Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia!: OOC & Character Selection/Creation Thread  (Read 55928 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia!: OOC/Character Creation Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 07:43:22 am »

Quick question, what exactly does moral and by extension Alfred's 'Rally Call!' ability actually do?

Moral benefits usually give the effected targets +1 to rolls for a length based on how good the morale-boosting roll was.

The ability give a morale boost to surrounding allies, the amount of morale, area effected, and length of morale boosting is dependent on how high the roll is. Be warned that as with any roll, a 1 or 2 can be damaging to yourself.

Awesome, thanks  :)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:34:11 am »

I was thinking about elaborating on Kennys ressurection. What I was thinking his revival should work is that the first time, he awakens back at base, but if he dies after that, he awakens back in South Park.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 11:44:24 am »

Hmm....I'll be back with another character.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 12:24:00 pm »

Name: Merasmus
Class Type: MagiciWIZARD!
+1 Magicalness
+1 Against People wearing Red
+1 Lying

-1 Anger Management
Detests Raccoons
-1 against arrows

Staff Bolt (Sends a trio of green bolts out of the top of his staff, setting nearby enemies on fire and sending them skywards. 2 Turn CoolDown)
Bomb Shower (Pulls out the Bombinomicon, sending a wave of bombs flying out onto the battlefield. If someone is hit by a bomb directly, it sticks on their head, increasing their speed but leaving them unable to attack. If they manage to make it to Merasmus within 1-2 turns, it will explode on him and stun him, leaving him open to attack and giving him a -2 to defence. 4 Turn Cooldown)
Prop Hunt (When about to die, he will spread random cosmetic items like Barrels and chairs across the battlefield, hiding in one. If he is not found in two turns, he will be healed and back in the fight. If he is found, he dies.

Items/Equipment: Bombinomicon, an ancient tome with an angry face with a bomb in it's mouth on the front. Sentient.
Staff of Wooden-ness, a magical-ish staff that hits hard and is infused with the powers of both fire and air. At the same time.

Description: After he left his body to attack the red team, Soldier burned his body, leaving him to find another. He ended up finding out that his body wasn't burned, and what soldier burned was actually one of his pet racoons. After slaughtering the RED team, he decided he needed someone else to align with. He chose the H.O.E.S. Not willingly, but Luna overpowered him, yapping on about them needing his abilities. Silly pony...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:19 pm »

My GM's cut of these two characters:

Name: Roland Deschain
Class: Gunslinger
+2 Accuracy
+1 Toughness
+1 Will
+1 Firearms

Cold-Hearted
-1 Stealth
Attracts Attention

Knight's Honor: Will not kill other lawmen unless they are corrupt. Focuses on corrupted targets.
Gun-slinger: Can target 3 Targets without penalty. (Cooldown: 2 Turns)

Equipment:
Father's Guns: A pair of .45 caliber, six-shot revolvers. He's been using them all his life.
Ammo Bandolier: Holds his ammunition.
Wanderer's Clothing: See above.

Background: Born a gunslinger (sort of a knight errant/judge) in the twilight of his kingdom, Roland Deschain tried to fight the corruption, but it wasn't enough, leaving him wandering the world as a lone gunslinger, eventually finding purpose- The Dark Tower. However, at a part of his journey, he passed out, and woke up- in Luna's base. It was a bit of a shock, to say the least.

Name: Merasmus
Class Type: MagiciWIZARD!
+1 Magicalness
+1 Against Red People
+1 Lying

-1 Anger Control
Detests Raccoons
+1 Vulnerability to Arrows

Staff Bolt: Sends a trio of green bolts out of the top of his staff, setting nearby enemies on fire and sending them skywards. (2 Turn Cooldown.)
Bomb Shower: Pulls out the Bombinomicon, sending a wave of bombs flying out onto the battlefield. If someone is hit by a bomb directly, it sticks on their head, increasing their speed but leaving them unable to attack. If they manage to make it to Merasmus within 1-2 turns, it will explode on him and stun him, leaving him open to attack and giving him a -2 to defence. 4 Turn Cooldown.)
Prop Hunt (When about to die, he will spread random cosmetic items like Barrels and chairs across the battlefield, hiding in one. If he is not found in two turns, he will be healed and back in the fight. If he is found, he dies.

Items/Equipment: Bombinomicon: An ancient tome with an angry face with a bomb in it's mouth on the front. Sentient.
Staff of Wooden-ness: A magical-ish staff that hits hard and is infused with the powers of both fire and air. At the same time.

Description: After he left his body to attack the red team, Soldier burned his body, leaving him to find another. He ended up finding out that his body wasn't burned, and what soldier burned was actually one of his pet racoons. After slaughtering the RED team, he decided he needed someone else to align with. He chose the H.O.E.S. Not willingly, but Luna overpowered him, yapping on about them needing his abilities. Silly pony...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00:19 am »

You did see my character sheet, right? Just asking. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, it's at the bottom of the first page and in a spoiler, to boot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:03:58 am by Harry Baldman »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 06:27:18 am »

You did see my character sheet, right? Just asking. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, it's at the bottom of the first page and in a spoiler, to boot.

Yeah, he looks balanced. Doesn't need editing on my part, I'll add him in and update the character list.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Name: Altria Pendragon
Class Type: Heroic Spirit
+1 Perseverance
+1 Agility
+1 Charisma
+1 Riding
+1 Aid Other
+2 Swordsplay

Merciless
Power shifts according to Allies
Stubborn
Possibility to attract conniving nobility of at least Baron rank
Constantly seeks the Holy Grail
Vulnerable alone

Code of Honor/Chivalry
Personal Regeneration

Items/Equipment:
Plated Mail - Personalized armor using the wearer's own energy, it can be willingly summoned in battle or in peace. It covers the whole body.
Caliburn - A shining sword which symbolizes the existence of the true King.

Description: Said to be the persona of King Arthur, Altria has only one wish in her existence - to ensure that the Holy Grail be kept in secure hands, and to redo the selection of King due to her belief that she failed to keep her country from chaos.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:20:34 am by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »

I reckon I'll sign up as Red Bold Dagoth Ur!

Spoiler: Dagoth Ur (click to show/hide)

Actually, can you put an explanation of each of those negative attributes and his abilities? I'm not sure what they all are. :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 02:51:13 am »

Added links to appropriate images and explanations in the post. Wasn't sure what exactly you needed explained, so I tried to explain all of it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:12:21 am by Harry Baldman »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »

This one actually has equipment!

Spoiler: The Pastamancer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:03:29 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:05 pm »

Just letting you guys know I just remembered about this thread and am working to add all the characters into the III Set :3

TsukikoNeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 03:13:27 am »

If you're still taking submissions for the waitlist I got a character for you.

If not, and no one is currently using it, I'd take either the Kamina or Simon Characters I saw in the main topic.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:39:29 am by TsukikoNeri »

Naoki Kurogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 05:28:27 pm »

This is a Pony RTD that has the Mane Six, with no Spike. This must be fixed.

Spoiler: Spike the Drake (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:59:48 pm by Naoki Kurogra »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 06:06:53 pm »

This is a Pony RTD that has the Mane Six, with no Spike. This must be fixed.

Spoiler: Spike the Drake (click to show/hide)

Seems alright. At first I didn't like it since it seemed too non-canon, but since he's from the future he can be an Alternate Timeline character. ((Which is fine if anyone wants to drastically change a character.)) But you still didn't assign him a class :3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30