Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 513499 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8190 on: January 03, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »

"I have sent a stern reply to those whos produced poisoned you sir. However, i would like to be informed on any other health issue you have, just to avoid further embarrassments on my part.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: January 03, 2014, 06:37:25 pm »

Think of a man walking to a house

You think of this, and it miraculously shows up on your screen!

"Ah, there we go!"

"It's even in color! Definitely quite a wonderful little device. I should get one like it for one of my minions."

"I have sent a stern reply to those whos produced poisoned you sir. However, i would like to be informed on any other health issue you have, just to avoid further embarrassments on my part.

"Uh... good, I guess? And I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to a lot of stuff. Pollen, honey, lots of different herbs - not exactly sure which ones, but a whole bunch. So as long as you don't give me any of those, I should be fine."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: January 03, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

Oh well. While the desk is a bit put off at having tea be turned down, he supposes he can understand if said tea would make him allergic. Artiste is quite the allergic fella, it seems. Must of been a city dweller, they always seem to be allergic to every natural thing under the sun.

Morton instead considers another idea. Justine is quite the surly character, but if there's one thing he knows is that tea always raises spirits and makes one more agreeable. But there in lies the problem of the mage being a ghost, and as far as he knows, they can't drink tea. Such a sad state that must be!

In fact, there's an awful lot of people who can't drink tea on the ship. Himself unfortunately included! This simply must be fixed, and Justine seems like a good person to start with as any. Now... How would one make tea able for a ghost to enjoy? Various stories enter the butler's head about various ghosts and spirits, but few helpful and mostly horribly (or hilariously, depending on one's opinion) embellished for entertainment purposes. Hm...

Art! He would know! He's still been meaning to ask him about the performance from yesterday anyhow. Ah, multitasking. Wondrous.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: January 03, 2014, 09:52:05 pm »

Mark grabs Niklas and runs to a nearby bar hoping the Niklas could use the chairs there
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: January 04, 2014, 01:19:23 am »

Mark grabs Niklas and runs to a nearby bar hoping the Niklas could use the chairs there
((But you're not even near me.
Are you?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:50 am »

((I found you last turn))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:08 am »

((How the hell did I not see that?))

RAGRSHSRAAARGARGARAA

Niklas attempts to pick Mark up and use him as a club to beat the chair hater!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:42 am »

Scott will dive into the water to find seaweed and shellfish, surely those are safe right?

xP
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: January 04, 2014, 03:40:03 am »

"Ah, wow! Quite a bargain."
Using all of his ability at showmanship, Darren makes a big show of rustling through his pockets and coming up with nothing, followed by dissapointment..
"Ah. Unfortunate. I think I may have left my wallet back on my body. I'm sorry."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: January 04, 2014, 03:47:05 am »

Scott will dive into the water to find seaweed and shellfish, surely those are safe right?

[I'd be careful for rogue death god's, one was last seen prowling under water trying to lure desks to early graves.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: January 04, 2014, 06:59:44 am »

Hence the tounge smiley...
Hopefully scott can show his amazing will and spontanious arseholery if anything unterward occurs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:58 am »

Sit down again
"Anyway, our master is some sort of divine accountant or something, so I guess he wants to earn some money with Horizon Island or something..."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: January 04, 2014, 09:56:14 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, figuring that what he clearly needs is more power, tries again to stop the flow of air in the area.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 4]

Once again, the winds do not abate and continue to swirl around Sigmund, funneling in strange ways, then repelling strangely. As Sigmund wonders what it is that keeps going wrong, he notices that Erin seems to be asking him something.

"Whatcha doing there, Sigmund?"

Morton, who is just nearby, doesn't seem to spare the wild magic happening nearby a single thought. Instead, he is entirely consumed by consideration on how to make Justine drink some tea and thus attain progress on new serving solutions for people who don't actually have any physiological needs - he's sure that someone knows something about the matter. Probably Art - he is both the most worldly and most acquainted with undead around here. And he has some additional questions for the man as well, so it's all good. With this in mind, he heads below decks to locate the necromancer, and concludes that he most definitely isn't in the cargo hold. A bit of additional seeking after that reveals that he is in the den, reading a book on divination while the Captain converses with a wall.

Back on deck, Scott guesses that, since there's nothing better to do, he might as well dive overboard and look for shellfish and seaweed - nobody's allergic to those, right? He clumsily hefts himself over the guardrail and flops into the extremely salty water once again, diving into the depths of the briny sea.

As he sinks, he notices a lobster idly swimming along the sea. It looks kind of lost, he thinks. And rather large - dog-sized, in fact. He never did like this sea - too many strange inhabitants!

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark, realizing that Niklas is up to no good as usual, tries to quickly grab the chair and get out of there already - too much time has been inefficiently utilized already, and Mark already has a whole lot of corpses to his name.

[Opposed strength: Mark vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 4]

Even though Niklas squawks, yells and growls, trying to reverse Mark's steel grip, but the skeleton is deft enough that the chef doesn't really stand a chance. Mark just picks him up and leaves as the strange man tears apart the newly-arrived chair with his bare hands, then smashes each individual fragment into many pieces meticulously.

Supposing that this fight probably arose due to chairs, Mark takes Niklas to a nearby tavern - the Webbed Toe. The place is not quite as lively as it appeared from the outside, he notices - in fact, the tavern, despite the ruckus, has only five current occupants - two women having a telekinetic fight with the available furniture and corpses, and three people having a conversation at one of the tables - a golden skeleton in a robe, a man who looks like he's stepped out of a painting and Kevin, fortuitously enough. Their voices are somewhat audible over the sound of furniture crashing and the soft hum of telekinetic interference.

"Anyway, our master is some sort of divine accountant or something, so I guess he wants to earn some money with Horizon Island or something..."

"Probably trying to go to the Realm of Dreams - not many do these days. Guess people do learn with time, huh?"

"Well, it's certainly not the wisest quest, is it? I don't know anyone who's returned from there, and many have gone."

"'Cept Lyman, maybe. He's still around."

"Him actually going is kind of apocryphal, though. He's never confirmed it. Then again, nobody's asked him."

"Seems likely that he'd be able to, anyway."

"Let's not talk about him, though. I keep getting this feeling that he's right behind me when you mention his name."

"A not unreasonable feeling, I might say!"

"Yes, quite!"

They seem to be having fun. And Kevin looks pretty happy.

In an artifact weapon-pet store...

Darren, knowing that a simple 'maybe later' probably won't suffice, tries to let the woman down easily.

"Ah, wow! Quite a bargain," he says, rustling through his pockets very much like a true vaudevillian would, but coming up with nothing, and providing an adequate expression of sadness to go with it.

"Ah. Unfortunate. I think I may have left my wallet back on my body. I'm sorry."

"But... but... you must buy one!" the woman says, laughing nervously. "They are so sad and lonely, but now you are here, and everything will be all right! You will buy a pet and will love it for the rest of your life, and then it will be happy and you will be happy! Can't you see?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: January 04, 2014, 10:02:42 am »

-I'm tryng to get used to air magic, but for some reason it appears that the air is doing all the things I have written on my focus at the same time.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: January 04, 2014, 10:16:38 am »

Mark garbs Kevin and takes both his comrades back to the ship before someone else decides to get side tracked
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 719