Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519472 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9555 on: April 13, 2014, 09:15:16 am »

((I'm not sure if we're still undead, actually.))
"Shit."
Follow Sigmund at maximum speed.

((I'll be gone for the next four or five days, and I probably won't have an internet connection. So Tomcost can do my actions, if he wants to.))
((I'll gladly do that. Any kind of orders? I don't want to roleplay for you if I can avoid it, but it would be nice if you could tell me general way to do stuff for you))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: April 13, 2014, 10:07:35 am »

((Eeh, nothing specific. Just general happiness if the gub's influence happens to not stretch that far.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: April 13, 2014, 10:10:33 am »

((Okay, I'll try to not get either your or my character killed, or mind raped, or something as bad as that))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: April 13, 2014, 04:53:03 pm »

[I think the one thing that amuses me the most here is just how out of the loop Morton is with what's going on.]

Morton felt considerably calmer and happier after recovering his tea, almost feeling as if a large burden has been lifted off his shoulders. His equilibrium was restored and strengthened, ready to take on the world and its challenges again, and just in time too, considering Justine's appearance.

He was just about to greet her before being caught off guard by her final remark, mildly confused, and Scott's follow up did little to help. He knew Justine wasn't often agreeable, but to call their work abductions seemed mean spirited to the desk. "I'm afraid I'm terribly unsure what either of you mean. Mage Justine, we're to seek mages to see if they wish to consider residence here, perhaps over a nice cup of fresh tea, and to hopefully improve the poor city's state. I do hope good group Gub starts to feel happier however, perhaps I can brew some tea to help later..."

The desk trailed off and pondered the logistics of serving tea to a vague entity who's physical description he lacks, which is to say he's questioning as to if that was even possible. If Gub can read thoughts, then perhaps he can glean emotions as well, maybe taste? A round about method, the tea apostle figures, but a plausible one.

But he figures he should focus on the task at hand, and notes that his luck truly is looking up: both of the more incorporeal second-chancers are present! While he brews tea to help encourage those of the more magical inclination to join the town, he can attempt to make tea for them. And since he's recovered his flasks, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to serve them. Perhaps that will help cure the two of their choleric attitudes--along with a dash of kindness.

"No matter, it is good to see you well, good mage Justine, and I do apologize for any undue trouble in attempting to locate us."

Chat with Justine, consider logistics of giving Gub tea, be happy about upturn of luck of finding both his tea supplies and the two incorporeal second-chancers.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: April 13, 2014, 04:59:23 pm »

"Morton, do you happen to have any fast acting sedatives or tranquilisers? I believe our 'invitees' may need some very strong encouragement to be the Gub's 'guests'."

Now let's see our masters ignore that dollop of proactivity! He thinks

((I am always impressed by your write ups Xanmyral. :3))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:04:14 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: April 13, 2014, 07:01:13 pm »

[Thanks, I'm glad to hear some people are entertained by them.]

Morton was confused yet again, although with a small side order of slight appall at the suggestion. "Sir Scott, good heavens, why would we do that? That doesn't seem particularly polite, much less kind. I dare say that almost sounds a touch... Well, I'm afraid to say, rude." The desk was visibly uncomfortable using that word.

"Isn't our task to try and persuade mages to live here? I'm afraid I fail to see that being particularly long term, much less agreeable for the poor individual. I'm sure that if we explain, be polite, and are honest, things will go swimmingly. No need for such crass methods when kind words and true intentions will lead one to a better path."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: April 14, 2014, 01:52:22 am »

We aren't here because of kind words Morton. I sincerely doubt anyone would want to be in our present situation. I am particularly surprised we weren't ordered to just kill them and let art summon their souls from the nether under an unbreakable contract.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: April 14, 2014, 05:42:10 am »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund guesses in-depth planning will have to wait until they are clear of the mortal danger the gub seem to be sending his group's way.

"Yeah, just rush the heck out of this place. I'll follow you, guys, but move quickly," he says and, since Mark luckily volunteers to be party leader, grabs his hand and follows along, Art and Kevin following suit, with Sigmund himself closing his eyes when they reach any crossroads.

"Don't ask, I have issues. Just go," he says as if nobody was aware of his rather embarrassing neurosis, which they naturally are. They proceed in this vaguely awkward manner through the city of Mothdale, eventually reaching the city limits, which is where Sigmund feels confident enough to actually speak to the gub once more.

~Gub, that was strictly not necessary!~

~it most certainly was! it has gotten you moving, has it not? and if you take too long in the wilderness, we have your scent well-memorized by several independent sources now! so even if you move outside of our influence, we can still occasionally send a tracking dog or two to provide a helpful reminder that you should really be getting back to work already! so we advise you to not linger too long, yes?~

Right now the entire party seems to have run right outside the city gate, where a road leads off into the distance. A nearby signpost indicates that there is a town by the name of Eckledun about thirty kilometers westward, so they seem to be on the right track already.

In the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas informs the child through writing that he'll strive to grant whatever the child's request might be, taking into account the quality of the repairs, naturally, which will obviously be needed before any cooking can commence. The child seems to like the prospect.

