Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519624 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7725 on: November 17, 2013, 04:13:24 am »

-Well, for what you say, it appears that the experience is pretty different for every person. In my case, I felt a mutitude of rules inherent to the universe in general which were arranged in a kind of knot, as if they were threads. Each rule was very well detailed and had a set of sub-rules. What I did is to arrange the rules of this paper [Show paper] so that whatever is written in it is to be taken as an order upon the universe, whenever I want it to happen.

"Never heard of anything like that happening, and I've researched the subject extensively."

"You might want to be more specific with the instructions you write, though."

Unwrap bandage, point at wound repeatedly whilst getting very close to him.

"Discombobulate to others, any feasible unchanging admixture, discombobulate to yourself but freshness around yourself!"

"Once again, you should lie down, Scott. Relax. Stick something in that brain-hole of yours and let your worries melt away."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:17:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:34 am »

"Ooh! Dat smells nice!"

Timothy's eyes lit up as his spectral, probably-not-really-even-as-real-as-usual nostrils sucked up a good whiff of the portal's scent. His first instinct was to fling himself bodily(?) through it, eager to get out of this place and head on towards new adventures, but then he figured maybe that wouldn't be the wisest choice.
After all, look where his impulsiveness had gotten him!

He decided to think things through. Strenuously.
Hovering back and forth before the strange rift, he heaved, strained and did his best to extend his mind in the vague direction of the familiar.

>Try and use some sort of telepathic-stuff to contact Bob, or Hansel, or that odd boss-guy who sent me on my journey, and ask whether hopping into this whole creepy portal thing is a good idea.

>If that fails and/or I get no response, peer at these strange beings and their portal, and try to judge their intentions.

>If either I get a positive answer from some telepathy, or (if that idea fails) if my sensible deductions tell me it's a good, safe idea, float slowly into the portal-thing.
Otherwise... don't.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: November 17, 2013, 07:22:35 am »

Kevin sighs.
"We just need to hurry up or those chucklefucks that call themselves guards are going to cut off a few more limbs of each of us, and I think Erin won't endure it as well as we do."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: November 17, 2013, 08:07:56 am »

-Really? So, how is that for you? Because that's the way I felt everything. It was even related to the rearranging of the harmonies of the existence, that were the rules, and the cascade event was the progressive rearranging of less important rules to more important ones.

((Now I'm puzzled))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: November 17, 2013, 08:45:20 am »

((Especially so since the Artiste was a godly accountant or so.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: November 17, 2013, 09:08:32 am »

((Exactly. For a moment I thought that the process of making a focus was highly subjective, but, considering how the mages are so puzzled about what Sigmund did, I'm leaning towards thinking that I got a weird roll back when I felt the universe))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: November 17, 2013, 04:10:35 pm »

Scott will smack his head against the nearest wall , then trawl the shipfor Erin.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: November 17, 2013, 04:36:14 pm »

In Helsvar's village...

Niklas laughs (or at least chitters) maniacally and begins to wander aimlessly. He soon finds a mighty spruce man blocking his path, bristling with spruce cones and sharp green needles.

"You there!" it bellows at Niklas. "Are you the Chosen Rodent?"

At the site of Niklas' melting...

Emotions are in full swing as the unsettled Kevin and the more calm Morton instruct Erin.

"That's what I fucking said. Make him into a goddamn ball and roll him away before the guards come to beat us up even more!"

"Now now, good jester Kevin, there's no need to get angry. I know the situation is dire, but we must keep our heads as best we can. I'm afraid that I'm not sure how well turning chef Niklas into a ball will help in getting him away from the heat, I'm not sure the floor is tilted enough to generate enough movement, nor how we could perhaps control his movement afterwards. I can only imagine that he must be hot enough that if we were to touch him, we may combust. I have a pot that may contain him, however," Morton mediates, hoping to prevent things from getting out of hand. "If we must get good sir Captain, we must hurry as fast as we can. I fear we shouldn't take anymore time, a spectacle is being made of the scene now and I fear that will not abate given a few minutes. But perhaps there is merit in what good jester Kevin says, can you perhaps shape chef Niklas into a ball and give the ground under him direction? Just enough to get him going, then perhaps I can scoop him into my the pot and we can leave the rest to be done on the ship," he continues, showing off his sweet pot to his companions. "If not, then we must hurry to go get captain before any more time passes."

"We just need to hurry up or those chucklefucks that call themselves guards are going to cut off a few more limbs of each of us, and I think Erin won't endure it as well as we do."

"I guess I can try that, yeah. Less complex than makin' brains, that's for sure."

She turns once again to the pile of molten metal and concentrates. The slag bubbles for a moment, then shrinks, reshaping itself into a red-hot solid sphere about the size of a human torso.

"Okay, and now the next step..."

She squints her eyes a little, but nothing else of note happens.

"Semi-molten rock's pretty difficult to work with. Not sure exactly what it's made of - stone is real variable that way. But maybe..."

Suddenly, a large chunk of the sphere that is the chef's current form just up and disappears, like something just took a large bite out of it, giving the thing a look that resembles the crescent moon just a little.

"Whoops. Didn't mean for that to happen. I get real erratic in the mornings, sorry."

