Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)  (Read 5751 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Namless Town (Shadow Iron Town Thread)
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:39 am »

Ask her what she does
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »

Systar ambled up to the shady wagon and its shadowy owner.  "You look like a guy who knows how things work around here.  Who's hiring?  I need a place to stay while I'm here."

Inquire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »

Spoiler: In (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »

Nod, and go to the reinforced wagon and wave at the clerk.
[4] She smiles politely back and asks if you have anything to deposit.

Arthur O'Flaherty, Vacationing Businessman

Arthur listens to the rats' musings, making careful mental notes of each salient fact.

Keep listening to the spill of information. When they're done, bow to them.

"Thank you for your immense help. I may return later, if you don't mind."

He suddenly remembers his manners.

"Oh, wait. I forgot to introduce myself, I believe. I am Arthur O'Flaherty. And you would be?"

Whether they choose to provide their names or not, leave after bidding good day and all that. Head over to quartermistress' wagon.
"Oh yes, we would be Secant and Sine,"

"Identifier and Archivist,"

"Scholars of the highest magnitude,"

"Also the best at board games."

You head over to the reinforced wagon, and find the quartermistress to be a green lady in a leaf motif dress. It might actually be made of leaves, in fact.

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious, the third

"...and Troll Dung...or was that Troll sweat? I'll get some if I see it...alright, I'll commit them to memory." Lady Foxglove replied, nearly forgetting everything.

She then pointed to the Owls stocks, smiling politely.

"Now, for one last piece of business-do you have any alchemical cases of vials I might be able to borrow? If I have one, I can collect more things for you, sweetie. It works out for everyone, and I'll buy it off you with my first haul."

Action: Ask the owl if I can borrow some sort of case of alchemical vials or a pack that will allow me to carry more reagents back to her-profit for everyone!
Emotion: Saucy
[5] The owl hoos thoughtfully, considering your request for a moment. Then she perks up, nods, and fetches you a simple wooden case with a red drop shape embossed on the front.

"Blood case," she explains, "Blood often alchemically potent. Collect one sample from each type."

She opens it briefly to display the ten vials inside, before closing and handing it to you.

Alchemical Blood Case Acquired! [10/10]

Ask her what she does
((Who again? I'm assuming quartermistress.))

[3] "I store items, for a price."

Systar ambled up to the shady wagon and its shadowy owner.  "You look like a guy who knows how things work around here.  Who's hiring?  I need a place to stay while I'm here."

Inquire.
"Ah, but of course. Many will have use of you, and most will be... forgiving of your lack of funds at the precise moment. But to truly prosper, yes... you have come to the right place.

Sadly, the dungeon's mysteries remain concealed, and so more specific tasks cannot yet be completed. I have, however, several tasks of a more general nature.

Firstly, I require the brain of an intelligent creature. "Intelligent" may be interpreted rather creatively in this case; my buyer will make do with what I provide. A bonus may be in order for more spectacular results, but two Nightmare Draughts should be the minimum for a job well done.

Secondly, I require an eye that sees evil. Once again, the specifics can be open to some creative interpretation, and the reward should be two 1HP* healing potions for the baseline.
*Meaning they restore 1 Str on an already depleted HP. Drinking them at full HP but missing Str does nothing; drinking them while missing a HP essentially gives you another HP with only 1 Str in it.

Third, I require the heart of a creature slain in single combat, who has blooded and been blooded by you of its and your own skills prior to your slaying of it. Quite the curious requirements, of course, but my clients are often interested in such conditions. The more powerful the creature the better, of course, but some variety of Spirit Journey Leaves should be the reward for any successful retrieval."

[3] "I will probably have some more precise offers at some point in the future."

Spoiler: In (click to show/hide)
((Got it. Feel free to jump in any time.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:17:01 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »

Lady Foxglove thanked the King Owl Shopkeeper-what a sucker.

She decided to visit the strange piglet wagon next, it looked like a farm of some sort...

Action: Examine the Piglet Wagon and look for the owner. Pet the cute pig-like beings!
Emotion: Nihilistic
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 05:48:50 pm »

((Um.... did you forget about me?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2013, 06:08:50 pm »

((Oh, oops. Apparently I did.))

Rand, Ancient Evil

Well Rand already over heard that he's more or less a smuggler when he said it to the man who looks like he'd make a nice jester. Right now his interest is in the creature. While he's at that, he might as well learn of the all the other wagon owners juicy secrets. Both for potential entertainment and what valuables he can gain from them.

"Fine if you put it that way, I would like you to procure me some information then. Information counts as a thing to you right? Tell me what you want for every detail of the other wagons and their owners. Of course that includes you but I expect the price for that would be much higher nor am I expecting every detail of you and your business. I understand the need of some secrets in your kind of business. Lastly I'd like to know the price to procure that creature you have in the back for me.

None of that should be too hard to get a hold of since I'm assuming you have all that on hand already. Of course I want free sample... just to be sure you're information is trustworthy."

Start talking business with the shady man. As well as attempt to get some useful free info from him.
The figure gives an amused, vaguely sinister chuckle.

"While that is not my specialty, I might... know things. Such secrets would be outside your current means, however.

As for this... 'creature,' I do not know what you mean."

Lady Foxglove thanked the King Owl Shopkeeper-what a sucker.

She decided to visit the strange piglet wagon next, it looked like a farm of some sort...

Action: Examine the Piglet Wagon and look for the owner. Pet the cute pig-like beings!
Emotion: Nihilistic

[5] You find the owner, a quid-like being (but with a humanoidly shaped and positioned mouth and eyes), spiritedly playing a banjo while his piglets roam around. You go over and pet some of them, which they seem to respond to warmly enough.

"Well howdy! I see you like my piglets. Name's Jimbo, 'n I sell most of the meat 'round here."

[3] You notice he also appears to be growing those brown mushrooms.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2013, 06:11:44 pm »

Davian, Wannabe Hero
Go to a random wagon. Introduce self.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:46:14 am by Spinal_Taper »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 07:16:13 pm »

Rand, Ancient Evil

"So there are secrets around here. Glad to know know it just isn't a just a bunch of weird wagons sitting by a dungeon. Anyways what do you mean the secrets are outside my current means? How would you even know that? How am I supposed to even know what those means are?"

More talk!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 03:18:25 am »

Arthur O'Flaherty, Vacationing Businessman

The businessman bows before the quartermistress.

"Good day, ma'am. I am Arthur O'Flaherty, and I represent Green Sky Enterprises. And you would be?"

Introduce self.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 04:02:30 am »

"Fair travels, Mr. Jimbo. I heard you sonorous twangy hill folk music and I just had to come see...

Tell you what, these little porkers are cute here...! *squeal*

Anyway, you know me, I'm an adventurer. I'm forging valuable alliances before I enter the dungeon-for example, is there anything you might be interested with inside, if I came across it? Something you might need? I'm already helping the alchemist, she's a nice sort...but between you and me, I like to deal with someone a little more down to Earth-and she is a bird. Ha, ha.

Also, tell me about these tiny pig-beings and mushrooms. All good for eating, I would hope?"
She said, petting one of them-it looked up at her with hopeful little eyes.

She was imagining it turned into a rasher of bacon, and licked her lips.

Action: Questions!
Emotion: Intransigent

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:18 am »

Systar, Grey Wanderer

Systar nodded.  "Brain, eye, heart.  Got it.  I'll find them and get them back to you."  With that, he left.

Wander to reinforced wagon.  Make inquiries for work to be done around the town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 01:23:25 pm »

Spoiler: Signup (click to show/hide)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]