Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519165 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4635 on: May 13, 2013, 02:17:32 am »

Scott will pull out his knife and head to the source of the noise.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:13 am »

Morton will sigh, and nod. "Well, as they say, one should always hope for the best, yes? I'm sure everything will go well on this trip, monsters or no monsters." He said, although it sounded like he was more trying to convince himself than anyone around him. "But that is a bridge that will have to be crossed in the future, for now, more tea. If you would excuse me for a moment, kind mage Erin, I will return." Morton will then finish his tea if he hasn't already, and head to the kitchen to try and fetch a pitcher and fill it with tea from the still half-filled pot of tea. However, he'll probably be stopped much before that with whatever is going on in the kitchen.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:24 am »

Sigmund will hand the book to the shopkeeper, and, when he is checking the invenory, he will stab him in he throat.

((Sigmund finally is getting violent))

EDIT: don't do the previous order. Do this:

Sigmund briefly considered stabbing his problems out of existence, but he didn't want to get his hands dirty, yet. He handed back the book to the shopkeeper and when he went to check the inventories, he pretended that he had remembered that he also had separeted the other books he had stolen form the rest, with the intention to buy them too. Then he said that he was only interested in the first book he showed, as the others wouldn't provide anything useful to him. He then asked again for the price of the book on the Realm of Dreams.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:10 pm »

Outside the temple to Narcillicus...

Mark goes into the temple and prays to the Five Gods at one of the available altars.

After a quick prayer, he feels somewhat reaffirmed in his unlife, and that is rather nice, if entirely without a tangible benefit.

On the ground floor of the home of the Artiste...

Scott, drawing his knife for protection, walks into the kitchen to investigate the noise, as that most certainly wasn't the sort of roar he has heard Niklas make. Opening the door, he peers inside.

Oh, it's just Niklas engaged in mortal combat with a bear while holding an unconscious cat. Nothing unusual.

On the top floor of the Artiste's house...

Morton sighs at the world's continual tendency to not make things easy.

"Well, as they say, one should always hope for the best, yes? I'm sure everything will go well on this trip, monsters or no monsters."

"I'm sure it will, too."

"But that is a bridge that will have to be crossed in the future, for now, more tea. If you would excuse me for a moment, kind mage Erin, I will return."

Morton quickly chugs down the rest of his tea, then goes off to brave the kitchen and its suspicious noises. Passing Scott on the way, he walks right past Niklas, who seems to be busy with an ursine friend of his. As a melee begins to develop over by the stove, Morton takes a pitcher and nonchalantly fills it with the remainder of the tea from the pot. As he does this, he briefly wonders whether he should be more bothered about the fact that there's a bear in the kitchen. On one hand, it looks rather filthy and smells of many travesties, not to mention constitutes a serious hygienic and general health risk by being here. On the other hand, the same applies to Niklas as well.

In Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund considers stabbing this bookseller schmuck in the throat for his refusal to immediately name a price and ask no further questions, but decides that he is better than that. For now, anyway. He hands the book back to the man who is presumably Brenwicke.

"Let's see... Realm of Dreams. That was in the... Sea of Death section, if I remember it right... hold on."

He walks through the bookstore, taking a cursory look at the stock.

"Hm, looks like there are some books missing from the Sea of Death section. Book of maps, Realm of Dreams... hm."

Sigmund, in a motion he has mentally practiced these last few minutes, brings his palm to his face in feigned embarrassment.

"Oh, silly me, I neglected to mention that I had also stol-um, separated certain other books from the rest as well. I was thinking of buying them, but I suppose I won't after all. Here you go."

Brenwicke gives the vampire a suspicious glance, but accepts the books.

"Hm, necromancy... well."

"So, how much for the Realm of Dreams book?"

The bookseller stares at Sigmund intently for a bit, then at the book, deep in thought.

"It's a rare edition, so I'd say... 60 copper coins. Almost a unique volume, you might even say."

Sigmund considers this price. It's hardly cheap, he'd say. Would take most of his money. However, the streets are beginning to fill with people. Not to mention that Sigmund can hear someone approaching the store right now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: May 13, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »

Sigmund tried to haggle with the man:

-60 copper coins? A man offered to transport me to the Sea of Death for just a bit more that that. But, well, that book must be good anyway. I offer 50 copper coins for it.

[If he refuses to lower the price, buy it anyway.]

