Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 512268 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9525 on: April 08, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

[Infrasound and sprouting arms. I am the ghost (but probably still physically vulnerable, and will-o'-the-wisp may be more accurate) desk of (mild) incandescence!]

Morton was a little disturbed by the arrival of many strange arms, but he couldn't say he wasn't delighted in the inclusion of manipulators. All he'd need is his tea supplies and things would be wonderful, really. It also doesn't seem that this floating thing is so hard after all, although even he must admit its a little bit of a let down compared to the arms, but most likely a more sociable form of conveyance.

"No, I'm not quite what I would qualify as a 'third-chancer', thankfully, I must admit it doesn't quite roll off the tongue quite as nicely as 'second-chancer.' Good tailor Craig sent me through the portal once more, and most fabulous results have ensued, as you can see." It was much quicker for the butler to readjust to a desk again, his voice taking on greater inflection to make up for his lack of facial expressions. The tea apostle noticed two arms phasing into existence, instinctive body language calling them forth, and the moment they've completed the gestures retreating back seeing as they're no longer needed.

Having addressed his ex-master, the desk turned his attention to the tailor. "I've returned, good tailor Craig, and I must say it was quite the success. The Aspect of Appeal remembered me, and restored me to a more comfortable form after expressing what appeared to be intent on fixing my missing fabulousness. After the change was done, the Aspect charged me to impress others with my new appearance and sent me on my way." Morton explained to the tailor, doing a little spin in the air to present a full view of his new form.

"I thank you again for the trip through the portal, and I hope the information is most helpful to you, good tailor Craig. I don't wish to tarry any more on good group Gub's task however, it would be dreadfully unbecoming of me. We're to search for mages in the area from what I was told, and to bring them here. I'd appreciate assistance or perhaps advice for the task, good tailor Crag, you've been wonderful help already. My guess would of been to follow a road until I reach another town, and to explain the offer over some tea perhaps."

~On that note, would you perhaps wish me to attempt to gather other such locals who may be helpful in the building of a town? Craftsmen, perhaps?~

Converse with Scott, make presence known to good tailor Craig and explain experiences, ask if he wishes to provide assistance or perhaps advice. Ask Gub if they wish for craftsmen as well as mages.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:25:32 pm by Xanmyral »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: April 08, 2014, 05:26:43 pm »

After conversing with Morton, Scott will decide to assist him in finding these mages.
He still wants his question to the Gub answered though.

As you have grown in power, is it not more efficient to create artificial workforces, if not try 'transporting' workers from other lands?
Heck, why not go legitimate and try to negotiate labour from heads of state as an equal power?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:28:43 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Hoping things won't go catastrophically wrong again, Sigmund tries to not move and relax a bit, failing badly at the latter.

~As I said, just dedicate special effort. I know that you already know all this, that's why I have been plainly talking to you and stating what I don't like, instead of just thinking about it, because that would be hypocritical and just useless, right? Anyway, I can wait, it's not like I will die of old age at some point.~

~we would not put such a silly death beyond your ilk!~

That's just uncalled for, really.

~As you are changing my body again, do you want me to leave this body in any particular place?~

~do not move, and all shall be well! or perhaps not! let's pull a little more strongly this time!~

[the gub's magic roll: 6+2]

And boy, do they make good on that - in fact, Sigmund can practically sense his slime body basically explode as his soul rockets out of it, landing in a nearby body oddly reminiscent of Kevin and Mark's bodies.

~a little too strong! but what can you do! go outside now! follow the trail of disgusting jellied viscera!~

Speaking of disgusting jellied viscera, Mark, Kevin and Art most definitely did not expect there to be so much of it flying at them suddenly!

[Mark's composure roll: 1]

Mark, by virtue of his 360 degree vision, sees the jelly guts coming quite well in advance! His reflexes kick in and he dives to the ground, feeling right clever and skillful up until the moment where his soul seems to come loose!

[Mark's will roll: 3]

He begins to twitch on the ground, missed by the disgusting jellied viscera similarly to Art, but very much unlike the most unfortunate Kevin, but nonetheless in great danger!

~oh, but you are so terribly fragile, aren't you? let's see if we can fix that! we are, as they say in your terrifyingly metaphorical language, on a roll!~

[the gub's magic roll: 5]

Mark feels unexpectedly glad at the gub's presence when his soul suddenly reaffixes itself to his body. With friends like these, how could he possibly ever feel like he is in true danger?

"So, where are we going?" Kevin, stoically bearing the fact he is covered in oddly steaming exploded cloud jelly. It kind of burns a little, he notices.

