Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 513460 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8205 on: January 04, 2014, 10:32:12 am »

-I'm tryng to get used to air magic, but for some reason it appears that the air is doing all the things I have written on my focus at the same time.

"Can't say I know why that would be, exactly, but I do know that spellbooks typically have this setup where there's only one spell on a page. That's how they told us to write spellbooks back at uni, anyway."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:10 pm »

-One at a page? That definitely could have been something useful to know before writing all this in this piece of paper. Well, can you transmute a book for me? So that I don't need to make every sheet of paper into a focus.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: January 04, 2014, 12:11:57 pm »

-One at a page? That definitely could have been something useful to know before writing all this in this piece of paper. Well, can you transmute a book for me? So that I don't need to make every sheet of paper into a focus.

"I think that ya'll need to anyway. I remember hearing that ya can tear out a page from a spellbook and it'll work like a focus on its own. So yeah."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:10 pm »

-So, I will have to make each individual page of a book a focus to be able to use the whole book as a focus? Well, with the one spell per focus it makes a bit of sense. If it doesn't bother you much, could you make me something to fasten some sheets of paper in a kind of a book? There are plenty of them in the den, but I think that it is going to be a bit unwieldy to carry a lot of them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: January 04, 2014, 12:23:55 pm »

-So, I will have to make each individual page of a book a focus to be able to use the whole book as a focus? Well, with the one spell per focus it makes a bit of sense. If it doesn't bother you much, could you make me something to fasten some sheets of paper in a kind of a book? There are plenty of them in the den, but I think that it is going to be a bit unwieldy to carry a lot of them.

"I could make ya some needle and thread."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: January 04, 2014, 01:16:29 pm »

Kevin waves
"That skeleton guy is Mark, he's kind of an asshat and tries to dismember you then put you back togheter. That chair is probably Niklas, he can cook pretty well"
When Kevin notices that Mark tries to grab him, he says
"Hey, I'm just having some fun! It's not because you can't talk that I can't talk with these people!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: January 04, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »

* insert rabid growling*

Grab hold of all chairs in tavern. March out with my new comrades and take revenge.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:07 pm »

Scott will attempt to restrain and transport the beast on to the deck, dismembering it with his axe if he has to.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:47:07 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: January 05, 2014, 04:26:44 am »

Darren could feel the pit of his spectral stomach drop out. Of course she's insane. Why would he expect any different? Everyone is insane here, nice pet shop women included.
Ah, damn it...

"Yes, I know. It would be quite a future, this bolt-bunny and I. However, I simply have no money. No job, no home, and no way to care for such a precious creature. As much as it hurts me, I cannot purchase it in good conscience while there are so many more stable and prosperous owners for the little darling."
Vaudeville some more. If she begins to get more unstable, accept fate and get one before she gets too stabby.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: January 05, 2014, 05:54:02 am »

Of course she's insane. Why would he expect any different? Everyone is insane here, nice pet shop women included.

Bay 12 in an nut shell also siggy
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:21 am »

Inside the Webbed Toe...

Mark, knowing full well how his companions love to get themselves into extremely time-consuming trouble, tries to retrieve Kevin and leave as quickly as possible. As he runs toward the table, Kevin, the jester turns and waves at him, speaking to his new friends.

"That skeleton guy is Mark, he's kind of an asshat and tries to dismember you then put you back together. That chair is probably Niklas, he can cook pretty well."

"An asshat, you say?"

"He seems quite intent on coming over here to greet us, though."

In moments, Mark is right next to Kevin, grabbing him by the shoulder.

"Hey, I'm just having some fun! It's not because you can't talk that I can't talk with these people!"

Not listening to this crap, Mark tries to pull the drunken jester away from what to him must be absolutely charming company. However, he finds the jester to be peculiarly immovable - no effort of strength seems to have any effect on his location, strangely enough.

"Excuse me, good sir, but did you not hear the man? He clearly wishes to stay here, no?"

"Unless you really do have to go, Kevin. Do you have any urgent business, perhaps?"

Niklas, for his part, acts as civilized as you can expect him to in the situation.

"*rabid growling*"

[Opposed strength: Niklas vs. Mark: 5 vs. 3]

He then extricates himself from Mark's grip and seeks non-flying chairs to use and abuse in the name of revenge. Luckily, there's one right in front of him - he grabs hold of it. At that same moment, the chair is grabbed hold of by something else - magic!

[Niklas' strength vs. Mage-Hand 2's telekinesis: 6 vs. 4+1]

Though the pull is strong, Niklas is stronger! He growls and nearly barks as he pulls the chair away, going for the exit. The rainbow-robed woman glares at him.

"Do not steal my ammunition, chair," she warns him before getting distracted by another projectile launched by her opponent.

Before marching out, though, Niklas realizes he has no new companions and only one new chair - definitely not a great advantage when dealing with a man possessed of a monomaniacal tendency to destroy chairs. Hm. Perhaps some strategy is required.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund agrees that needle and thread could probably work if he wants to bind together a spellbook. Erin nods and proceeds to magic away.

[Erin's magic roll: 1]

As she waves her hand in an arcane fashion, though, all that materializes with the sound of rushing air is some manner of metallic sea urchin, or at least that's what it looks like to Sigmund.

"Uh... what? How'd that happen?"

In the waters below the Second Shank...

Scott, figuring his chances are pretty good against a lobster that size, tries to restrain the lobster.

[Grapple: Scott vs. Lobster: 6 vs. 6+1-1]

It almost works as he dives at the thing, but the carapace of the creature proves too slippery to get a grip on, and the lobster slips out of his grasp, swimming away at first, then beginning to circle Scott at a rather significant distance. This gives Scott the distinct impression that his new predator-prey relationship may have been... slightly redefined, a perception that is aided by the short look he got at the lobster's claws - they looked pretty dang dangerous, honestly.

In artifact weapon-pet store...

Darren, though disturbed by the way everybody around here except some nice hand-creatures is completely insane, continues to play out his routine.

"Yes, I know. It would be quite a future, this bolt-bunny and I. However, I simply have no money. No job, no home, and no way to care for such a precious creature. As much as it hurts me, I cannot purchase it in good conscience while there are so many more stable and prosperous owners for the little darling."

The lady doesn't really take it well.

"No! There are no other owners! There is nobody else! You must buy one!" she says, the tone of her voice rising. In her multitude of eyes Darren can actually spot some tears.

Uh, well... maybe he could get one, really. There couldn't be that much harm in it, right?

"... okay then, I suppose I will get one, then."

The pet shop woman, extending her hand with a grim expression, makes a familiar request.

"500 quicksilvers, please," she says with a distinct undertone of desperation.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:45 am »

"Eh, the master wants to leave soon, but besides that I don't have much to do."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: January 05, 2014, 08:50:23 am »

"Eh, the master wants to leave soon, but besides that I don't have much to do."

"Oh, he does? Is he a forgiving sort? Wouldn't want to spoil your working relationship, really. That'd just make your unlife unduly difficult."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: January 05, 2014, 09:21:30 am »

-Oh, well I guess that I will figure how to do this on my own. Thanks anyway.

Go to the cargo hold. Grab a lot of sheet of papers. Concentrate to do a massive focus creation.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 719