Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 48407 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 52 IS UP*
« Reply #615 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

Follow the road to Milturn.

((Hoping naming conventions are set to Realistic and not Ironically Opposite.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 17, 2013, 01:41:01 pm »

Grab the letter, then leave the room, making sure to close the door behind me, then head someplace less... populated. Open the letter and read it there.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:32 pm »

Bump
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 19, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »

Character

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »

TURN 53

Juba Freedmen

"Juba."

Shout my name and continue towards the fire looking for the source of the voice.
Juba continues toward the fire as the voice begins to mumble, [4] he eventually reaches the source of the fire, it's coming from a torch set on one of the walls. He can no longer hear the voice.

Calenmiriel
As soon as I can leap/run out of the cage and take a shot at my opponent with my bow, if he/she has a shield perhaps aim for the legs. Fire a second if he/she hasn't reached me yet aiming at the upper body if the shot at the legs connects. Make use of my agility to dodge attacks as they come, make use of the arrows as stabbing weapons if he/she gets in close.
An average sized, unarmed man slowly exits his cage as [4+1=5] Calenmiriel leaps out of the cage, nocks an arrow and sends it flying toward the man [3+1+1=5 vs. 3] [1+1=2 vs. 4] But several vines erupt from the ground and slam the arrow onto the ground. Seeing as the man is still walking, Calenmiriel fire another, [2+1=3 vs. 2] [3 vs. 4] Once more several vines erupt out of the ground and bat the arrow away. The other man, now standing at approximately the middle of the arena slings his hand forward, two vines burst from the palm of his hand headed right at Calenmiriel [5 vs. 2+1] she rolls away but one of the vines still manages to catch her leg, thus negating any advantage in agility she had, the man in the center of the arena crouches down.

Gweg Kenson
Gweg:

Take small, valuable items (eg coins or something), a sword the right size for it to be a large knife or dagger to me, and head to the cave to search it.
The bandits seem to have been rather poor, the only items found were a few coins in a couple of the tents, [2] most of the swords on the ground are quite flimsy and quite frankly, not useful as weapons, more as letter openers. Gweg is starting to feel a bit fatigued, maybe he should patch up the hole in his belly. Regardless, Gweg heads into the cave, the cave is completely bare besides a small pool of shimmering purple liquid inside of something best described as a bird bath.

Groz Talvor
Chain lightning them once more! If that fails again, cast an explosive fireball towards the center of the group.
[5+1=6] This time, the bolt flies full speed into the enemy group, the lightning only jumps to one of them, but the two that were hit were quite unlucky [1] They continue to be oblivious to Groz's presence and instead are focusing on the hooded dwarf. So, [5+1] he conjures a fireball which hits one of them straight on in the back, he quickly incinerates. [4+1=5 vs. 1] [3+2=5 vs. 3] The hooded dwarf dismembers one of the smuggler's legs at the knee with his handaxe [3+1=4 vs. 3] and rolls to dodge the other before swinging his axe at the other smuggler's face [6+1=7 vs. 6] [2+2=4 vs. 6] But the smuggler easily parries the blow and counter attacks, [1 vs. 6+1=7] The hooded dwarf rolls the side once more.

Evaliss
Wait until night and fire once atleast 2 of the elves fall asleep.

Screw that.

Fire upon the male elf.
Evaliss nocks an arrow, compensating for distance, height, and wind, and releases the bowstring [6+1+1=8 vs. 2-1=1] The arrow soars across the clearing and finds its way into the elf's throat [5+1+1=7 vs. 1] He collapses with a throaty gurgle. As the woman screams and runs into the tent.

Xarius
Follow the road to Milturn.

((Hoping naming conventions are set to Realistic and not Ironically Opposite.))
Xarius takes the road to Milturn, strangely, the road is completely empty, there are rustles in the bushes to either side occasionally but they usually happen to be ordinary wildlife.

Krzcewski
Grab the letter, then leave the room, making sure to close the door behind me, then head someplace less... populated. Open the letter and read it there.
Krzcewski grabs the letter and leaves the room closing the door behind him. Then he goes over and tosses the door key to the tavern keeper, who thanks him. He opens the door and quickly finds himself under the harsh rays of the desert sun once more as he scurries into a nearby alley to read the letter. He tears it open and sees only three words, Arena Night Match.

