Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519772 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6195 on: July 28, 2013, 10:34:59 am »

Mark trips the first guard with a foot to the knee (Metal will brake it hopefully) then do the same to the other grab a book in each hand and run back to the boat.
(I'm just glad I didn't try to fight them still ten guards for shoplifting is really excessive.)

1) Your legs are manacled together, and your arms are manacled to them.

2) The books are gone, carried off by Officer MacDermott.

3) Officer MacDermott has left, leaving you alone with the sergeant.

4) The fact that your legs are manacled together with your arms rather impedes your ability to run or perform acrobatic feats.
I hadn't noticed that my legs were Manacled together as well
New plan leap on the sergeant (my arms arent manacled to each other so I should be able to grab his arms) and Head Butt my tree through his skull.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: July 28, 2013, 10:50:11 am »

((Sorry, for not being able to answer you, miau))

Sigmund replied to Kevin:

-I know that he has arrived to the ship, but I don't know where could he be now. Anyway, I want to ask him how is he doing wih his new arms.

Sigmund follows Kevin

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: July 28, 2013, 11:27:10 am »

"Good intentions at least means that your heart's in the right place, good Mage Erin. Accidents happen, they are just a natural causality of living, the truly important is recognizing when something wrong has happened, and then setting out trying to fix it. To fail is to live, to try again and again when met with failure is to show determination. The past has already happened, I'm afraid, there is little that I know of that can change that which has already been, one must look to the future and the now as to what can happen. As they say, of course though." The desk said as he inspected the chair more closely. "Is there any way to converse with Chef Niklas in his current state?" The desk gives the chair a nudge, to see if he can get it to at least move or something.

[Don't worry Killer, if worse comes to worse we'll try to break you out man.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: July 28, 2013, 11:29:52 am »

((We can probably pay to get a petty thief out of jail, maybe))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: July 28, 2013, 12:44:21 pm »

((Paying is boring. We have to build a trebuchet and reaquire the death mushrooms, then have a 5-day siege that ends in the prison being completely covered in death mushrooms.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: July 28, 2013, 12:53:32 pm »

Jaunt merrily to tha ship, carrier in tow.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: July 28, 2013, 02:09:37 pm »

[I was gonna suggest Wood Desk Solid action, get work in that +2 to hiding as a desk.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: July 28, 2013, 03:36:55 pm »

((We could use both plans, actually. Still, we need a way to quickly dispatch armored guards. One that preferably leaves the armor intact. Luckily, the source of fungi seems to be endless. On the other hand, we can't handle them without fear of necrosis. Well, except for Morton. We have to elaborate a plan that involves the less posssibilities of screwing things, like with that lighter Morton has, as making a fire requires no roll.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: July 28, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »

"Oh, I wish."
He leans towards her conspiratorially, as if the walls had ears, and they wanted his secret.
"The fact of the matter is, other than the standard ghost set, no magic at all. Back when I was a human, no magic, just training. That was just sleight of hand and mind tricks. I'm not a magician, just quite good at deceiving the mind. If I had real magic, I wouldn't be dead, trust me."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: July 28, 2013, 05:49:04 pm »

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin, not having time in his busy schedule to wait for Sigmund to answer him, decides to take action!

"Well, I guess I'll go find him myself, then."

Sigmund, however, has a flash of inspiration! He stops Kevin in his tracks, dramatically pausing to let the moment set in, and tells the fellow what he knows.

"I know that he has arrived to the ship, but I don't know where could he be now. Anyway, I want to ask him how is he doing with his new arms."

Dazzled at Sigmund's spectacular helpfulness, Kevin leaves wordlessly, trailed by the rubber-footed, purple-skinned vampire weirdo. Together they look throughout the crew quarters and the deck, but find no sign of their buddy. Hm. Kevin supposes that just leaves the den and kitchen - doubtful that the guy would be in the captain's quarters.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

In a desperate attempt to get out of immediate incarceration, Mark, despite his restrained state, tries to escape in the best possible way - by murdering an officer of the law! He tries to leap on the man!

[Leap: Mark vs. Guard Sergeant: 3+1-2 vs. 1]

He tries to leap at the sergeant, but only manages to awkwardly roll in front of the guy! Still, the guy seems a bit off-balance!

[Guard Sergeant balance roll: 5]

He catches himself, though, stepping over Mark unsteadily.

