Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: You Are Islanders--Day Three, Monsoon!  (Read 7066 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Islanders--Day Three, Monsoon!
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:05 am »

I changed some actions

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Islanders--Day Four, Lost Children and an Igulv Den
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »

Tribe status will be updated once OP is.

Leader: Heiruphus
Landing Site: Unnamed, surrounded by makatea and a rich forest, near an islet with an obsidian mine
Spoiler: tribe status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
EDIT: EDITED.
Herriaphus gives his men orders. With luck, they would all be housed soon.
The woodcutter does well, cutting enough wood for both huts plus another 5 units.
The grass-gatherer does acceptably, gathering ten units of grasses and reeds.
The loom is of a rather good quality.
The spear-maker fails in two ways: He uses a stone knife, as bone is not sharp enough to cut stone, and he makes a good spear, not a crude one.
The fruit-gatherers gather 29 units of fruit, a live tortoise, and a large dead tortoise.
The children have fun. They lose the obsidian knife, but find an old cloak of white feathers. Once dipped in the surf, it was good as new!
The forest slowly retakes the half-completed farm. Meanwhile, the only thing the citizens find more interesting than the feather cape is that they almost have enough room to sleep!

-----

Bah, forget the color-coding, I'm getting lazy. I like the updates though; - Lots of info, and long, too...Must take a while to write 'em up. Don't worry about rushing, take plenty of breaks and stuff.

3 Men build More Hut(s).
3 Men Hunt for Food. Using the Bow and whatever Spears are available.
3 Men will take an Adze's and gather plenty of Wood.
2 Men will continue to Mine. (Use both Pick's.)
2 Men will Train with any extra Spears, throwing them and stabbing.
1 Man will make Spear(s).
1 Man will make crude practice "Swords" out out of wood.

5 Women will gather MORE GRASSES.
2 Women will watch the children.
1 Woman will get Water.
1 Woman will tend to the Sick Woman/Child
1 Sick Woman will Rest.

4 Children will search for interesting and useful things.
1 Sick Child will Rest.

Yeah, without distractions and real-life thingies this would probably take at least 45 minutes. So much dice-rolling...
It's fun, though. I never quite expect what you'll do or how it'll end until it happens. Especially Slowpoke.
Back on topic.
Kamehameha gives orders, preparing for a war with the western tribe.
Two men take adzes and cut wood, while a third tags along and gathers additional wood. They get twelve wood, mostly courtesy of the man with the crude adze. The other adzeman accidentally cuts his leg with the sharper blade.
The miners strike a lode of metal! They dig up two units of native copper as well as one unit of basalt and three of good basalt.
The hunters do quite well. The one with the bow catches an igulv and a tortoise, while the second bags a wild pig and a green parrot. The third doesn't do well, getting nothing but injuries (whereas the bowman avoided all harm), but he redeems himself by catching a live iguana! The hunters used 10 arrows.
The crafters do okay. One, assigned to make spears, was aided by the two told to spar with their nonexistent spears. Between the three f them, they wasted two units of wood and made a simple wooden spear.
The gatherers gathered a dead tortoise and no fewer than 58 units of grass and reeds.
Kamehameha himself is inspired. He sketches in the sand an image of a weapon halfway between spear and axe. He then tries to make one, but it turns out quite crude.
The children, encouraged by their elders, find a good net and a heavily damaged small canoe. However, two children get completely lost.
With two fewer children and a hut, as well as a new canoe, the people have much to consider.

-----

10 Men with knives go hunting (MORE MEAT FOR THE MEAT GOD, MORE BONES FOR THE BONE HOUSE!)
4 Men more grass collecting
1 Man make some beds/bandadges
4 Woman make boats
1 Woman + 4 Children Mourn Lost child
1 King Hold funeral
Might I congratulate both the first time someone's actions have expressed care about the ocean and the first funeral? For that, you get a free positive event...what irony the dice have.
King Gunagua gives his orders.
The women carve an average canoe about a third of the way done and a small canoe about a quarter of the way done.
The hunters fight a bit over the knives, then get to work. The hunters are a bit clumsy, but find a rich patch of forest to hunt. They bag two three ground pigeons with orange feathers,  a tortoise, a wild pig, five brown finches, three iguanas, and a piglet. However, six got injured, two quite badly so.
The grass-collecting men collect only six units of grasses and reeds, and one manages to get injured--you're not sure how. On the bright side, they find something else--a canoe, small and crude.
The infected man, worried about his red and swollen wound, says he needs a loom to make a hammock.
The funeral is solemn and sad, but everyone is glad you honored the dead.
The people go to bed, calm and collected. And still hungry.

