunteer, but he is far too busy looking for weapons, and spends the next few minutes painstakingly extracting some metal fence posts from the ground - they seem fairly thin and metallic, as well as at least three quarters of his current height, and Mark does believe that metallic, swingable things you can hit people with are weapons - after all, what use is there for a fence aside from improvised weaponry, anyway?

Kevin, meanwhile, flops about gratefully, looking fairly ecstatic about not sharing a body with his worst friend forever. And he probably is ecstatic until he hears from the gub again.

~your current body will be of no use in your task! this we shall change!~

[the gub's magic roll: 4]

Kevin is most disappointed when his soul is suddenly peeled away from his body, hurled through space in a matter of seconds and lodged into another body - this one seems to be located inside a building. Moreover, it seems to look mostly exactly like Mark's body. How strange.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: April 04, 2014, 04:27:15 pm »

Call out for the fat lady. Ask if she can fix me up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: April 04, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »

Mark heads back to Art with his new weapons and get protection it is going to be very useful if we will be hunting mages
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: April 04, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »

~Well, yes, magic tends to have tragic consequences if not done properly. I advice to focus on what you want to do pay special attention to it for a while. Magic is all about how you influence the world with your soul. Your idea of not being able to die is rather odd, considering that souls are those who influence the world with magic, and that thus you have at least one. I suspect that you mean that the Gub as an entity can't die even if its members do, but I digress, I don't want to occupy more your mind, it would be more productive if we happened to get something done finally.~

Same action as before. Hope that the Gub does things the right way this time.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 719