"Sold!" he says, then waves his arms in the air.

[Child's magic roll: 5]

Horrible, yet highly motivating agony shoots through Niklas' body as his bones begin to realign themselves. His flesh begins to bubble, and his guts pop back in. He twitches and hisses for a long moment as new arms begin to grow out of his arm sockets, his neck slightly lengthens and repairs itself, allowing Niklas to scream terribly once more, and his abdomen looks entirely presentable now aside from the rather significant tear in his robe in that region.

"I wish for a magical lizard steak in human blood marinade, please! With sprinkles on top, ma'am! It is a Sunday, after all!" the child then asks happily.

"I like him!" Torkel says after a long silence. "I think you should be friends!"

Next to half a broken, yet still fashionable desk...

"You might want to rephrase that as 'recruitment' Madame Ghost. Our taskmasters are not in the most jovial of moods," Scott tells Justine, feeling that nomenclature makes all the difference for some people.

"Recruitment also works, yes," Justine agrees. Morton, who feels that one might call a polite request many things, but never really an abduction, weighs in on the conversation.

"I'm afraid I'm terribly unsure what either of you mean. Mage Justine, we're to seek mages to see if they wish to consider residence here, perhaps over a nice cup of fresh tea, and to hopefully improve the poor city's state. I do hope good group Gub starts to feel happier however, perhaps I can brew some tea to help later... No matter, it is good to see you well, good mage Justine, and I do apologize for any undue trouble in attempting to locate us."

"Well, that's one method of recruiting people, I suppose. Awfully deceptive, however," Justine says.

~not quite! beyond unforeseen circumstances, they should have a fairly nice experience here! it is all a matter of perspective!~

"Morton, do you happen to have any fast acting sedatives or tranquilisers? I believe our 'invitees' may need some very strong encouragement to be the Gub's 'guests'," Scott suddenly suggests, and immediately thinks ~Now let's see our masters ignore that dollop of proactivity!~, which is met with no reply from the gub.

"Sir Scott, good heavens, why would we do that? That doesn't seem particularly polite, much less kind. I dare say that almost sounds a touch... Well, I'm afraid to say, rude. Isn't our task to try and persuade mages to live here? I'm afraid I fail to see that being particularly long term, much less agreeable for the poor individual. I'm sure that if we explain, be polite, and are honest, things will go swimmingly. No need for such crass methods when kind words and true intentions will lead one to a better path," Morton replies idealistically.

"I do agree with Morton," Tailor Craig offers after remaining silent up until this point. "It seems altogether more pleasant and less complicated to simply entice people to come here with kind words and wonderful tea, to be honest."

"We aren't here because of kind words Morton. I sincerely doubt anyone would want to be in our present situation. I am particularly surprised we weren't ordered to just kill them and let art summon their souls from the nether under an unbreakable contract," Scott shoots right back, at which point the gub speak to all three of the people they can speak to.

~it disappoints us, scott, how easily you resort to violence, intimidation and skulduggery to achieve a goal! what you just relayed to morton and friends is basically the plan of your, let's be honest, rather awful friend sigmund! we thought you were better than this, scott! for shame, really! for shame! we do not see why people judge living here to be a bad thing! the pessimism is also most disheartening! we have it on good authority that convincing individuals to come here is indeed possible, and, for that matter, highly practical on a level that kidnapping is not! as morton has said, kidnapping is a crass method reserved for such barbaric individuals as your other friends!~

"Are you pretending you're not going to enslave them right now?" Justine asks in a deadpan voice.

~the fact that you call it enslavement shows a very limited understanding of the gub! it is a shame you did not retain memories of your time within us, for the experience of it would surely persuade you otherwise!~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: April 14, 2014, 06:07:27 am »

-I suppose that we can't do any thing other than keep going. *Sighs*

Begin walking to that town.

~I'm not going to get in yet another discussion with you, but I am going to say that I was going to get moving once I finished convincing Art~

EDIT:

Also check the memories of this body.

EDIT2:

Kevin also walks to that town, following the team

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: April 14, 2014, 09:40:38 am »

Head to town and start looking for the mages
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: April 14, 2014, 11:39:57 am »

Thanks, kid! Would there happen to be magical lizards in the basement?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: April 14, 2014, 12:35:00 pm »

Thanks, kid! Would there happen to be magical lizards in the basement?

"I dunno. Maybe?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: April 14, 2014, 12:37:17 pm »

Good enough for me!

Good idea, Torkel.

Head down to the level that god - Patricius, I think? - told me about. Then go looking for that one boon he mentioned.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: April 14, 2014, 03:28:07 pm »

((I do appear to have internet connection! Technological wonders such as Wi-Fi have spread as far as the wilderness that is Normandy. Tomcosts action is fine, though.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: April 14, 2014, 03:29:00 pm »

((I do appear to have internet connection! Technological wonders such as Wi-Fi have spread as far as the wilderness that is Normandy. Tomcosts action is fine, though.))
((*Lets burden fall off shoulders*))
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 719