Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519490 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8175 on: January 02, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »

Telling others of your terrible crimes against the law, humanity, and the very fabric of reality itself?  That's how I break the ice when meeting new people too!
Also siggy
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8176 on: January 03, 2014, 12:15:55 am »

Yay!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:37 am »

His statement made, Scott will leg it back into the safe authoritative arms of his master.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: January 03, 2014, 05:11:27 am »

Well... She's pet them, and she's fine. Physically.
Pet one. Carefully.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: January 03, 2014, 06:11:19 am »

Kevin takes the ring and puts it on, then turns the knob.
"Thanks. Can I keep this?"
He then continues the story:
"Well, my friends got arrested and had various limbs cut off, but that got fixed too. We sort of gave up.
Anyway, enough about me, it looks like you guys have an interesting story too. I wonder what brings such an attractive lady to this town?"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:10:42 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: January 03, 2014, 09:08:00 am »

Kevin takes the ring and puts it on, then turns the knob.
"Thanks. Can I keep this?"

You put the ring on and turn the knob about halfway. The room begins to swim before your very eyes, and the world seems like a much happier, friendlier place all of a sudden. You're glad you're sitting down, because you're definitely not sure of your current ability to walk in a straight line.

"Feel free to keep it and use it to your heart's content, my good man! I'm happy to spread the love, you know."

"At least right now you are, anyway."

He then continues the story:
"Well, my friends got arrested and had various limbs cut off, but that got fixed too. We sort of gave up.
Anyway, enough about me, it looks like you guys have an interesting story too. I wonder what brings such an attractive lady to this town?"

Lizzie laughs at that last remark.

"I'd say the ring's working, Stephen, because I've been called a great many things in my life, but never 'attractive'."

"Oh, come now. He didn't turn it that far."

"Well, I'm flattered nevertheless. As for our story, we're wizards, so to speak!"

"Great and powerful wizards from fantastic worlds beyond human experience!"

"That first bit, anyway. We're mostly in magic, but also in politics a little, and it just so happens that we got some amazing news!"

"Maybe not amazing, exactly, but pretty good as far as news go. Fun news."

"Long story short, somebody we didn't like kicked the bucket at long last, and I and Stephen both decided to celebrate. Those two others over there we took along as retainers - more a matter of etiquette, really, though they turned out to be real funny sorts along the way, so it all worked out very nicely. And Shriekpot was close by, plus it has this wonderful mixture of backwoods quaintness and Circle-inspired strangeness that I absolutely adore."

"Charming little city, really."

"Why, I've met no fewer than five delightfully quirky individuals over the course of the last four hours, and I wasn't even looking! Love this town, and love the people here. Do you live in Shriekpot, Kevin? What do you think about the place?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:22 am »

"I come from a house not too far off. All undead soulbound to some necromancer guy who made his own husband into a zombie! Boring as hell though. Then this guy who calls himself the Artiste comes along with a skeleton that has a tree for a head, a bunch of wizards and a dodgy vampire guy, soulbinds us all, and then one of the wizards turns the necromancer into a blanket."

"The master says we'll be leaving soon, though. We're going to Horizon Isle or something. We found some sort of ship along the docks with a crazy old ghost captain. I'd much rather stay here, although the guards probably disagree."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: January 03, 2014, 11:05:19 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Morton, after spending a moment considering whether the Artiste's current condition warrants a special sort of tea, decides that it probably does and trundles over to the man to ask if he, by any chance, isn't allergic to anything else.

"Good Master Artiste, are you perhaps allergic to anything else? I believe I can perhaps brew you a tea to help fight your suffering, nature's natural remedies tend to work wonders, I've found."

The Artiste, whose eyes seem to be watering a little, scratches his chin thoughtfully.

"Well, I think I'm allergic to other things as well. Like mint, for instance. Pollen, I think. A whole host of herbs as well. Really, the symptoms seem to be passing right now, so there's no real need for any herbal teas. My throat hardly even itches right now, honestly."

How disappointing. A small distance away from this terrible scene of refusal, Mark petitions Justine for help locating the errant crew members. He writes out a message on the deck in front of her with his writing slug, then points at it.

Where are the two we are missing?

Justine looks at the message.

"Haven't got precise information on that. The chair is presumably near where you last saw him, and the jester is out looking for him. Find one and you're likely to find the other."

Supposing that's as good a hint as any, Mark heads out to find his friends. He soon manages to locate his chair buddy, who seems to currently be fighting a bleeding man.

While Mark locates his quarry, Sigmund tries to stop the random air flows around his location.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 5]

The air flow mostly stops - Sigmund can still feel little breezes blowing toward him and hear little whooshing noises all around him - clearly, something is getting mixed up here.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas is rather angry. His chair friend has been murdered horribly! And someone's responsible! Someone currently at a slight disadvantage!

"FOUL MEATFLESH I WAS GOING TO USE THAT!"

