Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542803 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3975 on: April 10, 2013, 06:50:06 am »

In the exploded streets of Emlocke...

Mark lets go of the woman and looks for some charcoal.

Considering that the area around here has been burnt, then exploded, this isn't terribly difficult. Also, the fellow that just escaped seems to have dropped a book of some kind, supplying the perfect material to write on as well.

As he searches, the woman turns back to the conspicuous absence of her intended victim.

"Damnation, he escaped! Well, only one thing to do now."

She kneels down and goes quiet, putting her palms together and bowing her head. Seconds later, she gets up and starts to run in the direction the robed guy went!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: April 10, 2013, 08:27:59 am »

follow she seems to be nice in touch with the gods and probalby a virgin

a good offering
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: April 10, 2013, 09:15:44 am »

Mark tries to follow the armored woman!

[Armored Lady movement roll: 3]
[Mark trailing roll: 5+1]

Mark follows her expertly, managing to keep on her trail the entire way! Eventually they reach a house of some kind. The lady runs up to the door and tugs on it, then pushes on it. Hm. Locked.

She stands for a few seconds, then goes around the side. Wonder what she's going to do?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:21 am »

walk up and kick the door down then look through the house if I dont find anything look through the book
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: April 10, 2013, 10:02:56 am »

Outside a mostly unharmed house...

Mark goes back to the front door of the house and tries to kick it down!

[Homewrecking roll: 5+1]

He kicks the door into splinters, then marches right into the house! He looks around the house for a bit. Looks mostly harmless, just a- wait, is that the robed guy in the kitchen?

Why, it is! Fancy that. He looks at Mark with a frightened expression! That is, until he notices the book, at which point he looks quite relieved.

"Hey, hey, man! Gimme that book and we can work something out! Come on, before she-"

[Armored Lady homewrecking roll: 1+1+1]

There is a loud thump on the wall behind him accompanied by visible cracks appearing along its surface.

"Aw, shit, she's here!"

He looks at the wall in terror, backing away quickly from the thumping sound.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: April 10, 2013, 12:14:48 pm »

move out of the ladys way then take a look at the book if it seems magical attune it to my self using the tips I was given
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »

Inside a house inhabited by a robed man...

Ignoring the man's pleas, Mark moves out of the way of the wall, then starts to leaf through the book.

Yep, it's definitely a magical book of some kind. It's filled with physical binding spells and enchantments relating to them. So, how did it go again? "You just have to want it", he believes. Sounds like good advice to him!

[Attunement roll: 1-2]

Okay, he wants it! He wants it badly! He wants it so much he's ready to do a whole lot of things!

Nothing happens. Huh. He must need to concentrate more. Yeah, that's it! Concentrate! He concentrates and concentrates, then something happens! He feels... connected to the book now! Well, his delusions told him this was the right thing to do, so he guesses he can't be too far off his mark. Heh, mark.

[Armored Lady homewrecking roll: 2+2]

A chunk of the wall is displaced by the armored woman's hammer, followed by another. She isn't quite through yet, though. The robed guy looks quite panicked.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: April 10, 2013, 01:10:10 pm »

drop the book it seams to be affecting me then watch the fight
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: April 10, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »

Inside a house slowly getting broken into by an armored woman...

Mark drops the book and takes up an optimum viewing position!

[Armored Lady homewrecking roll: 1+2]

The lady hits the wall with the hammer again, dislodging another piece. Then she stops. Meanwhile, the robed man, quickly looking about, takes a look at the book Mark just dropped.

"Oh, right! Mine!"

He runs up to Mark and grabs the book, then flips to a certain page!

[Man magic roll: 6-1]

He reads out a few words and makes very expressive hand gestures, giving Mark a familiar feeling. Physical binding. The man stares wild-eyed at him.

"Strange... the book... hm... no matter. You delay her while I make my escape! Do it now! If I am hurt, you will die, do you understand me?"

Damn it all. The man, having given his order, runs off into the next room and quietly sneaks out the front door!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: April 10, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »

run after the mage then choke him to sleep (not dead)and prvent the woman from killing him
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: April 10, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »

((How many times has Mark been bounded to another person? I mean, either by soulbinding or physical binding. This could be possibly a new record!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: April 10, 2013, 01:56:32 pm »

Inside a house recently vacated by a robed man...

Mark runs right after the robed man!

[Necromancer escape roll: 5]
[Mark pursuit roll: 2+1]

When he runs out, the dang bastard is pretty far away already. Mark's gonna have to rush to catch him!

[Necromancer escape roll: 5]
[Mark pursuit roll: 1+1]

He runs into yet another alley, then through some half-collapsed buildings, then somewhere else entirely! Mark, superior speed and tirelessness be damned, can't catch the rat bastard! Well, crap.

Looking back, he sees that the woman has broken into the house, only to find nobody within. She drops to her knees again, though she looks vaguely dissatisfied as she gets back up again.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:49 pm »

((How many times has Mark been bounded to another person? I mean, either by soulbinding or physical binding. This could be possibly a new record!))
5 one for benie three for the three mages 1 for the asshole demon and 1 for this jerk
look for any undestroyed buildings and find a blacksmith
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

Mark looks for some sort of blacksmith's shop as well as any other buildings that might be of use.

After about half an hour of looking, he finds a place - it's a blacksmith's shop! This one seems to have specialized in farming equipment, though, as that's the only thing in any sort of decent supply here.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:08 am »

melt any metal down and forge it into a halberd of great justice
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 719