~you are questing outward! as per the artiste's direction, you will presumably find mages and bring them back here so that we may control their minds and enslave them in the service of the gub in order to use their power and to learn all their secrets! we are already dutifully copying erin's memories, but it would be wise to milk you awful people for all you are worth and possibly more!~

At the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, falling back on his old tricks, decides to get down on his disemboweled stomach and flop about bloodily and noisily until somebody decides to either help him or put him out of his misery. And despite the fact that flopping around seems to be less effective than walking, which, unlike calling out, he can totally do, he does get somewhere! A hallway! Disappointingly, though he doesn't seem to be too good at eliciting the impulses of helpfulness from his fellow man and woman.

In fact, most of them seem to pay him no mind at all, while some others shake their heads and look fairly disappointed.

In the Temple of Automaton Worship...

Darren is as polite as he can be to the statue lady.

"Ah, yes, that sounds fascinating! Absolutely riveting! But, ah, would you mind me keeping one? I have a friend, huge fan of artifacts as well, and there's one that he's heard is in this area that he has had his eyes on for a while. Is there any way I could acquire one from you?"

"You surely can keep any you like, though I am not sure where you'd put them," the statue says, and Darren, along with his friend, who seems a little disappointed, get to searching. Darren's first impulse is to look inside the altar the automatons are worshiping, and surprise, there seems to be a frightening, glowing mask of some kind in there!

"Well, that sure didn't take long."

"I found one as well," Darren's friend says from not too far away.

"Ah. You certainly seem to be good at this looting business. So, you wanted to do something with artifacts?"

In Tailor Craig's improvised workshop...

Morton decides that he has remained silently resplendent for long enough, and speaks at last.

"No, I'm not quite what I would qualify as a 'third-chancer', thankfully, I must admit it doesn't quite roll off the tongue quite as nicely as 'second-chancer.' Good tailor Craig sent me through the portal once more, and most fabulous results have ensued, as you can see," he tells Scott, gesturing with two devilish arms, then turning to Tailor Craig.

"I've returned, good tailor Craig, and I must say it was quite the success. The Aspect of Appeal remembered me, and restored me to a more comfortable form after expressing what appeared to be intent on fixing my missing fabulousness. After the change was done, the Aspect charged me to impress others with my new appearance and sent me on my way."

Tailor Craig is a bit surprised at being addressed, but seems to take Morton's change rather well on the whole.

"Ah. So it tries to recreate the first transformation, then. Interesting. Seems to have variability, too."

"I thank you again for the trip through the portal, and I hope the information is most helpful to you, good tailor Craig. I don't wish to tarry any more on good group Gub's task however, it would be dreadfully unbecoming of me. We're to search for mages in the area from what I was told, and to bring them here. I'd appreciate assistance or perhaps advice for the task, good tailor Craig, you've been wonderful help already. My guess would've been to follow a road until I reach another town, and to explain the offer over some tea perhaps."

"That's certainly an interesting task. And this city is woefully lacking in interesting opportunities. And I find your method rather pleasant and workable. I know I certainly could not say no to a wonderful bit of tea. How about I follow along and help?" Tailor Craig asks.

~On that note, would you perhaps wish me to attempt to gather other such locals who may be helpful in the building of a town? Craftsmen, perhaps?~ Morton quickly asks the gub before answering.

~if it is possible, we would not be opposed to craftsmen arriving in town! but it is not a real necessity if you bring mages!~

Scott, meanwhile, has questions of his own to ask the gub.

~As you have grown in power, is it not more efficient to create artificial workforces, if not try 'transporting' workers from other lands? Heck, why not go legitimate and try to negotiate labor from heads of state as an equal power?~

~we do not need a workforce! magic is far more valuable! and we cannot reach very far beyond the city limits!~
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:39:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: April 09, 2014, 01:38:24 pm »

"I don't know wether you know this, gub, but most individuals have a need for a bit of, well, individuality. Putting us all in bodies that look exactly the same isn't going to help that."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: April 09, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »

"I don't know wether you know this, gub, but most individuals have a need for a bit of, well, individuality. Putting us all in bodies that look exactly the same isn't going to help that."

~these bodies were functional and, more importantly, nearby! suck it up or die painfully, either is fine with us!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: April 09, 2014, 01:44:44 pm »

Suck it up, stop talking.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: April 09, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »

Nibble at ankles until someone helps me. Try to mind talk to them.

~HEY I NEED HELP YOU FESTERDS FIX ME~
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: April 09, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »

SIIIIIIGH
Aloud to the air: So if we left the city, and the others new of this and followed, you'd be stuck here alone with ever retreating influence?

