Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 513534 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9975 on: July 31, 2014, 07:40:13 am »

Scott will look out the tent and scan for approaching death and destruction.

Your worst nightmares have not gained flesh and begun to terrorize the living and the dead. Yet.

"Uh. Hi."

The figure snaps to look at you. That is, its body snaps toward you. It begins to approach you silently, arms open wide. Your sense of foreboding rapidly increases.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: July 31, 2014, 08:52:18 am »

Sit on top of tent and look around.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: July 31, 2014, 08:57:35 am »

((page 666. SPOOKY))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: August 01, 2014, 12:33:11 am »

While Morton couldn't argument with Justine's alternative, he felt they should at least attempt. "If we leave however, good mage Justine, we may never know more. Should we sadly find ourselves remiss of information despite our attempts, I wouldn't be opposed to another town, although I would feel rather sad for our inability to redress the refugees. We lack information, I fear, and such may be as easily gained as a pleasant conversation, or perhaps only to meet hostility instead."

"We wouldn't know unless we tried, and I only wish to attempt. Should our findings be fruitless, then I will not obstruct any endeavor to move on. Perhaps they just wrongly misjudge our wishes in this situation, thinking us to be simply looking for mages when we seek a remedy to this sad situation, one that they might seek as well. We've heard and guessed of their possibly suspect intentions, but we do not truly know it."

While the demonic desk bartered with the ghostly mage, he watched Scott float up to the tent, and was mildly curious as to if he could change his elevation. Something to try later, but as for the moment he was preoccupied.

Continue to debate with Justine!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: August 01, 2014, 02:44:38 am »

"U-Uh, how you doing?"
Back up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: August 01, 2014, 06:22:34 am »

Timothy staggered as the magi-booze hit his system. Or, rather, he bobbed unsteadily to one side through the air.
He panicked a little as he turned a slow, woozy circle about the room- he was drunk! He hadn't felt such a sensation for a long time, but nevertheless he was sure he was quite badly drunk as well!
This was just how all his problems had began, he shouldn't be drinking, it was how he'd ended up-- oh hey, that sweet little thing over there was looking his way! Time to give 'er a taste of the good ol' Amscray charm, yes indeed, see if he still had it.
Reservations forgotten, the young ghost sets off determinedly with a ghastly attempt at a suave grin on his face, floating his way clumsily towards the ghost-babe looking his way, doubtless phasing through a few tables and chair legs as he goes.

Go chat up the ghost-lady looking at me! Ask her what a girl like her is doin' in a place like this.
Try not to fly off-course as I go over to her, or to slur too much while I speak.
Like that's going to happen...
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:15 pm »

((Well, I think that I have taken enough time off to justify the amount of consecutive actions I posted, so I think that I will post another one (I have internet access here after all!)))

When dealing with more dangers of something you know, answer with something you already know how to do! Actually, Sigmund can't think of many things to do when under pressure. This means, holes, many holes!

Make the stone recede around me! Do not affect my pillar.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: August 04, 2014, 11:07:53 am »

In the guest wing of Castle Fenton...

Niklas politely affirms that he, being a Northerner, has never in his life needed a fork or a knife in order to devour things, which suits Lifeboy just fine, and digs into the tumorsteak right in front of him, flying face-first into it and chewing in a very audible manner.

The first important fact he discovers is that this thing is delicious. Almost incredibly so. Maybe he should eat tumors more often, he thinks. Or maybe Lifeboy's just that good. Whatever the case, the food fills a hole, and Lifeboy freely joins in on the meal. The two of them manage to eventually finish the delectable tumor, at which point a profound sleepiness descends on both of them.

"Ah, time to go to bed! There is much ambassing that will probably need doing tomorrow!" he says, and shuffles off into one of the middle rooms. "Say! This room is rather decent!"

Deep, deep underground...

Feeling safe on his precipice, Kevin decides to rest to let the brokenness of his legs feel a little less painful than it is right now. So he huffs, groans and puffs as he gets into a more comfortable position, settling his broken legs as painlessly as possible. This makes the universe feel exponentially happier for the time being, so he just relaxes. This he does for a period of a few hours until something suddenly touches his legs - some sort of creature with sharp claws, it seems, making slight tapping sounds as it skitters around Kevin.

He tries to remember what the proper protocol was in this kind of situation - flipping out to get it off or remaining motionless to let it lose interest? Does anybody know? Has this happened to anyone like him before? Or is this a completely novel happening that no amount of previous life experience could have prepared him for?

At a refugee camp in Eckledun...