-----

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((How much light does that shell prier give. Having a flashlight is rather usefull.))
IT'S NOT RADIOACTIVE.
Robert sends his men off, glad to have enough tools for everyone to optimize their work.
The egg-gatherer grabs all eighth eggs. The hens are spooked.
The shell-gatherer performs acceptably, gathering three units of shells.
The clay-gatherer gathers 9 units of clay.
 The fruit gatherers gather 23 units of fruit.
The grass-gatherers both fail to get useable grasses or reeds.
The woodcutters cut an impressive 20 units of wood.
Creating a shell prier requires  a knife made of stone, but the seven put up two huts. Not bad.
The fish-gatherer accidentally frees the fish, but manages to catch one with a child's help.
The searchers find three units of basalt and a cave inhabited by several angry igulves about a mile southeast of the mine. Two were injured.
The children make a crude knife from pilfered flints and get it confiscated before they can hurt each other with it.
There have been worse days. More interesting days, but typically interesting hasn't been good.

-----

I could have sworn I posted actions here... that, or I messed up the threads again. I'll check later, but for now:

One man: Grab 1x good bone spear and head off to the Hunt

One man: collect wood

Two women: tend wounded

Two women: craft adzes

One woman: start fire

Three men: begin construction of LARGE HUT

Children: collect 15 units fruit, then do whatever

Maya gives his orders. He decides to turn over a new leaf and work, "helping" build the large hut.
The hunter does not return. A search party returns with a horribly wounded man, unconscious, and a stabbed igulv. The body looks trampled.
The woodcutter cuts six units of wood and an attacking igulv. He gets injured.
The women do their best to make adzes, but give up for lack of tools. They need a stone knife.
Hut construction starts well. It's estimated that the whole thing will require 10 man-days, and it's costing 20 grasses/reeds and 12 wood; however, it will house 15, albeit crowdedly.
The children gather he requested 15 units of fruit, then play. They get a lot done:
--They help the hut-constructers, adding about two man/days of work to the project.
--They impede the efforts if the woodcutter but make up for it.
--They catch rats, two units of them.
--A few get injured by angry rats.
--The adze goes missing, likely due to the childrens' "help."
--They try to help the hunter but get hurt.
--On the way back, these children bring another child.
--They make a crude net and a crude shell knife.
--They find a heavily worn loom.
--Several (five) go missing. These include the little girl with the igulves and her older brother, seven years old.
Well, then. Interesting day.

-----

All of these people are thinking of other settlements. By now, everyone has sečn plumes of smoke rise from three or four locations. They know they are not alone.
Some want to find these other settlements, others want to hide. Some want to conquer the others, others to trade with them for valuable supplies. There is no consensus, but that's where you come in.

-----

Expect the OP to be updated and important notes to be made in your status...sometime tomorrow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2012, 02:54:20 am »

Spoiler: tribe status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2012, 06:52:20 am »

((No fruit gatherers were send out this day.

Also, how did I get the previous shellprier then?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2012, 06:56:25 am »

You, uh...I must have missed that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:50 am »

Send half uninjured hunting
1 uninjured wood collecting
1 injured grass collecting
rest of uninjured make loom(s)
Injured rest
Children look after uninjured
1 child collect eggs.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2012, 09:36:27 am »

GODDAMN IGUIVS

WHAT ARE THEY ANYWAY

BETTER RESEARCH THAT, POLYNESIAN STYLE

>Three men: grab all the spears, use the best ones in close combat, the less quality ones in ranged, kill every iguiv found and return them to base

>One man: design palisade, proceed to tend wounded

>All remaining islanders: build that palisade, dommot
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:39:11 am by LordSlowpoke »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2012, 10:03:44 am »

Three Men will build Huts, as many as possible, out of wood and reeds.
Three Men will Hunt for food, using the bow and any extra spears!
Two Men will immediately take a spear, and go searching for the missing children! Bring them back!
Two Men will continue to mine!
Two Men will continue to...Chop wood!
Two Men will try and craft two of those weapons Kamehameha envisioned out of the Copper!
One Injured Man will stay back, and try to tutor the kids on proper hunting.

Two Women will dig a large pit, to hold extra water in!
Two Women will continue to work on the farm.
Three Women will gather fruits and berries.
One Woman will gather Water.
One Woman will smoke Meat.
One Woman will repair the Canoe.

Three Children will stick close to the Man, and try to learn how to safely hunt!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2012, 07:41:13 pm »

Boy, this is a lot...I give up. Hours for updates and another long time to update the OP...Tell y'all what, I'll reduce complexity and restart.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]