Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 518136 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4215 on: April 21, 2013, 03:52:32 pm »

"Well, I suppose we're out of paper then, truly sad. I hope we can find you some in the times to come, assuredly it can't be that hard to come across." Morton keeps his hopes high. "Either sir, shall we, as they say, get a move on? The road is calling, I believe. If you have anything else pressing, I shall wait for you outside, if not however let us get to walking then." Carter opened the front door and walks over to the road, and then if Kevin follows him out there continue towards the port town at a moderate pace. If Kevin hasn't followed him, wait until Kevin is done with whatever he's doing.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: April 21, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »

Scott appraises the ships in the harbour. Looking one fine and luxurious enough for his new master.
At that thought he will stroke the sheet that was his husband longingly.
He will approach it's owner about its procurement.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:57 pm »

Sigmund took a moment to process the information. An idea, a very foul one, crossed his undead mind. He asked to the neromancer who knew about the mushroom:

So, this thing grows in places where blood has been spilled, but it isn't the true origin of it's name, isn't it? I mean, a mushroom with these properties, when eaten, would grow inside it's host and devour him, while feeding in his bodily fluids, am I right?

After this he spoke to the leading mage:
In the port there are many boats that can fulfill your desires, sir. Unfortunately, as I think that nobody here know anything about sailing, we will have to rent one, instead of taking it by force. As I don't think you have any means of generating gold, I ideated a plan to acquire it. I just wanted you to know, sir. Oh, and, before I forget, you will probably get in a ship, if I manage to get one, under the name of a Duke, a Duke's son, nephew, brother or even a bastard son. I'm just telling you in case we have to depart quickly.

Then, he went to speak to the northern chef, who was a necessary part of his plan:
Chef, I'm going to need your services. Would you be able to cook a dish and season it with this mushroom? My plan is to offer a whealthy man a wonderful dinner, and steal his stuff after he chokes to death with this mushroom. He wouldn't be able to scream, and only a big mushroom would be left in his place. it will be the perfect crime!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51:28 pm »

I like your style! Sure!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: April 21, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »

Sigmund smiled.

Then gather your spices and money if you have any. We are going to to do the shopping, unless you want to hunt your next dish.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: April 21, 2013, 05:42:16 pm »

Hold on a second.

Chop a bit of the mushroom off with one of my supersharp knives before the mages freeze it. Go along with Sigmund.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: April 21, 2013, 05:46:19 pm »

((Also look for spices, and put the mushroom in my pot))

EDIT: ask the Artiste where he wants to go by ship, as the price will change depending on distance.

Head with Niklas to the Market and look for someone who sells meat and spices. if Niklas wants to buy another thing, just let him.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »

I hope this helps Mark but I don't see how this harms me and I have an idea for a new fighting style
stand in some fire for a bit then attack with burning fists of justice
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: April 21, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »

Try and bust whatever jars he has remaining telekinetically, then flee into a wall.
((Should have gone for the whistlin' ghost blues...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: April 22, 2013, 12:58:19 am »

In the Yaleson house...

Niklas keeps showering the skeptics with his dialogue.

"Heat? Cast a cold spell."

"Sorry, none of us are in that branch of magery, either."

"Quite a pity, that."

However, before the sad lack of energy manipulators can be lamented further, Sigmund interjects!

"So, this thing grows in places where blood has been spilled, but it isn't the true origin of it's name, isn't it? I mean, a mushroom with these properties, when eaten, would grow inside it's host and devour him, while feeding in his bodily fluids, am I right?"

"Actually, no. When placed in heat and humidity, they do indeed grow, but the unfriendly climate of the human stomach is rather good at limiting its growth, particularly if it's chewed up well. If eaten raw, it may cause significant discomfort for several hours, but it is not life-threatening unless you try to just eat one whole, which would probably clog up your esophagus before even reaching the stomach. Then you really would be in trouble. The main danger of the murdercap is its spores, which will cover anyone unfortunate enough to approach it when it's truly ripe and ready to release a cloud of the stuff. And from what I know, they're very difficult to get off. And if one inhales them, they are usually pretty deadly, exploding the lungs in about an hour or so."

Sigmund nods and turns to the Artiste.

"In the port there are many boats that can fulfill your desires, sir. Unfortunately, as I think that nobody here know anything about sailing, we will have to rent one, instead of taking it by force. As I don't think you have any means of generating gold, I created a plan to acquire it. I just wanted you to know, sir. Oh, and, before I forget, you will probably get in a ship, if I manage to get one, under the name of a Duke, a Duke's son, nephew, brother or even a bastard son. I'm just telling you in case we have to depart quickly."

He scratches his chin.

"And where do you want to go, anyway?"

"Oh, an island in the Sea of Death. Horizon Isle, to be exact. And renting a boat sounds like a sound plan. I wouldn't know the difference between port, starboard and a mizzenmast, if asked. I'm sure the rest applies to us all. Well, maybe except the chef."

