Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Corporation  (Read 4092 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Corporation
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:25:36 pm »

(( I guess but that would have to mean that green can not touch guns then. Btw green how is -1 to weapons lighter then it really a downside when the minigun is heavier then every infantry gun ever made other then a rocket launcher?
I edited the company to fit you two better and make it more obvious who has what job.
So it's Automated weapons systems and defense tech ( Which can easily include defense tech and robots. and the second specialization is Advanced firearms which fits for tsuchigumo.  ))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:42:56 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 11:43:08 pm »

....What? I am in Defensive Tech, with a secondary area of Robotics. I build Sentries, Dispensers, Teleporters. The like. Have you never played TF2? I can hold guns, I just don't make them. I get a -1 to lifting and using ANYTHING heavier than a Heavy's minigun, and a Rocket Launcher is WAAAAAY Lighter than a minigun, by Video Game Logic, which I assume is what this shall be partially running on, not Normal Logic.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 11:45:07 pm »

(( I meant you can not build guns since thats Tsuchigumo's area of expertise. Also TF2 means nothing to me you'll have to give a proper name. ))

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 11:47:51 pm »

(( I assume my character does not screw with any of yours, as nobody has called me out. Am I correct or should I make adjustments? ))
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »

(( I meant you can not build guns since thats Tsuchigumo's area of expertise. Also TF2 means nothing to me you'll have to give a proper name. ))
Tam Fortress 2. TF2. By not knowing what TF2 means, I assume you have never played. Good day, let me be.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 11:52:53 pm »

(( Nope it's actually a perfect combo with Penguins. He's great at propaganda and your great public relations. The two of you should make a great combo.

Nope never played it. But I edited the company to specialize in all forms of engineering ( Your stuff ) and firearms ( Tsuchigumo's stuff ) so it fits both of you. But to clarify that skill is it +1 just to lifting anything minigun weight or lighter or +1 to any roll using something minigun weight or lighter? ))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:03:30 am by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 12:09:27 am »

Both.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 12:14:16 am »

(( Thanks that makes sense now. ))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:27:11 am by mesor »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 12:20:32 am »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 07:16:55 am »

Reserved. Oh I am so in. How serious will this be, exactly?

Name:Carolus "Corai" Unki
Background: All companies come across people that simply do not want them one time or another during it's existence. As such, it is my job to deal with them and ensure that we do not become hated in the eyes of many. It is important not to say something idiotic infront of a TV screen that will set the world aflame with anger.
Position: Evil psychopath Head of public affairs. (I shoo away all the annoying liberals and protesters)
Skill: Sanity Sociopath. Handgun proficiency. Good people skills.
Malus: Extremely easy to irritate. Cracks under pressure easily.

Nevermind, I mistook the character sheet for the corporation sheet.

I suggest Asimov Industries as well. Defense technology.
Semi-not-Serious: No Demon King Nobunagas, but armies of sentient penguins are perfectly fine.EDIT: Ducks are fine too.
(( Kinda a clash with you being head of the technology and Tsuchigumo being head of engineering which is basically the same thing maybe the two of you should each head one department? ))
Head of engineering would be the one to think of how you're actually going to produce the products and being head of technology means that you're spearheading the R&D section of Robotics and Defence technology.
(( I assume my character does not screw with any of yours, as nobody has called me out. Am I correct or should I make adjustments? ))
Unless someone wants to be in this as a PR person, you're perfectly fine.You''ll also have to work very closely with peglegpenguin as he is the Ethics guy.
Posting to watch, and maybe add a character.
Is this a multiple-character thing?
Multiple people.
Side-note: l'll write the turn after school
Reserve.

Company name : Asimov industries.
All forms of engineering ( From robots and armored vehicles to dispensers and teleporters ) and advanced firearms.

