Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719]

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 518144 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again
« Reply #10770 on: August 29, 2016, 06:20:29 am »

Wow. That was an amazing ending.

Obviously my own character didn't get a whole lot of screen time in it, which makes sense since I was hardly the most active player (something I am most terribly apologetic for), but even his ending just feels... perfect. Reading that the other day definitely made me smile. :)
Part of me really wants to re-read the game, another part is ashamed of how I would disappear for months or years at a time without explanation, and a third, more sensible part is simply daunted by the game's length... but I think I'll give it a try regardless.

One thing, though: what happened to the scary-crows? And that town I found them in? Not to mention Hansel the bird.
The details are hazy, but I remember them and a few other characters being rather close to Timothy's heart.

Thanks for properly wrapping up a great game, and in such an entertaining fashion!
Always a huge fan of your GM'ing, Mr. Baldman, and this is doubtless (one of?) your best game(s)... so far. ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:22:20 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:22 am »

*Plays 80's music*

But what happened to Samucane and the graveyard full of waitlisters?

Also, the revelation that Whipman and Master Dog were PC's what quite unexpected.

Well, Samucane was dead, so that's pretty easy.

As for the graveyard full of waitlisters, it's not so much a graveyard full of waitlisters now as it is a wide world full of waitlisters. I was going to get clever with it and put each and every one in there someplace, but the whole thing was long enough as it is.

Finally, Master Dog wasn't a PC, he was just a talking dog with a dream.

One thing, though: what happened to the scary-crows? And that town I found them in? Not to mention Hansel the bird.
The details are hazy, but I remember them and a few other characters being rather close to Timothy's heart.

The scary-crows went on with the glorious revolution, causing entire villages of people to disappear at a time, leaving ghost towns in their wake, surrounded by fallow fields on which no bird or any larger animal dared trespass for fear of the sentries set up in them.

As for Hansel and Bob, after Hansel's full recovery from his injuries the leather-winged giant bird seemed comfortable enough in Bob's presence that they just stuck together, and Bob became a very successful sesame farmer to feed his rather large (and considerably growing across the next decade and more) bird friend, and after circumstances forced him to seek out new lands to work his trade in, it was not very long until a new town started forming under the protection of a giant bird that could eat up to 1d6 bandits in one round of combat.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: August 29, 2016, 11:25:30 am »

Sorry, I meant to ask what happened to Samucane's legacy: the cane golem, cane planet, and traitor cane that he made.

Refinement to the Waitlisters Question: What happened to the undead that Bernie raised in the graveyard but left behind as waitlisters?

Which dog was a PC, then? You mentioned that there was an illusory one.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: August 29, 2016, 11:40:10 am »

Sorry, I meant to ask what happened to Samucane's legacy: the cane golem, cane planet, and traitor cane that he made.

Refinement to the Waitlisters Question: What happened to the undead that Bernie raised in the graveyard but left behind as waitlisters?

Not sure which cane golem that would be, the cane planet probably remains in space somewhere, doing cane things, and as for Welt Verschlinger, he probably lived up to his name and formed yet another very significant unnatural hazard in forbidden territory as he carved out a realm of his own out of mastery over the elemental powers of cane.

As for the waitlisters, they proceeded to experience a 96% attrition rate in the wilderness as they inevitably wandered off into the woods and ran into horrible things that have mastered the elemental powers of cane, pink anomalies, ornery wizards, bizarre and ravenous beasts, demonic cultists and farmers with giant leather-winged rocs for pets. The remaining one, one Eduardo Flurberson, proceeded to tour the country and beyond demonstrating the applicability of ghostly powers to the art of jesting. Well, in the sense that jesting is the most likely motivation (next to the obvious one of balls-out insanity, but that really goes without saying) that people have been able to assign to the following horrific spree of crimes against humanity and decency.

Which dog was a PC, then? You mentioned that there was an illusory one.

This one, I think.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: September 04, 2016, 08:46:49 pm »

Oh my god.

This actually...ended. Damn. Well, I'd say that I'm gonna catch up to what happened after being gone like...what, a year? 2 years? I dunno, but either way if I did say that I'd be LYING SO GOD DAMN HARD. This went on ridiculously long and I'm sure Harry Baldman did an amazing job running it as always.

And yeah, I loved being Whip Dude, in addition to good ol' Jordan.

On another note, I guess me posting here is a good place to say HEY GUYS I'M BACK WOO. It's been too long guys. It's been far too long.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719]