Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 48399 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 51 IS UP*
« Reply #600 on: January 15, 2013, 10:40:45 pm »

((In my mind, unless everyone is together/interacting, time is relative to that one character and no one else, so while you killed bandits for 20 minutes or whatever someone else may have just spent an hour doing something. Besides big events or if everyone joins together, not everyone is doing their actions at the same time. At least that's how I look at it.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 15, 2013, 11:09:40 pm »

You're not sure either, are you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 15, 2013, 11:36:32 pm »

Nope.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 16, 2013, 12:02:04 am »

Climb a tree 25 meters from the camp and observe.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 16, 2013, 12:58:58 am »

Drag the wizard to his room, then take a look around. See if there's anything suitably suspicious-looking around.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 16, 2013, 02:10:59 am »

((I thought we were there to negotiate or something! Ah well. Is Hooded Dorf with the group of bandits I'm annoying, or no?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 16, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »

((Currently yes))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 16, 2013, 03:10:59 pm »

"Hood! Move!"
Give Hood time to start running, then chain lightning the bandits.
Sig! Onol

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 16, 2013, 08:09:07 pm »

TURN 52

Juba Freedmen
Draw both my swords then follow the blood trail towards the fire, attempt to remain unseen.
Juba draws his swords and begins moving toward the fire, [1] suddenly, his foot lands in a large pool of blood and Juba slips falling to the ground in a loud clatter. "Who's there!" A gruff voice ahead calls out.

Gweg Kenson
Shrug, return to camp. Decapitate bandit leader's corpse, then grab head and tower shield (I can probably sell it) before searching the camp for loot.
Gweg returns to the camp, decapitating Noser and grabbing his tower shield. [2] There isn't much else in the camp, besides what the dead bandits are wearing. Which couldn't reasonably all be taken. There is still that cave that the bandits came out of though.

Derm
"Well, thats done. Now for the fun stuff."

Amass just like... a fucking gigantic pile of scrap. Start building a fantasy clockwork exosuit slash ironman suit slash giant mecha. Use knowledge of magic runes and mechanics to supplement the building.

Question, can I spend multiple turns on one thing to make sure I get a good end result without the random chance affecting it? Liek taking a twenty in DnD?
[1+1+1=3] 5 turns remaining.

Xarius
"That went well. We only had to kill four guards. That's about half of everyone on the morning shift; better than my usual record with impromptu jail-breaks. So, do you want to enjoy your new freedom and go our separate ways now, or continue to be my faithful equal partner in brutal combat, complicated acts of black magic, and perhaps even apprenticeship in those very same black arts? You've done amazingly well thus far, saved me twice in those encounters back there, and not tried to sell me out or stab me in the back even once.I can admire such loyalty. So, what do you say?"

'I can probably fix the lack of evil in him later, having a slightly demonic spirit take up residence in your soul can really fix your goodie two shoes perspective.'

Pet/scratch my familiar while talking to the guard without breaking eye contact. Attempt to recruit the guard, whether or not he comes along, find my way to a sheltered and secluded hamlet, far from the city or any nearby castles. As distant from organized society as possible, while still having a population of around ten to thirty. What type of people populate it is completely unimportant, so long as they aren't directly hostile.
[2] "You know, I don't really think I should leave, you know, I have family here. But if you ever need anything here, come find me." [3] Xarius makes it out of the city without any further encounters with the guards and finds himself at the fork of a road, branching off to the left and right. [3] There is a sign, pointing back the way he came that says Ferovale. To the right it says, Stingard. To the left, Milturn.

Calenmiriel
*Nods quietly*

Go over to the door and wait.
Calenmiriel walks over to the door and is quickly ushered inside into a dark room. Soon after the ground shakes, and she feels the room rising. Finally it reaches the top and Calenmiriel is bathed in the glow of the sun. On the opposite side a humanoid stands in a similar cage. [2] She cannot discern anything about him as the cages open.

Evaliss
Climb a tree 25 meters from the camp and observe.
Evaliss quickly sneaks through the forest and [4] scales a nearby tree. This is a good vantage point. There are two elves walking around the camp, it seems to be a small family, a husband and wife. Due to the glow of the campfire the shape of a third humanoid can be seen inside one of the two small closed tents.

Krzcewski
Drag the wizard to his room, then take a look around. See if there's anything suitably suspicious-looking around.
[1] Krzcewski drags the wizard up into his room, successfully bashing his toes against any nearby walls. Upon reaching the door, he uses the key and pushes the door open. Krzcewski drags the wizard onto the small bedroll and begins investigating. [4+1=5] Krzcewski quickly spots a letter on top of the small dresser. It is still sealed though so it seems the wizard has not read it yet.

Groz Talvor
"Hood! Move!"
Give Hood time to start running, then chain lightning the bandits.
[6] The hooded and disguised dwarf rolls away from the group and pulls his axe from his belt. Meanwhile Groz raises his hand and directs it toward the bandits. [1+1=2] Groz's hand fizzles [2] luckily for him, the smugglers are unsure of what exactly is going on and are unsure of who is friend or foe.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evaliss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 16, 2013, 08:10:38 pm »

Forum lag strikes again

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 52 IS UP*
« Reply #610 on: January 16, 2013, 08:12:40 pm »

"Juba."

Shout my name and continue towards the fire looking for the source of the voice.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 16, 2013, 08:22:40 pm »

As soon as I can leap/run out of the cage and take a shot at my opponent with my bow, if he/she has a shield perhaps aim for the legs. Fire a second if he/she hasn't reached me yet aiming at the upper body if the shot at the legs connects. Make use of my agility to dodge attacks as they come, make use of the arrows as stabbing weapons if he/she gets in close.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 16, 2013, 08:47:04 pm »

Gweg:

Take small, valuable items (eg coins or something), a sword the right size for it to be a large knife or dagger to me, and head to the cave to search it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 16, 2013, 08:53:02 pm »

Chain lightning them once more! If that fails again, cast an explosive fireball towards the center of the group.
Sig! Onol

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »

Wait until night and fire once atleast 2 of the elves fall asleep.

Screw that.

Fire upon the male elf.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:17:17 pm by Fishybang »
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43