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund is put off by this new information. What could it mean?

"Really? So, how is that for you? Because that's the way I felt everything. It was even related to the rearranging of the harmonies of the existence, that were the rules, and the cascade event was the progressive rearranging of less important rules to more important ones."

"Classic effort of will, helped by chants and a reasonably good approximation of what I wanted my focus to do - same as how it is for most people that know what they're doing. Didn't have anything to do with outright rules or anything - haven't even heard of such a thing."

"It reminds me of something, actually. Did you happen to see any rules for souls?"

Scott, meanwhile, tries to do a favor to the fabric of society and goes to smack his head against a wall.

[Scott's endurance roll: 1]

It turns out that bashing your broken skull against a wall isn't actually a good idea! Who knew? Certainly not Scott, whose brain is now more exposed and filled with jagged skull fragments than ever.

[Scott's will roll: 4]

He doesn't particularly mind, though. He doesn't even remember what exactly it was he did, which is all you can really ask for in cases of severe brain trauma. He just goes to look for whatsherface instead rather than dwell on the unsettlingly soft and fragmentary nature of his skull. It takes him a while, but he believes he's found her - her hair is really messy and a different color than he remembers, not to mention she's lost a bit of weight, but Scott stands by his results. He blocks her way as she tries to make her way to do something doubtlessly bereft of any importance to anyone.

"Would you kindly move out of the way? I am sure you have something to say that you believe is important, but I have business to conduct," she says to Scott, giving him a hard, unblinking look right in the eyes.

In Undefined Space...

"Ooh! Dat smells nice!" Timothy remarks upon the portal. However, a measure of distrust creeps into his mind. Sure, it smells real nice and looks real nice, but how can he be sure that it's not actually a horrible trap executed by horrible people? Clearly, he needs counsel.

After straining his mind for a couple of moments and finding telepathy a terribly elusive prospect, he turns to his people skills instead, looking Og and the mask-thing over cautiously. He supposes they seem okay. Not very evil at all. So he supposes he can trust them. And the portal does smell nice. Nothing to it, then! Into the portal he goes, diving headfirst into fresh, new adventure. There is a moment where he feels turned inside-out, but it quickly subsides as he looks around. This place looks like a sort of idealized version of the mortal world - a sort of small, idyllic village, except it feels more... saturated. The colors are brighter, the smells are nicer, the sun itself seems to shine at him more pleasantly, and the birds chirp wonderfully enough that an inattentive enough listener might in fact confuse the noise for actual music. It reminds Timothy of something, but he can't quite pinpoint what that might be.

This is mostly because, before he can process the whole thing fully, a creature appears next to him suddenly and without warning - a rather androgynous thing, tall and dressed impeccably, with golden hair and a bright smile. It looks at him joyfully, and suddenly Timothy is surrounded by a crowd of beautiful, yet somehow... unusual men and women, who regard him with no small measure of amusement.

"HELLO, MORTAL!" the voice of the creature booms at him. "WELCOME TO THE REALM OF LOVE! I GET THE FEELING THAT YOU AND I WILL BE THE BEST OF... HM. YOU SEEM TO BE CHAINED TO A DEAD MAN, SIR! ARE YOU AWARE OF THIS?" the creature begins, then suddenly takes on a less official tone, looking at Timothy skeptically.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7733 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:45 pm »

There's no way in heck I'll ever get to play this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: November 17, 2013, 04:41:28 pm »

I have been lazy on the player murdering lately, haven't I?

Not to worry, the death toll should pick up soon enough. Maybe when these dudes leave the town.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:47:57 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: November 17, 2013, 04:44:29 pm »

((Ohgodwat))

I know not! How would I know if I were the Chosen Rodent?

((If this is really Niklas' subconscious like I think it is, I wonder what other terrible horrors are hidden within?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: November 17, 2013, 06:01:36 pm »

((Well, definitely, Scott's brain has suffered enough))

-Oh, yes, Master! There was the rule about how every soul leaves it's vessel after death, the rule about how souls can't alter the reality through will, and an unbeliabably huge list of souls, which was pretty dull in its content. I modified the rule about my own soul in the set of rules in the paper so that it allowed me to influence reality through whatever was written in the paper.

I have been lazy on the player murdering lately, haven't I?

Not to worry, the death toll should pick up soon enough. Maybe when these dudes leave the town.
((We have almost died several times due to our own stupidity, I can't imagine how quickly will things go south when we get to the Sea of Death))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: November 17, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »

"I'm sure it's alright, good mage Erin, the shape he was in prior was too large to fit in the pot anyhow. Whenever you're ready." Morton relayed to Erin in a calm tone, his two hands holding the handles on the pot as he was ready for whatever she was about to do. Hopefully chef Niklas wasn't in that bit that vanished.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: November 18, 2013, 12:39:34 am »

(I would be able to fix everyone's missing limbs as soon as the blacksmith is done with me)

Progress check on my repairs
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: November 18, 2013, 04:42:13 am »

Scott will point to his head and put on a sardonic expression.

"I kinda need some care, love."

((I think this person may in fact kill me. :c))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:44:23 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 719