Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 519710 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9960 on: July 27, 2014, 09:33:02 am »

Niklas is already outside the door of the room, prepared to slam it shut if needed.

Of course, of course!
What are you making?

"Tumorsteak! The best kind of steak, I am told!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: July 27, 2014, 09:50:13 am »

Niklas closes the door even more, so that it's only open enough for his eye to peek through.

Sounds like it! I'll just wait, then.

Watch and wait, ready to slam the door shut and run away if need be. Y'know, normal precautions when dealing with magic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: July 27, 2014, 11:27:25 am »

"Uh," Timothy hesitates, somewhat unsure of himself in such an interesting place, "I fink... maybe you does it?"
He hadn't expected the place to be so, well, inclusive- Timothy certainly wasn't used to having other beings as strange as him around. This was all rather a lot to take in, and he wanted to make a good impression, especially on his fellow ghostly types!

So he decides to let Lenny do the talking, at least for now. People often reacted badly when he tried to strike up conversation; he wasn't quite ready to test whether these interesting folks were any different. He peers at the 'barkeep', wondering just how much his sobriety is worth when weighed up against useful liquid courage.

"Uh," he says again, this time to the man behind the bar, "Has you got anny-thin' for ghosts?"

>Bid Lenny go talk to the diviner he pointed out.
Once he walks off, ask the bartender if he has any booze that works on ghosts. Then look around the establishment more closely, especially at the other ghosts. Do they look more-or-less like me? How are they drinking? Are they holding their drinks telekinetically? Try to plan a charming introduction.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: July 27, 2014, 03:58:47 pm »

Feel if there's any flow, and if there's not try to swim until I reach something I can climb on/hold onto. If there is, just try to stay afloat.
((If I die in sewers while on vacation...[/b]

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: July 28, 2014, 03:43:34 am »

[And now to pass out.]

"Perhaps, good mage Justine, but I'm afraid that changes the situation little. We may leave, but to what end? To call an end to this line of inquiry, leave good lady Melville without answers, and the refugees still eking out their lives away from home? I feel its worth an attempt, even if such is slim." The desk tried to reason with the diviner, laying out what will be left should they flee the city for their lives. If they truly wished them dead, what could they do to stop them, after all? Morton isn't so sure even distance could help.

"I think a good plan of action would be to simply approach directly and speak about the situation. Perhaps they will enlighten us to factors we don't see, or perhaps they have a plan of action already that will accomplish what we seek and we can aid it. A token of good will would perhaps be advisable, maybe some tea? We'd need to attempt to make some before reaching them, of course, so as not to bother their culinary staff or such area." Considering their recent display, they must know of Gub and the situation, perhaps already with a plan in action. Hopefully a benevolent one that seeks to return the deposed refugees.

Reason and plan out a course of action.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: July 28, 2014, 06:33:14 am »

"Ah. I see. Thank you for the information, and for the hospitality. I would stay, but for now, I must bid you a very fond adieu, as I must continue my mission. Farewell, good lady."

With that, a bow, and a twirl, it was out the door and down to the catacombs. Though completely unnecesary, the practice in the old moves could be helpful, as could having a possible goddess for a friend.

Watch for swoons. Do we still got it? To eminent redeath adventure in the catacombs..

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: July 28, 2014, 08:58:04 am »

"I say we just watch and listen. They have eyes on us, there is no point in having a plan when the planner is spied upon by the planee.
We've been out manoeuvred, all we can do is just sit down and allow fate to play its hand.""
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:01:51 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: July 28, 2014, 11:59:06 am »

"But... Good sir Scott, we mustn't give up. To sit idly by and let fate play its hand without even an attempt would be inadvisable, even if the situation may seem difficult. It is adversity that brings out the true self, after all, and I don't believe you to be a man of inaction, good sir Scott. We must try to call fate's bluff, to keep with the metaphor."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: July 28, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »

From what we have been told, they know our actions our private motives and our private infomation.
They have put us in chains we have not the key too...
Unless our own diviner knows ways around such methods?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

In the guest wing of Castle Fenton...

Niklas decides to try and take precautions this time around, and quickly hides inside one of the rooms, leaving the door open just a crack to watch how Lifeboy prepares a meal of his own flesh to serve to him.