((Not only Sigmund is a bastard, he is a cheap bastard))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: May 13, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »

"...Again, head chief Niklas? We have guests. I believe this to be the second, or was it third, time this month you've brought a bear in here. I know you like your ingredients fresh, but there is such a thing as too fresh I'm afraid." Morton will sigh, set down the pitcher and tea. "Either way..." Morton moves behind the bear and takes a swing at its knee from behind with his fire poker. "...Where do you find all these bears anyway?"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:27:27 pm by Xanmyral »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: May 13, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »

Scott will charge the bear.

"Geddit out of my house or make it a clean job  you incompetent fool!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: May 13, 2013, 06:12:23 pm »

What? This is not a bear, it is a man! A very rude man, but a man. In fact, he doesn't need his ... voice box.

Chop out his throat!
With my sharp knife!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:40:02 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: May 13, 2013, 07:25:15 pm »

head back to the house and looks for that crazy chef he might be doing something fun
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: May 13, 2013, 07:40:37 pm »

((I find it hilarious that I somehow brought a bear into the house. This of course just makes my plan even better.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: May 13, 2013, 08:55:53 pm »

[There's a reason I mentioned this wasn't the first time you brought a bear to the house. Where you're from, the bears here are just your vikings. Your bears are probably horrifying creatures that break the sanity of whoever gazes upon it. I blame hair-o-mancy.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: May 13, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

At Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, faced with overwhelming prices the likes of which he has not seen before, tries to haggle!

"60 copper coins? A man offered to transport me to the Sea of Death for just a bit more that that. But, well, that book must be good anyway. I offer 50 copper coins for it."

"Sixty-five. This is not the sort of store you haggle at."

Well now. It appears the guards are back.

"Hey, boss! We just got back from Wallyn!"

"And how, pray tell, did it go?"

"Well... um."

The guard produces an urn. His quiet compatriot nods gravely.

"He kind of incinerated Godfrey, put him in this urn and told us to piss off."

"He sells spellbooks! Did you honestly think it would be easy to rob him?"

"Well, he was new in town! We thought he'd be easily intimidated and whatnot."

In the kitchen of the Artiste...

Morton sighs and sets down his pitcher of tea.

"...Again, head chief Niklas? We have guests. I believe this to be the second, or was it third, time this month you've brought a bear in here. I know you like your ingredients fresh, but there is such a thing as too fresh I'm afraid. Either way..."

Morton moves behind the bear and takes a swing at its knee from behind with his fire poker.

"...Where do you find all these bears anyway?"

[Morton vs. Man: 4+1 vs. 5+2-1]

Sadly, he narrowly misses the knee, as the bear seems a bit too eager to slash Niklas to bits. After Morton's given it a try and stepped aside, he moves out of the way of the charging Scott.

"Geddit out of my house or make it a clean job, you incompetent fool!"

[Scott charging roll: 3-1]

He shuffles up to the bear and tries to stab it.

[Scott vs. Man: 6+1 vs. 4+2]

He swings wildly, mostly missing the bear! However, he does seem to have nicked it a little bit in one of the legs!

[Bear endurance roll: 1+1]

It appears to be having quite a strong effect, too, rapidly necrotizing the tissues found there as the hair on the bear's leg begins to fall out, the flesh underneath turning black and unhealthy. The bear makes a sort of defensive, cowed roar as Mother Nature works its foul magic on its limb.

"What? This is not a bear, it is a man! A very rude man, but a man. In fact, he doesn't need his... voice box."

[Niklas vs. Rude Man: 4+2 vs. 6+2-1]

As he slashes at the man's throat, the man sort of shoves him away, making him miss. Man, he certainly is rude.

[Bear escape roll: 4-1]

The man nudges Scott out of the way with his muzzle and limps over to the exit door, trying to get away before something worse happens to him!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: May 13, 2013, 11:27:37 pm »

You know it's very rude to leave a man's house without trying his cooking first. Luckily I keep some samples handy.

Use extreme bad breath from that boar I ate a while ago to knock the bear unconcious.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: May 14, 2013, 12:51:51 am »

"Hm... Second time's the charm, as they say." Morton follows the bear and gives it another swing from behind with his fire poker, hoping to down it to let Niklas do whatever crazy viking food science he has planned.

[On an unrelated note, I can't believe I didn't see the correlation sooner between Scott's bio saying they had three children, and there was three undead in their employ in the manor. Clever.]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 12:57:28 am by Xanmyral »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: May 14, 2013, 02:06:18 am »

Scott will bid the bear-man goodbye.

"And stay out!"

And he will step in front of Niklas and prevent him from doing stuff to the poor bear-man.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 719