Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 48321 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Long swords in general it can include things like cavalry swords which were longer then a standard sword but light enough to wield 2 of with training. I'm keeping this character nice and simple no down sides to kill me. ))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, to balance the character, the trait will offset the magical loss of attack rolls so, basically it doesn't gain a bonus but it prevents the -1 modifier that comes from having skill in magic. Is that alright?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yup sounds fine to me. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Name: Atla
Race: Construct
Traits: Skilled with Staves and Polearms [+1 to attacking with Spears, Halberds, Staves, Quarter-Staffs, Tridents, etc.; -1 with Short Weapons - Daggers, Short Swords, Maces, Hatchets, etc.]
Occupation/Role: Daemonic Warrior Monk
Alignment: Corruption - +1 to Dark Magic, -1 Resistance to Holy Magic
Magic (Once again, not too terribly sure what I should be putting here.): Yes - Animation (The ability to influence inanimate objects or deceased beings by turning them into minions. Sort of like a cross between Geomancy and Necromancy.)
Spell: Golem - Turn any large smattering of like materials into a coherent mass with limited intelligence. How powerful the golem is depends on the material used, and more powerful ingredients cost more energy.
   Appearance: Currently an animated suit of black knight's armour that contains Atla's soul. He was never human to begin with, and as such it is imbued within the plates themselves, though he can easily swap them for others that he finds more appealing without the risk of scattering his essence. His body is covered in trophies which he carries and places on his body, as evidence of numerous conquests in the past.
   Backstory: A young man loyal to the Dark Gods was attempting to create the perfect warrior, completely obedient and incredibly powerful. Unfortunately, he only managed to succeed in half of his endeavour, and he was dead before Atla had even finished opening his eyes.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:54:25 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few things, first off, a negative trait and a positive trait (what you already have) are preferred, also, is there a downside/limit to using your magic. I'll add it to the character list, though I want to sort this out before I start.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:47:19 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Want me to add a negative? ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Chaotic Deem? Oh, no...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer it mesor, but it doesn't have to be too crippling. Ex. -1 to diplomacy, something like that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

….is there a downside/limit to using your magic.
Its physically draining when used. However that should be actually implemented as a downside is up to you.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Hah I have a simple one that fits my characters gladiator/honorable style, I'll add it to my character ))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its physically draining when used. However that should be actually implemented as a downside is up to you.
That'll work for a neg I guess, It'll give you a -1 to most rolls for a few turns, that okay?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Updated, ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

That'll work for a neg I guess, It'll give you a -1 to most rolls for a few turns, that okay?
Make that -1 to any actions involving literal physical exertion (hand-to-hand combat, jumping gaps, etc.) and you've got yourself a deal fella!
I've just finished my character sheet, and its now up. Thanks!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got it.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, finally, everyone go through their character sheets in the main post and confirm, and can Caerwyn and Xantalos let me know, PM or not, your choice what if they would like the good or evil start, then we should be ready to go.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43