[Lifeboy's magic roll: 5]

The bump on Lifeboy's hand grows and grows more rapidly with each second, attaining the size of his head, at which point he lowers his arm, and then increasing to about the size of his torso, at which point the growth stops - the giant tumor then begins to undulate and change color, becoming darker, starting to secrete some kind of golden liquid that coalesces over its surface, and emitting a smell that makes Niklas' mouth water intensely. And then it separates from the child's hand with a slightly unappetizing schlurp, rolling a short distance on the ground.

"There! One giant tumorsteak, right here! You need a fork or knife? I can grow those as well if you want! Wanna see?"

In Harlan's House of Hilarity and Harlotry...

Timothy may be courageous or at least willfully ignorant of peril when faced with exploring mystical places that defy physics and destroy all that has ever held sense in life, but social situations, particularly those of a magical and unfamiliar nature, leave him quite uncomfortable.

"Uh, I fink... maybe you does it?" he tells Lenny, who shrugs and walks toward the diviner. In need of some liquid courage, he turns to the barkeep. "Uh, has you got anny-thin' for ghosts?"

Immediately a solid stream of transparent liquid comes out of the nearby wall, no reaction at all on the part of the barkeep, making several 90 degree turns before settling on a course straight for Timothy, flowing into his body and diffusing through his ectoplasm. Timothy is quite confused and almost instantly drunk beyond anything he has experienced before in his life. Finding his question answered extremely demonstratively, he looks around at the other patrons. The ghosts, to be exact, since the other patrons are mages and mage-guards to a man or a woman, and behaving very much like regular patrons at an establishment like this, which is to say vaguely bawdily and generally merrily, although there is an undercurrent of the mystical to them, a very ineffable and secretive undercurrent that only mages rightly possess much of the time. As for ghostly patrons, there's the average dead person, who look like dead people floating around looking out of place, then there's dead mages, who look like they're enjoying themselves a lot more, and then there's beautiful dead women, of which there's a majority among the ghosts. In fact, one of the beautiful dead women, who also seems to be a dead mage, seems to be looking right at Timothy, pretending to sip a drink in a coquettish manner. Oddly, the drink is ethereal as well.

In a reservoir of water...

Kevin, despite being nearly overwhelmed by pain, maintains enough judgement to conduct a simple observation - is there flow? Signs point to no, but he could be wrong! Nevertheless, he swims for his life.

[Strength roll: 6]

And an imperiled jester needs no legs to secure his freedom, as Kevin so aptly demonstrates, propelling himself back to a breathable area through arm power alone, eventually finding his way to a rocky outcropping of some kind and flopping out upon it, quite exhausted and in terrible pain. Perhaps he should rest.

In the Temple of Automaton Worship...

Darren, now altogether less confused than before, decides to dial up the charm a little.

"Ah. I see. Thank you for the information, and for the hospitality. I would stay, but for now, I must bid you a very fond adieu, as I must continue my mission. Farewell, good lady," he says, and then with a bow and a twirl begins to move away - he is disappointed to note that the statue-like woman remains statue-like, with absolutely no change in expression of any sort. Oh well. He moves on, only to realize he's quite conspicuously alone now. Where'd his friend go?

The room he's currently in looks... clean. Very clean. In fact, there's nothing in it aside from a single spectral white-robed man without a head or neck, floating idly around the place, an empty hood flopping around on the front of his torso. Darren gets the urge to look behind him suddenly, and the chill that vaguely haunted him in the previous room now feels frightfully urgent.

In the refugee camp outside Eckledun...

Morton, Scott, Justine and nominally Craig continue to work out a plan here. Scott seems to be a proponent of the "we're quite screwed" position, while Morton keeps up the optimism he is well known for. After a short bit of time of reaching no real compromise, Scott asks Justine if she does not perhaps know of ways to counter divination.

"Well, I know of them, but they're abjuration, not divination. Not really my thing. Most diviners don't bother with them, and instead settle for being too unobtrusive to scan or too fast to get a bead on. Seems like we were neither, and now they know everything about us."

"I'm not against playing along with them. It is better than simply waiting for them to do something."

"Alternatively, we can just find another town to explore instead, one where the local authorities don't know our innermost secrets."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:16 pm »

Nah, I'm good without. There's a northMAN in this woman's body, after all!

Begin eating the tumor-steak Norse-style!
Ie, extremely savagely.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: July 30, 2014, 05:51:59 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: July 31, 2014, 01:23:21 am »

Scott will look out the tent and scan for approaching death and destruction.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: July 31, 2014, 02:16:57 am »

Rest, there's nothing I can do right now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: July 31, 2014, 07:23:38 am »

"Uh. Hi."
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 719