Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia!: OOC & Character Selection/Creation Thread  (Read 55891 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia!: OOC/Character Creation Thread
« Reply #390 on: February 14, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »

What game or book is that from? It sounds like if there is a psychic that powerful, there are probably more. Although, take over planet is a pretty rare ability in most games, so he is probably some sort of bioweapon, or a protagonist or main antagonist.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 14, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »

I know that TCM has shown a hatred for Homestuck in the past, but I'm probably going to do a sheet for each of the main 4 Homestuck Kids. Non-Godmode, of course. Probably John with the Pogohammer or Wrinklefucker or something, Rose with maybe the Thorns of Oglogoth, Jane with one of her rifles, and Dave with his Legendary Piece of Shit or something.

That okay with you, TCM?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 14, 2013, 12:16:08 pm »

What game or book is that from? It sounds like if there is a psychic that powerful, there are probably more. Although, take over planet is a pretty rare ability in most games, so he is probably some sort of bioweapon, or a protagonist or main antagonist.

Star Control 2, where you use him as a weapon. He is a rather significant antagonist before that. And there used to be more than one of him. They made a huge slave empire with their psychic powers and essentially subjugated the entire galaxy for several millennia. Then their minions figured out how to fight back successfully and free themselves, at which point his entire race was enslaved by their former slaves and genetically modified to perform a humiliating task.

Though my desire to submit Talking Pet stems mostly from how much I love Star Control 2 lore. I could just as well submit Admiral ZEX, I suppose. He's less powerful and just as amusing, though his strengths and playstyle would probably be far different. Could also try to play one of the Orz in a battlesuit, though I wouldn't exactly be able to provide a picture.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:20:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 14, 2013, 04:32:35 pm »

Star Control 2, where you use him as a weapon. He is a rather significant antagonist before that. And there used to be more than one of him. They made a huge slave empire with their psychic powers and essentially subjugated the entire galaxy for several millennia. Then their minions figured out how to fight back successfully and free themselves, at which point his entire race was enslaved by their former slaves and genetically modified to perform a humiliating task.

Though my desire to submit Talking Pet stems mostly from how much I love Star Control 2 lore. I could just as well submit Admiral ZEX, I suppose. He's less powerful and just as amusing, though his strengths and playstyle would probably be far different. Could also try to play one of the Orz in a battlesuit, though I wouldn't exactly be able to provide a picture.
Cool, and pretty much everything has a picture on the internet. Google images is your friend. After all, where did you think I got Tulo's image from?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2013, 12:02:57 am »

I know that TCM has shown a hatred for Homestuck in the past, but I'm probably going to do a sheet for each of the main 4 Homestuck Kids. Non-Godmode, of course. Probably John with the Pogohammer or Wrinklefucker or something, Rose with maybe the Thorns of Oglogoth, Jane with one of her rifles, and Dave with his Legendary Piece of Shit or something.

That okay with you, TCM?

Yeah. They'll probably end up dying in horrible, twisted ways, but that happens to half the characters anyway.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:29 am »

I'll have a character picture up soon. My friend just needs to draw him for me.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:52 am »

I haven't heard of Chugga or Nintendo. Dark Id is from the Somehting Awful Let's play forums, the place where the hobby started from. I have been watching people from there and a few Youtubers. Also I still want Gaunt sheet, I might do one later today.

Edit: Also I saw the Saerth sheet, someone else has been on the LP Archive.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:43:20 am by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2013, 01:17:06 pm »

I haven't heard of Chugga or Nintendo. Dark Id is from the Somehting Awful Let's play forums, the place where the hobby started from. I have been watching people from there and a few Youtubers. Also I still want Gaunt sheet, I might do one later today.

Edit: Also I saw the Saerth sheet, someone else has been on the LP Archive.

Actually, I haven't read the LP there. I found out about it through Tad30s' LP. Still an amazing game, though. Kicking has never been so much fun.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2013, 01:27:43 pm »

BTW, I just typed in Let's Play into the Youtube Search Bar, and the first that came up BESIDES Rooster Teeth, was DeceasedCrab. Any of you heard of him? TobyGames? SlimKirby? UberHaxorNova? SeaNanners?

I'll continue spouting names later.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 20, 2013, 02:04:53 pm »

SurrealBeliefs? Surreallegends?
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2013, 02:09:36 pm »

Lotus Prince and Tad30s are both worth a look as well, though they differ from each other very notably.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2013, 02:59:47 pm »

If I can jump in, for those who love strategy (like myself) check out JefMajor and DaStanlinator. Jef is how I learned about DF.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2013, 03:02:46 pm »

HuntrBlackLuna is a relatively small-time LP'er. Nevertheless, he does pretty good LPs and I'd how I first learned about DF.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »

Jef, HBL, and Plump Helmut Punk introduced me to DF.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2013, 03:44:03 pm »

I learned of Dwarf Fortress by...

Joining these forums. And hearing everyone talk about it. :P

But, as for good-but-not-famous LPers, I have RoahmMythril, Yoshiller2, and Gameguy888. All have done amazing LPs, with Roahm having done a Perfect Run for every regular Mega Man Robot Master, plus the Mega Man Killers, and is going through all of the Silent Hill and Mega Man Battle Network Games, Yoshiller having done a hilarious playthrough of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, plus the first Let's Play I ever watched, a SMG2 one, and Gameguy...

Well, you'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30