Scott quickly ascends upward, settling on top of a nearby tent, and regards his surroundings. For some reason, the dark refugee camp right before dawn fills him with incredible fear, partly because he can't see anything, like, there could be a frost mage hiding in a nearby tent and, guided by a diviner, she could easily freeze him into a solid block of ice, unable to move for as long as the spell is maintained, with little to no trouble at all. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There could also be necromancers in the tents waiting to rip his soul out, or transmuters currently focusing all their willpower to transform a normally stubborn bit of ectoplasm into, say, a blanket, and then laugh as it floats helplessly down to the ground.

Morton, meanwhile, engages in a spot of persuasion.

"If we leave however, good mage Justine, we may never know more. Should we sadly find ourselves remiss of information despite our attempts, I wouldn't be opposed to another town, although I would feel rather sad for our inability to redress the refugees. We lack information, I fear, and such may be as easily gained as a pleasant conversation, or perhaps only to meet hostility instead. We wouldn't know unless we tried, and I only wish to attempt. Should our findings be fruitless, then I will not obstruct any endeavor to move on. Perhaps they just wrongly misjudge our wishes in this situation, thinking us to be simply looking for mages when we seek a remedy to this sad situation, one that they might seek as well. We've heard and guessed of their possibly suspect intentions, but we do not truly know it."

"How about this," Justine offers, "me and Scott head out to seek answers either in town or from the surroundings, while you and Craig go talk to the people in the tower?"

"I would not be against such a plan, as long as it gets at least some of us moving. Thoughts, Morton?"

In an empty room inhabited by a headless ghost...

Darren decides to cautiously back away from the approaching ghost.

"U-Uh, how you doing?" he asks, but the ghost does not reply. He keeps backing away, but the feeling of being threatened only increases, right up to the moment when something completely awful is suddenly plunged into his back, a monstrous claw of some kind, and a deathly chill runs through Darren.

[Darren's will roll: 6]

He instantly twists around, only to find nothing there. Huh. And then the headless ghost hugs him from behind, which is creepy at first, but then, as a few seconds pass, makes Darren feel a tad warm inside. Double huh.

They float like this for a few minutes, Darren being unsure how to break a hug with a person like this non-awkwardly.

In Harlan's House of Hilarity and Harlotry...

Timothy, drunk far beyond his imagining, tries to make his way toward the ghost lady, which teaches him a very vital lesson to remember - ghosts do not have balance problems no matter their inebriation. Instead, drunkenness tends to manifest as a peculiar rotation of one's body, which Timothy hardly notices as he looks upon the strangely crooked ghost lady in the equally crooked room.

[Timothy's charisma roll: 4]

Now, he's not sure what exactly he's saying right now. He's not sure the lady understands what he's saying right now. And he is not even sure if what he's saying can be understood on a verbal level. But she seems to get the idea, and giggles in a distant, spirit-like manner, then asks Timothy something he doesn't quite understand.

In the kingdom of the gnomes...

Unfamiliar with these gnomish caves, Sigmund tries to give himself some breathing room via some stone manipulation.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 5]

He extends his presence all around, and in almost a perfect sphere, the stone around him recedes, sending some gnomes tumbling down its surface from the sound of it, and even blocking pretty much all of the tunnels leading to him as the displaced stone relocates itself. This, he feels, is a marvelous success like few others. And he even manages to reinforce his pillar in the process!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:32 am »

Do my legs still hurt like shit?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: August 04, 2014, 11:19:11 am »

Do my legs still hurt like shit?

You suspect they will if you move, but not particularly right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: August 04, 2014, 11:38:58 am »

Wait, but prepare to throw it off off me if it does anything suspicious.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: August 04, 2014, 12:07:32 pm »

This, this is just too good to be true! Better not to waste this opportunity. Sigmund has time to think now. That is great, for that he doesn't like to work under pressure.

Concentrate into creating a straight hole in the ceiling, towards the surface.

And I mean, concentrate, not doing that this turn. I don't want to screw all these wonderful rolls.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: August 04, 2014, 01:44:37 pm »

Pick a room at random - not the one Lifeboy's in - and investigate it, looking for signs of ... harmy stuff. Or waspgoat eggs. If none are found, then sleep on the sleeping surface it provides, remembering to leave my faceholes exposed to air.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: August 04, 2014, 04:37:26 pm »

Scott pops back into the tent.
Do you want a flyfloat-by of local layouts, positions and storage or an in-depth reconnaissance on certain buildings or people?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: August 04, 2014, 04:44:08 pm »

((Oh hey, it's page 666! :D The various demons involved in the game shall doubtless be pleased.))

Timothy grins his best most handsomest grin and, not to be outdone, answers her right back!
After all, not like she could understand what he was saying, so why couldn't he pull the same trick?

>Guess what it is she's saying (perhaps she's asking how long I've been in town? Whereabouts I'm from? Or maybe what hair products I use?) and respond, in an appropriately charming and flirtatious manner. Try and rotate myself right-way-up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 719