Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 518876 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9585 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:10 pm »

((We are most definitely a magical band. Let's see. Sigmund knows how to play the bongo, and the lute is probably mine. We should try to play something and see how Art reacts.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: April 16, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »

((Why now? Let's wait for some time))

Sigmund answers to Art:

-You can perfectly pass as a friend of us if you wish, I guess. As long as nobody here knows the former owners of these bodies, we should be fine. Sepeaking about that, I think that this vessel is called Search in my body the names from this body and those from Mark's and Kevin's and say them (making clear which name belongs to which body).

Edit:

Also check in memories from this body the function of the enchantment (defaults to looking with my metaphysical sense)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: April 17, 2014, 02:30:56 am »

Scott distracts everyone by lighting something small but noticeable on fire.
"We should leave now and not annoy the Gub any further."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:36:09 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: April 17, 2014, 02:32:48 am »

Hmm.

Walk around looking for the boon thing with the kid in front of me. If we see any giant spiders, make fortuitous comments about how deliciously fluid-filled my companion is.
Just saying, man. Nothing to do with the spiders.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: April 17, 2014, 08:00:07 am »

Mark hands off the lute to miauw and tries out the bongo looking through this body's memories for some traveling music as the group continues down the read
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: April 17, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »

((I think that I know why was the Gub created in first place:

Spoiler: Theory (click to show/hide)

So, any thoughts?))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: April 17, 2014, 12:54:49 pm »

((Use the Mages to magically deconstruct the Gub? I presume it is the collective souls of the city.))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: April 17, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »

((Use the Mages to magically deconstruct the Gub? I presume it is the collective souls of the city.))
((What? I said that it was created by someone in the BLack Circle of Magic to collect souls so that they could be sold to a demon))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:24 pm »

[Haha, time for diplomacy.]

"No, I'm afraid I haven't guessed as much, good mage Justine." Morton said reticently, pondering this new information. It most certainly did not sound like a nice thing, much less a kind thing, to cause to someone unaware of such a fate, and he's not sure if many would be up for such an offer if presented. Frankly, the desk could understand. Perhaps he could try to see if he could change Gub's minds?

"Good group Gub, if I may perhaps offer some possible perspective? Most I know would fear such an action, many tend to be most appreciative and treasure the freedom of mind and body, to be given and maintain autonomy. I fear this may cause Mothdale to become a place to avoid than to flock to, sadly, once word were to get out. Good group Gub, I dearly believe that with your gifts and talents you could have this city become a center of safety and opportunity, a true, genuine gem. Those who have skills you wish to learn could teach you, and aid you in building a city to truly be a marvel, in exchange for stay and new chances, to make a new start."

Getting on a roll, the desk continued, his mind working to lay out his argument mere moments before he speaks. "Perhaps a middle ground could be reached, if you truly wish to have others become one with you, but I'm afraid I must preface this with a question. How does the passage of time affect one such as you, good group Gub? If age truly wears you not, such is not the same on those who would live within this prospective city. Perhaps if one were to pass, they could possibly become one with you instead of passing on? I imagine that may be much more palatable to those whom may wish to live here."

All the desk could do was hope that Gub would consider his point of view.

Diplomacy!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: April 18, 2014, 02:19:16 am »

((What? I said that it was created by someone in the BLack Circle of Magic to collect souls so that they could be sold to a demon))
((But how else are you going to create a Hive-mind like entity without using thousands of people?))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: April 18, 2014, 07:57:06 am »

((But how else are you going to create a Hive-mind like entity without using thousands of people?))
((It started using animal souls I think. There is a relation between the Gub and the Gub-Gub (mentioned as an animal with a reproduction cicle in some part of the previous chapter))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: April 19, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »

"Well... What are you teaching me, exactly?"
Follow. Carefully.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: April 20, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »

Outside the town of Eckledun...

Sigmund figures there's no need to particularly rush. After all, they seem to be in no danger presently.

"You can perfectly pass as a friend of us if you wish, I guess. As long as nobody here knows the former owners of these bodies, we should be fine. Speaking about that, I think that this vessel is called Bertha," he tells Art, pointing at himself. "And that over there is Gertrude," he says, pointing at Mark. "And that one over there is Lisbet," he indicates Kevin.

"Well, I guess. Not like I'd have a better explanation for being around town than that," Art says, shrugging. Sigmund, meanwhile, tries to find out what the enchantments on their collective instruments might be - his available memories, when compared with an empirical examination, seem to be misleading - the instruments appear to be magically tuned, if that makes sense. The sound they make appears to be magically altered in a way that doesn't make too much sense to Sigmund. But it does seem like the enchantments on all three instruments are similar - not the same, but similar. Maybe their sound has some emergent property?

The next few minutes are spent as the others look at Mark playing the bongo after he hands the lute to Kevin  - he doesn't seem to be very good at it, strangely enough. And yet it is a bit fascinating to hear the tones it produces, even though the inexpert playing and slight lack of enthusiasm does impact the quality of the sound.

Somewhere in Mothdale...

Scott thinks that maybe one should not ask too many questions of the gub. After all, the gub tend to be... peevish if one asks too many questions. Or so Scott surmises, at least. And peevish gub are truly in nobody's best interest, are they? Following that train of thought, he decides that what the people around here need is a distraction.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 2]

He begins to think about what sort of small, unimportant thing would be most appropriate for a bit of spontaneous combustion. The obvious answer is himself, but Scott doesn't really like that answer. He feels he has been on fire for quite long enough, thank you very much. And as he considers the various alternatives (there are few - a wandering cat here and a pile of trash there, you know), he suddenly realizes that he has utterly failed to prevent Morton from attempting that most dangerous of endeavors, diplomacy with the gub.

"Good group Gub, if I may perhaps offer some possible perspective? Most I know would fear such an action, many tend to be most appreciative and treasure the freedom of mind and body, to be given and maintain autonomy. I fear this may cause Mothdale to become a place to avoid than to flock to, sadly, once word were to get out. Good group Gub, I dearly believe that with your gifts and talents you could have this city become a center of safety and opportunity, a true, genuine gem. Those who have skills you wish to learn could teach you, and aid you in building a city to truly be a marvel, in exchange for stay and new chances, to make a new start. Perhaps a middle ground could be reached, if you truly wish to have others become one with you, but I'm afraid I must preface this with a question. How does the passage of time affect one such as you, good group Gub? If age truly wears you not, such is not the same on those who would live within this prospective city. Perhaps if one were to pass, they could possibly become one with you instead of passing on? I imagine that may be much more palatable to those whom may wish to live here."

~all of those sound like very reasonable ideas, morton! we will do our best to put them into practice!~ the gub says. That went quite well, Morton supposes.

At the Temple of Automaton Worship...

Darren begins to feel a little nervous.

"Well... What are you teaching me, exactly?" he asks cautiously as he follows his friend to the altar.

"I'm not going to be teaching you so much as we'll both learn exciting things about each other," the ghost says as he floats over to the altar. "You've got any preferences, friend? Any particular shape I should take to get you going? I guess that's still an important thing, right?"

"This should be quite interesting to watch," the statue notes without inflection, looming over the altar as Darren and his friend reach it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: April 20, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »

-Well, we know at least who we are, so we should at least try to do something, right?- He/she said as he/she walked a bit towards the town-The reinforced buildings look odd. Almost like if this place were some kind of point of usual conflict. The camps outside make me think of some kind of plague or illness here. Hmm, maybe we should check them before going inside the town.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: April 20, 2014, 03:49:57 pm »

"Well, the only way to find out is try!"
Start playing my instrument.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 719