Mentally: Gub, I really do suggest that you develop some sort of empathy, because your rude disregard for other beings will most assuredly leave you miserable... if not lead to your downfall.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: April 09, 2014, 10:31:51 pm »

"Yes, I owe a good friend of mine a favor. And he wants an artifact."
Go and look for crown or flowerlike things.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: April 10, 2014, 07:10:28 am »

Sigmund shook his head in surprise:

-Wow. That's exactly what I was saying, actually.

The he proceeded to examine his new body. Hmm, similar to that of the others, this means that something could actually be done in coordination with them. It is giong to be difficult indeed. Anyway, time from the show.

Check inventory and go outside. If the other's are actually outside, say, pretty loudly:

-Sigmund is back!

Then he proceeded to explain where was him aññ this time:

-As you don't know what happened with me, I was the weird worm construct made by Mark. Yes, the one that the murderous dolphin obliterated. The Gub then transfered my soul to that disgusting piece of jelly that... Is now covering your faces? Oh, that was just too much, but I can't really complain about a successful soul transferece. A pity that it was destroyed, the ability of flying could have made good synergy with wind magic. Anyway, let's ask the Gub for the exact instructions of our mission.

He then spoke to the air:
-So, do you want these spellcasters to be carried here in a good physical condition or not? Or what about if they have no body and we just carried their souls, would it still be effective? Do we need to keep their foci in perfect shape? Do yuo care if we actually tell them that they are going to "work" for an omnicient entity that can read minds?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: April 10, 2014, 07:36:47 am »

Mark sits and concentrates on seeing if there are any memory's in the body I got transferred to
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: April 10, 2014, 02:30:15 pm »

Nibble at ankles until someone helps me. Try to mind talk to them.

~HEY I NEED HELP YOU FESTERDS FIX ME~

Eventually a man is stopped by your ankle-nibbling - mostly because he seems to be bleeding terribly from it and has tripped over you in the process of escaping. He does not look very ready to help you, and you don't think you can actually talk through your mind alone.

SIIIIIIGH
Aloud to the air: So if we left the city, and the others new of this and followed, you'd be stuck here alone with ever retreating influence?

~not at all! and nobody aside from a select few can choose to leave if we do not wish it! it works very nicely!~

Mentally: Gub, I really do suggest that you develop some sort of empathy, because your rude disregard for other beings will most assuredly leave you miserable... if not lead to your downfall.[/color][/glow]

~silly scott, we do have empathy! we are perfectly aware of everyone's feelings within our sphere of influence at any given moment! we simply find the opinions of non-gub extremely limited in their perspectives! and usually non-gub have far too many frivolous complaints for us to take them seriously!~

"Yes, I owe a good friend of mine a favor. And he wants an artifact."

"Any artifact, or are you looking for something specific?"

-The Gub then transfered my soul to that disgusting piece of jelly that... Is now covering your faces?

Only Kevin's face, actually. And he seems to be lightly smoking.

Check inventory

You conclude that you have been rather thoroughly looted. Nothing of value or meaning on you, no sir!

-So, do you want these spellcasters to be carried here in a good physical condition or not? Or what about if they have no body and we just carried their souls, would it still be effective? Do we need to keep their foci in perfect shape? Do yuo care if we actually tell them that they are going to "work" for an omnicient entity that can read minds?

~we need their knowledge! as long as their minds are brought into our sphere of influence, we will subjugate them effortlessly, very much like we did with you upon your arrival! then all their knowledge shall be ours!~

Mark sits and concentrates on seeing if there are any memory's in the body I got transferred to

There are plenty, actually! A whole lifetime's worth, in fact. Reasonably happy childhood with two sisters, somewhat troubled teenage years, total failure to become a mage, a subsequent escape with two equally untalented sisters, discovery of a rather interesting talent for music, wanderings through the world, playing music, many romantic entanglements along the way, nothing too extraordinary beyond the gift of three magical instruments of great power from a former enchantment instructor. The memories suddenly cease upon arrival in Mothdale. Any specific inquiries?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: April 10, 2014, 02:35:27 pm »

Try to write a message in my blood asking for help.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: April 10, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »

"AAAAAAAAAAA GET IT OFF ME"
Locate a piece of cloth or, in abscence of that, Mark and clean myself with it.
((I feel like it would be a great idea to read the turns a little better >.>))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:41:11 pm by miauw62 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: April 10, 2014, 02:49:02 pm »

Try to write a message in my blood asking for help.

You write out a statement encapsulating and articulating your feelings and needs at the moment.

It reads "ARGLEBLARGFLCHAIRGURGLEILLKILLYOUALLunlessyouhelp"

For some reason, it doesn't seem very effective at conveying your need for help. Perhaps more colorful threats are needed?
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 719