Derm continues working on the exosuit thing [6+1+1=8] 4 turns remaining.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evaliss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:10:04 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »

Search the area, keep my weapons drawn. Once done move close to the fire to warm up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 20, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »

Telepathically contact Hood.
"A bit further away, please."
Once he's sufficiently far away, call down a pillar of fire on the bandits.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2013, 03:25:54 pm »

Analyze the three words. What exactly might they mean? A night match at the arena or something else? Is there an arena in Harraspor?

Considering that the message does not come with a time and does not look like a flyer, it does indeed seem like this may actually be a clue. But does it lead to an arena, or something more insidious?

Investigate any leads I can think of.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 20, 2013, 03:31:26 pm »

Treat wound, investigate liquid. Dip one of the crap swords into it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:13 pm »

Stab the vine holding onto my leg multiple times with an arrow, in an attempt to break free. If my attempt fails, allow the man to drag me towards him if he tries. When I get closer attempt another shot with the bow.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 20, 2013, 04:19:26 pm »

Climb down the tree, and cut down ropes holding the tent up.
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2013, 05:08:38 pm »

The next thing that rustles the bushes, so long as it is at least fifty pounds in weight, kill it and reanimate it.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 53 IS UP*
« Reply #627 on: January 23, 2013, 03:23:14 pm »

Bump again.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 53 IS UP*
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2013, 07:14:05 pm »

TURN 54
((Sorry this took so long, I ended up being surprisingly busy this week.))

Juba Freedmen
Search the area, keep my weapons drawn. Once done move close to the fire to warm up.
There are no obvious oddities in the nearby area, seeing nothing, Juba walked over to the fire to warm himself up.

Groz Talvor
Telepathically contact Hood.
"A bit further away, please."
Once he's sufficiently far away, call down a pillar of fire on the bandits.
The hooded dwarf rolls backward once more as [6] a massive pillar of flame completely incinerates the remaining bandits. Unfortunately a fire now rages toward Groz and the hooded dwarf who now stands across the hall.

Krzcewski
Analyze the three words. What exactly might they mean? A night match at the arena or something else? Is there an arena in Harraspor?

Considering that the message does not come with a time and does not look like a flyer, it does indeed seem like this may actually be a clue. But does it lead to an arena, or something more insidious?

Investigate any leads I can think of.
[3+1=4] Krzcewski recalls that there is indeed an arena in Harraspor that does have night matches. Unfortunately it is going to be a few more hours before the first begins (6 turns) There may be clues already in place at the arena. Or perhaps he could listen for rumors on the street...

Gweg Kenson
Treat wound, investigate liquid. Dip one of the crap swords into it.
[5] Gweg wraps his wounds with strips cloth he tore off the dead bandits clothing, they should start healing now. Easing to his feet he grabs one of the "crap" swords and dips it into the liquid. Nothing obvious happens.

Calenmiriel
Stab the vine holding onto my leg multiple times with an arrow, in an attempt to break free. If my attempt fails, allow the man to drag me towards him if he tries. When I get closer attempt another shot with the bow.
[3-1=2] Calenmiriel stabs at the vine repeatedly but it is in vain. The man in the center of the arena continues crouching, she can hear him mumbling.

Evaliss
Climb down the tree, and cut down ropes holding the tent up.
[5] Evaliss gracefully slips down the tree and quickly walks to the tent and [4] slices the ropes with a small hunting knife, causing it to collapse. The occupants seem to be attempting to escape, but, they probably won't anytime soon.

Xarius
The next thing that rustles the bushes, so long as it is at least fifty pounds in weight, kill it and reanimate it.
[1] The only creatures among the bushes seem to be tiny rabbits, and Xarius wouldn't want to make Chuckles jealous would he. [4] Xarius hears what sound like a group of soldier marching along the road ahead in his direction.

Derm
Derm continues working on the exosuit thing [1+1+1=3] 3 turns remaining. [6+1+1=8] already achieved.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krzcewski (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evaliss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2013, 07:17:59 pm »

"Hold your breath!"
Remove all air from the area around the fire, putting it out due to lack of oxygen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43