Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519483 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9510 on: April 05, 2014, 02:20:56 am »

"Thank you for taking responsibility for your mistakes Gub, it was very mature of you. I am very proud of you all" 
After sending off the psychic image of a smile Scott will float after morton's otherworldly desk-like form.
"So....you re-died too? As sooon as I do it, everyone seems to want in on the action."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:15:25 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: April 06, 2014, 03:47:02 am »

~Thanks, I guess. This is probably as good as it's going to get, so where is the rest?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: April 06, 2014, 05:28:06 am »

~Thanks, I guess. This is probably as good as it's going to get, so where is the rest?~

~outside!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: April 06, 2014, 06:43:21 am »

Go outside.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:32 pm »

In the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, in another entirely reasonable twist, decides to scream for help, but then realizes that he has no trachea. This somewhat limits his calling abilities, as he has not obtained the immensely useful skill of telepathy just yet. This is going on the list, he realizes.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Mark heads back to Art - he finds that Art has not gone far, and seems to be poking at the dolphin, who seems to have become dead again. When a body roughly identical to his turns up, Mark guesses that Kevin must have been relocated already. Things are moving along nicely! He strolls up to Art and asks politely for protection.

"Looks like you're going to be the lucky second subject, then," he says, raising his arms in a very magical fashion.

[Art's magic roll: 1]

And as the magic is worked, Mark can't help but get the feeling that it might not have worked as it should have. Hm.

"Something might've gone wrong... don't move, man."

Art thinks for a moment.

"Hard to say what, though."

Sigmund, meanwhile, lectures the gub on magic.

~Well, yes, magic tends to have tragic consequences if not done properly. I advice to focus on what you want to do pay special attention to it for a while. Magic is all about how you influence the world with your soul. Your idea of not being able to die is rather odd, considering that souls are those who influence the world with magic, and that thus you have at least one. I suspect that you mean that the Gub as an entity can't die even if its members do, but I digress, I don't want to occupy more your mind, it would be more productive if we happened to get something done finally.~

~we know all this! we know everything you do, actually! more or less! we have not quite managed the rulesight on our own, however! we will work on that eventually! but now, switcheroo!~

[the gub's magic roll: 2]

Things fail to happen despite Sigmund's positive thinking - the gub seem to be having a somewhat terrible time at this lately.

~productivity sure is plummeting!~

On a nice terrace...

"Thank you for taking responsibility for your mistakes Gub, it was very mature of you. I am very proud of you all," Scott tells the gub, attempting to evoke the mental image of a smile.

~and we find you reasonably functional, scott! we do hope things will start to get done soon, though!~

Scott, quite joyous right now, floats into the building after Morton, finding him to be right inside. He asks him a reasonable question.

"So....you re-died too? As soon as I do it, everyone seems to want in on the action."

Morton responds merely by looking resplendent. Tailor Craig appears to be lost in thought.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: April 06, 2014, 03:53:28 pm »

~As I said, just dedicate special effort. I know that you already know all this, that's why I have been plainly talking to you and stating what I don't like, instead of just thinking about it, because that would be hypocritical and just useless, right? Anyway, I can wait, it's not like I will die of old age at some point.~

Sigmund thought that he could just relax, because he doesn't have any real responsibility right now. What's the slime's equivalent of relaxing anyway? Maybe just having a form way closer to the ground, and letting the gravity do its job instead of fighting it? In either case there must be an equilibrium so that he doesn't end up desintegrating. Dammit, he can't get relaxed.

Well, at elast he could do something with his body as the Gub figured out how to change his body again.

~As you are changing my body again, do you want me to leave this body in any particular place?~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: April 06, 2014, 05:11:08 pm »

As you have grown in power, is it not more efficient to create artificial workforces, if not try 'transporting' workers from other lands?
Heck, why not go legitimate and try to negotiate labour from heads of state as an equal power?[/
color][/glow]
Go find ze artiste and start working.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:27:24 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: April 06, 2014, 05:23:10 pm »

((Edited previous post, didn't go for an action))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: April 06, 2014, 07:24:53 pm »

Mark stays perfectly still using his 360 vision to look around(If I still have it) and tells Art "FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:52:31 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: April 06, 2014, 10:19:49 pm »

[Apologies, I forgot to mention I'd be gone until today. Unfortunately, my computer broke today and all I'm left with is my phone. My action will probably be late afternoon tomorrow, too busy to devote time for a good post made from my phone, but I should then, although hopefully my technical issues would be fixed by then, which may facilitate a faster post.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: April 06, 2014, 11:16:53 pm »

Well, I've got experience at this - flop around until someone finds me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: April 07, 2014, 02:37:57 am »

"Ah, yes, that sounds fascinating! Absolutely riveting! But, ah, would you mind me keeping one? I have a friend, huge fan of artifacts as well, and there's one that he's heard is in this area that he has had his eyes on for a while. Is there any way I could acquire one from you?"
Go forth and find artifacts.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: April 07, 2014, 04:06:22 am »

"So, where are we going?"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:04:55 am by miauw62 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: April 07, 2014, 06:01:15 am »

Go outside and look for Art.
((I think that you are already outside with Art))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: April 07, 2014, 07:03:39 am »

((Oh, right.))

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 719