"What are you doing, my friend? I almost tripped over you there. I know it must be depressing to be caught like this, but you shouldn't just let yourself go like that."

Mark supposes it's probably good that that didn't work - he doesn't actually know how he would headbutt the guy, as he just realized that he doesn't actually have a neck anymore, and, once again, he is a bit too busy with the manacles to get a good swing going with the rest of his spine.

"Now, you going to come along or do I have to get out the drunk hook?"

In the den of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton keeps the positive outlook up - after all, a positive outlook keeps one's soul in its place and one's mind in one piece.

"Good intentions at least means that your heart's in the right place, good Mage Erin. Accidents happen, they are just a natural causality of living, the truly important is recognizing when something wrong has happened, and then setting out trying to fix it. To fail is to live, to try again and again when met with failure is to show determination. The past has already happened, I'm afraid, there is little that I know of that can change that which has already been, one must look to the future and the now as to what can happen. As they say, of course though."

"It's still kinda depressing to screw someone over, though. Particularly when people kinda depend on ya. I just feel like I started something here, ya know? Two people, things will never be the same between them again because of what I did. I mean, when bad stuff happens to ya, it's okay, go ahead, try again. Well, unless yer dead, then yer really past the point of caring. It's not the fact I failed, y'see, I fail all the time. Most of what I've learned's from failing. It's guilt in this case, essentially. And it's kinda difficult for a third party to alleviate guilt. I do appreciate ya tryin', though."

Hm. There might be an idea there.

"Is there any way to converse with Chef Niklas in his current state?" Morton asks, nudging the chair. It seems to rustle uneasily.

"Doubtful, unless ya know how to understand squeaks, and can do sign language by touch alone. If the guy even knows sign language or something like it. He sure doesn't have ears to hear ya with, or eyes to see ya with. Speakin' of, I probably should ask the boss if I can turn him into something else, like a squirrel or something. Or at least give him eyes and ears. I mean, damn, this is just inhumane."

Outside the Feisty Jelly...

Scott takes a short, yet unbelievably jaunty and merry trip back to the ship with Humongous Hugh, who sets the barrels handily down on the deck.

"You can take care of things from here, right?"

He seems to be expecting something from Scott at the moment.

At Karina's home...

Darren tries to dispel the idea that he might actually have any magic. Discreetly, naturally.

"Oh, I wish."

He leans towards Karina, hoping that his secrets reach no eager ears of filthy sayers of nays.

"The fact of the matter is, other than the standard ghost set, no magic at all. Back when I was a human, no magic, just training. That was just sleight of hand and mind tricks. I'm not a magician, just quite good at deceiving the mind. If I had real magic, I wouldn't be dead, trust me."

Karina nods, then looks at Darren thoughtfully for a moment.

"You see, that last bit is where I think you're wrong. If you did actually have magic, you'd probably get yourself killed faster than most. Being a mage is pretty hazardous, you know. I'm kind of glad you aren't one, to be honest. It's not as mysterious and suchlike, but it's also way less dangerous. Never get mixed up with mages, my mother always told me. Said they were dangerous. Don't I know it now," she tells him, a wizened look in her eyes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: July 28, 2013, 05:55:15 pm »

Sigmund told to Kevin, trying to help in the search for Morton:

-Erin was at the Den, and knowing Morton, he must be talking with her. He is quite talkative to be a butler, in fact.

Go to the Den

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: July 28, 2013, 06:22:14 pm »

Mark just follows the man to where every he gets taken
I also watch the landscape so I get back later.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: July 28, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »

Niklas attempts to drop the metaphorical cleaver, leaving his mind blank.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:56 pm »

Morton didn't really have much to say about the first bit. Guilt isn't something he can cheer someone up from without dismissing or trying to devalue the reason of why they feel it, which isn't... Correct, really, specially with the circumstance. It's something she has to deal with herself, he know sadly that it is something he can't help with directly without Niklas in a proper being for mediating. But he can help with the second bit, the desk thinks. "I'd be willing to help perhaps talk Master Artiste into allowing Chef Niklas at least those, for what the help would be worth. Perhaps we can reason with him, yes? I agree that the punishment is harsh, if we allow Master Artiste to regain his composure from the decision then he may be allowing for revision."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: July 29, 2013, 12:04:16 am »

Darren frowns a bit, then nods.
"Well... Yeah."
He suddenly leans forward, as if he noticing something.
"What do you mean know it now? You met a magician before?"
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 719