Name : Damion porter.
Position : Head of security and " special " operations devision. (( Think industrial espionage and hostile take overs but with more guns and less talking. ))
Skills : Suppressed weapon expert +1 to rolls using any suppressed weapon, Hacking +1 to hacking., Stealth +1 to stealth, former CIA tactical operator. +1 to recruiting soldiers and law enforcement agents.
Malus :Sadistic -1 to rolls with non lethal weapons, Discrimination -1 to recruiting any non soldiers or agents, Mechanically inept -1 to engineering

(( Is this all ok? ))

First of all, does "All forms of engineering" a wee bit overpowered, I mean we're talking about Specialization here when you're focusing on that many things at once you're bound to have lower quality products. You're not the biggest corporation out there. Second, "Advanced Firearms" is under Defense Technology, it's not like fighter planes where you have to work with Aerospace Engineering. "Advanced Firearms" is just far too specialized
(( I'd assume so given that you can pick a job on the board of directors so you could have a fair few players. ))
I did say that you guys were the Board of Directors, right?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Corporation: First Board Meeting
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 04:34:26 pm »

Board Meeting in Neapolis, Neapolis
The CEO states, "We have all come here today to discuss the direction our company will go for the next few years. As you all know, we are facing an incursion from Duck mercenaries near our base in Atlarkia, our Security teams down there report that there might also be a penguin army mobilizing on the borders of The Free State of Atlarkiag and The Democratic Republic of Penguinia. Mr.Conagher, your objective is to research a weapon that's more reliable, accurate, and powerful than the current SEAR's that we are using as it appears our competitors, APULIA, are rapidly gaining popularity through their new "M-98" Which is far lighter than our SEAR's and and has greater firepower.

"Dimitri, you will work with Mr.Conagher to produce the most efficient weapon you two can make."
"Corai, you will work together with Angelo to pacify the Duck Population by peaceful means as they are the native inhabitants of Neapolis and we wish to make sure that they don't think that we're the enemy.You may build buildings and monuments and whatever you wish to do, just as long as you get the job done."
"Damion, You are to transfer down to our base in Atlarkia and deal with those Duck mercenaries by either hiring them or just outright pacifying them; your call."
"That is all for this Board Meeting of the Asimov Corporation. Good day."
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »

Bring up the records of the companies entire security force, highlight all personnel who have combat training and experience and what form of combat they are trained in.
Put a message out stating the following.

"Asimov Industries is looking to hire additional security personnel. Military or law enforcement tactical training required with 5+ years of experience and significant combat experience is prefered. All applicants who meet this criteria are welcome regardless of why your service in your previous job ended."
All applications are to be sent to me the moment I arrive at our facility in Atlarkia

"Well I've got places to go and people to have shot I'll see you guys in a week or two I guess try not to blow yourself up while I'm away guys its a lot of paperwork."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:15:44 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 04:50:19 pm »

Try to find my patent for the Mini-Sentry. And the Normal Sentry. And for my robotic Spies.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »

Research the Duck people's culture and behavior, including their opinion on the corporation and how liberal/conservative they are.

"Angelo, I will need your assistance. I'm not completely sure how these guys think of us yet so I may need some mind washing. ... Mind washing, propaganda, whatever you call it."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:20:39 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »

Punch random machinery, opening hatch full of perfectly chilled vodka. Share. Play around on technological wonder that is phone while brain does job.

Say "I play on tech wonder that is phone while brain jobs."

Send mail to all factory floor workers:
"The goose has left the rocket propulsion test chambers, initiate Ultraviolet Sunday."

Pull up previous sent message:
"Ultraviolet Sunday"
"Get the whole floor set up for SEAR construction, but gather all the other stuff too. When I get there, have already imbibed enough vodka to build the SEAR II so we can prepare the rest of the special package."

Dimitri then says more sensible words.
"I have mobilized my butt monkeys. They have started phase 1. Phase 1 is gun. Phase 2 is more gun. Phase 3 is more guns. With an S.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:26:48 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 [2] 3