[Niklas vs. Chair-Hater: 3-2 vs. 5+1-1-1]

However, a martial arts genius Niklas certainly is not, as he leaps right over the man, who then uses the chair as both a support for getting up and an outlet for his pent-up rage.

[Throw: Chair-Hater vs. Niklas: 4+1+1 vs. 4]

He lifts Niklas off the ground and throws him across the street, bellowing with frustration. This time, Niklas merely slides to a stop on the ground, not hitting anything particularly hard on the way. It's still unpleasant, though.

Mark, meanwhile, wonders whether it's best to just grab Niklas and go or to stab the frustrated chair person and risk potential escalation.

Near a rather dangerous grease fire...

Scott, supposing that the barrel itself is enough of a statement to the owners of the ship, quickly vacates the premises and returns to his home - the Second Shank! There he finds that little has changed aside from the Artiste looking a little better than before and Mark being missing. Hm.

In an artifact weapon-pet store...

Darren, hoping that he won't regret this decision, picks a particular maybe-sculpture-maybe-pet - a rabbit made of bone-white, glowing bolts - and pets it.

[Darren's carefulness roll: 4]

He feels the tip of one of the bolts nearly pierce into his ectoplasmic flesh - it's almost like the bolts were pulling him toward themselves. He pulls his hand back slowly, hoping that the pet store lady is satisfied.

"See? Very lovely and cute pets, no? This one is a bargain - only five hundred quicksilvers, yes?"

Darren's not sure how much that is, honestly.

Inside the Webbed Toe...

Kevin, now feeling nice and drunk, elaborates on his unlife story.

"I come from a house not too far off. All undead soulbound to some necromancer guy who made his own husband into a zombie! Boring as hell though. Then this guy who calls himself the Artiste comes along with a skeleton that has a tree for a head, a bunch of wizards and a dodgy vampire guy, soulbinds us all, and then one of the wizards turns the necromancer into a blanket."

Kevin pauses. It sounds kind of silly when put like that.

"The master says we'll be leaving soon, though. We're going to Horizon Isle or something. We found some sort of ship along the docks with a crazy old ghost captain. I'd much rather stay here, although the guards probably disagree."

"What a terribly pretentious name your master has."

"May be fitting for someone who can undo a binding of a soul. But that's something to look into later, really. As is the prospect of turning one of my own enemies into a blanket - remind me to consider that, Stephen."

"Only if you record the event!"

"Naturally! I might even gift you the lucky person. That'll result in a good night's sleep, I'm sure."

"Maybe turn another one into a pair of undergarments and gift it to somebody you hate!"

"Truly, the sky is the limit, heh! Anyway, Kevin, I heard you mention a dodgy vampire fellow. Is he the real deal? Panics at intersections, can't go into houses uninvited?"

"Upchucks at the smell of garlic or roses? Is petrified by pentacles?"

"Those vampire people are so cute! I have one as a retainer, and he just breaks down, curls up and starts crying blood whenever he reaches a fork in the road. What a card!"

"It's also funny if you conjure sunlight at them. Particularly in the middle of the night. I tell you, I've heard one shriek like a little girl when I did that."

"Most prankable sentient creature currently around by a good country mile. Messing with them simply never gets old!"

Kevin wonders how hilarious it would be to fill a bucket with, like, garlic and set it above a door. He can't imagine Sigmund's reaction, but he bets it'd be really funny.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: January 03, 2014, 11:14:56 am »

((I can't believe how I haven't got a single one while casting these spells. The RNG wants Sigmund to become a mage! Or die horribly when he is not expecting so))

Attempt to stop air flow again ((because clearly a 5 doesn't stop a 6)).
Repel air from myself if the former spell is successful.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: January 03, 2014, 12:59:32 pm »

((I'm coming for you, Tomcost.))
"Probably, he went through the portal too. I'll try showing him a pentacle, with this portal thingie on my back."
Kevin turns around and tries to make a pentacle appear on the screen on his back and not fall over in the process.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: January 03, 2014, 01:07:39 pm »

((I'm coming for you, Tomcost.))
"Probably, he went through the portal too. I'll try showing him a pentacle, with this portal thingie on my back."
Kevin turns around and tries to make a pentacle appear on the screen on his back and not fall over in the process.

You get up from your seat unsteadily, then turn your back to Lizzie and Stephen, who watch with interest. The screen, which you seem to have forgotten can be extended like a banner, seems to respond to your thoughts, and though you can't really see it, you know that an image of a pentacle has appeared on it.

"You have a screen on your back! Didn't expect that! And you can even project things on it!"

"Quite impressive! Can you do moving images with it?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: January 03, 2014, 01:09:40 pm »

"Uh... Maybe."
Try to project some random moving images on it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: January 03, 2014, 01:25:42 pm »

"Uh... Maybe."
Try to project some random moving images on it.

You try to think of random moving images and project them on the screen. Sadly, though, being drunk does not do much for your imagination. You can't rightly think of a single, concrete thing.

"Well? Anything?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: January 03, 2014, 01:30:01 pm »

Think of a man walking to a house

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 719