Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wargame AirLand Battle: Worth playing?  (Read 10130 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Wargame AirLand Battle: Worth playing?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

As a Cold War enthusiast.. I REALLLLLY want this game...Exactly where do all the battles take place?
Sweden.

--------------

Edit: This game is just so wonderfully balanced. It's a pity then that most of the players are really bloody dumb.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 08:17:41 am »

Anyone interested in doing this for the lulz together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHt47EBGf8
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 12:29:33 pm »

Well, I managed to scrape together the funds to get this! I'm the same name on steam if anyone wants to play, I know I have a few people here already. I'm not availbe all that often, but if you ping me on Steam sometime after 8pm I may very well be availible.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 12:57:16 pm »

Well, I managed to scrape together the funds to get this! I'm the same name on steam if anyone wants to play, I know I have a few people here already. I'm not availbe all that often, but if you ping me on Steam sometime after 8pm I may very well be availible.
Feel free to add me on Steam. Same name as well. I usually play sometime in the night.

Just make sure you at least have some decks ready for both sides because it can take a very long time to create proper decks.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 03:51:16 pm »

Play PACT brother!

You can always get a game...

*ahem* so...

I tried building an "air assault" deck, and oh boy jesus gawd lordy, helicopters, helicopters for everything. even the infantry, supplies, and command vehicles

Then I built a motorized for that -1 plane pack cost, which worked pretty well, you don't get T-64s and you only get 3 tank slots but its kinda nice for making a supporting role deck. Now if only there were a bonus that would give me -1 cost on support units, that would be great. AA units are costly and I use a lot of them.

EDIT: Went and built another deck, czech only, motorized. I was basically able to rebuild my old czech deck with more planes and more support vehicles. Downside was I don't get my precious visydkiri in Mi-8s, and I don't get to bring out infantry in that glorious BVP-2 or VYDRA-II, ditched sniper artillery in favor of MOAR MORTARS, ditched FOB, gnabbed a rocket arty, and I have 16 less T-55A's now, I'm sure I'll miss them. All while being able to fit four more planes into the deck.

It sure seems weird, that some specializations completely cripple a deck (Para, Air Assault, Marine), while others allow you to build a nearly identical deck except with more experienced units, or with the cost adjusters, allow you to stack the activation points and reduced costs for a general upgrade (Motorized, Mechanized, Armored).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:41:46 pm by darkrider2 »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 04:33:00 pm »

Feel free to add me on Steam. Same name as well. I usually play sometime in the night.

Just make sure you at least have some decks ready for both sides because it can take a very long time to create proper decks.

How bad are the default lists? Not sure I could build one right now with the little knowledge I have of the game haaha.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

Defaults are well balanced. In many cases, unless you really know what you are doing, the default decks are your best bet
Only a simple mind can be certain.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 04:40:00 pm »

Defaults are well balanced. In many cases, unless you really know what you are doing, the default decks are your best bet
Excellent, I figure I'll just end up customizing them as I play and say "damn, I wish I had x"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 06:25:25 pm »

Marine decks are almost always universally useless. So try to avoid those unless you have a really specific plan. It's because they get no tanks, no support units and barely even have proper planes or infantry.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 06:47:59 pm »

PTW. This game I've been wanting for a long time.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 06:36:53 am »

T-55 as meatshield, T-64 or T-72 as second liners, as a single T-80 at the rear + air defense support = NATO tanks go kaboom
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 04:17:43 am »

I just bought the game, anyone who want to play a game or two?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 01:44:26 pm »

The Bay12 play together thread might interest you: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129347.0

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 01:50:41 pm »

I'm not all that good at this game, SP or MP (well, I won Zhukov-2 which was nice), but it's pretty addicting. I'm not sure if that's a recommendation or not, but yaaay. Would love to play a co-op campaign with someone at some point.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 2 [3]