Niklas pays them no mind, walking up to Mark and slicing a mushroom from his body. Mark seems to have taken this rather badly, as he immediately considers immolation.

[Mark fire making roll: 5]

He grabs all sorts of junk nobody will miss from some of the dusty old rooms and constructs a handy pyre in the living room where the jester used to be. He then steps into this fire!

He quickly heats up, and mushrooms begin to grow all over his body, including his tree-face, as it rises in temperature. Some of the lower ones blacken soon enough, falling off in a short while. The others don't look quite as eager to do this, and when his tree-head starts to feel rather uncomfortable, he steps out of the fire, stumbling slowly over to the dead boar and punching it several times with two heated, mushroom-covered fists of justice!

It elicits curious gazes from the mages, but little else.

Morton and Kevin, lacking in paper, yet determined not to be put down by it, have one last chat before leaving.

"Well, I suppose we're out of paper then, truly sad. I hope we can find you some in the times to come, assuredly it can't be that hard to come across. Either sir, shall we, as they say, get a move on? The road is calling, I believe. If you have anything else pressing, I shall wait for you outside, if not, however, let us get to walking then."

Since Kevin remains silent, Morton assumes he really doesn't have anything pressing at the moment. And so they're off to a grand adventure. They wander down to Shriekpot, stopping several times along the way to appreciate the scenery like true hikers, reaching it within the hour.

Ah, delightful Shriekpot. City of wharves, city of magic!

In Shriekpot...

Scott, stroking his Gary-sheet lovingly, goes about the wharves and looks for suitably luxurious ships. Sadly, it doesn't look like luxury is a high priority in this part of the docks. There are several boats in the area, most of them low-grade cargo vessels. There is, however, also a strange-looking affair with three words emblazoned on the side in golden letters - "The Festive Pelican". Looks like a cargo vessel, but something's unusual about it.

Back in Emlocke...

Darren tries to smash the water jars of the belligerent man!

[Telekinesis roll: 4]

As the slightly blushing man draws a jar, Darren smashes it into tiny bits in his hand, covering his arm in the stuff! Oddly enough, the water burns away part of his robe sleeve, revealing a strange arm seemingly made of tiny little cubes there. Huh. Well, gotta run!

[Darren quick escape roll: 4]

Darren rapidly disappears into a wall, the dog still looking on curiously.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: April 22, 2013, 01:02:36 am »

Hand the mushroom to Sigmund and accompany him to the market, looking specifically for 1: any sort of breath mints and 2: any sort of exotic meat.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: April 22, 2013, 02:03:04 am »

Scott nears the vessel and looks for someone important who seems connected with the ship.
If non are around, he will board the vessel and continue there.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: April 22, 2013, 06:42:55 am »

((Well, lets go for plan B. We offer to cook something for a wealthy man, and we murder him, unless we find a way to release more spores. Let's see what happens now))

Sigmund felt dissapointed, his plan had a slight problem, I wasn't SO deadly. On the other hand, the new spores thing could be of help, and even be less obvious that a ginat mushroom sprouting from somebodys esophagus. While thinking this, he saw the metal skeleton covered now in more of that fungi. He had another idea.

Sigmund gets a blanket and puts it over Mark's head, says: -Don't worry, this won't hurt, much- and grabs the olde broomstick in the house and pokes the caps of the mushroom under the blanket, so that they release more spores.

EDIT: typos

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: April 22, 2013, 07:26:45 am »

In the Yaleson house...

Niklas hands his sliced mushroom to Sigmund, who then takes a broomstick and beats Mark over the back with it. However, not much is happening. Wonder why?

Or, more precisely, Sigmund would wonder, had he not been pulled away by Niklas and taken to Shriekpot, the barbarian lifting him high above himself as he runs screaming toward the town. After about twenty minutes of running, they are there, and Niklas deposits Sigmund on the ground. They then fail to locate a market of any sort, let alone one that would be open at this hour. They do find a giant dog in an alley, though. A real huge bastard of a dog, to tell the truth.

In the docks of Shriekpot...

Scott, intrigued by the Festive Pelican, goes right up to it. The sound of revelry seems to be coming from within, lots of people drinking and having fun. Not to mention that there's a door on the side.

After a look inside, Scott realizes that this must be one of those floating taverns he's heard about. Lots of sailors inside, not to mention a rather large and friendly-looking barkeep with a cadre of still larger and friendlier bouncers. Must be a popular nightlife spot.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:19 am »

((That was hilarious))

Sigmund will say (while walking backwards):
-Oh, you are a nice dog, yes, a nice dog, wouldn't you hurt someone who thinks you are nice, right?

If he can escape with Niklas, do so, if he can't, try to prevent a fight. if both things go wrong, fight him with Niklas, trying to attack him from the side. Stabbing mode enabled!
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 719