Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50269 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2012, 01:03:27 am »

TURN 1

Falvich
Falvich will slough on-wards, and try to find the general's tent, or surviving allies on his side. If there are any short-swords, dirks, daggers or other various blades of such sizes, he will snatch them up as well. He'll also try and keep an eye on anybody alive.
[6] Falvich begins wandering aimlessly through the thick fog quickly leaving the two wounded men behind, but he spots what looks to be a heavily armored warrior walking through the mist. [3] Falvich also finds a lightly chipped dagger stuck in the corpse of a human.

Juba Freedmen
Search the bodies around me take weapons, armor and anything food,water or money left on the bodies. Swords and heavy armor are priority.
Juba gets to his feet and begins searching the nearby corpses for any salvageable weapons, armor, and other supplies. [6] He pries a mostly undamaged shortsword from the dead hands of a nearby corpse and places it at his belt. [5] He also spots what looks to be the body of a heavily armored footsoldier [1] But he fails to pull the armor from corpse, its too heavy and you don't think you'll be able to retrieve it yourself. [2] You also find a piece of trampled bread.

Atla
Get to my feet and see what's around. Search for a weapon and take it. Preferably a lance or something similar, but anything will do at this point. See if there are any unwounded mounts left alive on the field. Start gathering metal shields and scraps of armour and tossing them together in a pile.
[5] Atla gets to his feet and glances around, he notices two men nearby, one a dwarf, the other a strange race known as the dwemer. The dwemer drags himself over the ground robbing corpses before bandaging his wounds, the dwarf eviscerates a random corpse and pulls out two of its organs. Atla can't see anything else beyond the fog; [2] He searches for a polearm and finds half of a spear, the other half is probably nearby though... [1] Atla heads into the fog and quickly finds himself lost, and without a mount. [4] Undetered, he makes a small pile of scrap, prying bits of armor off of the corpses with his spear, and salvaging shields.

Derm
Rob some corpses. Fashon bandage+splint from scattered whatever.
[3] Derm drags himself across the ground snatching a few sacks off of the nearby dead. [4] Derm gathers some cloth, and other assorted junk and manages to bandage his right hand, stopping most of the bleeding, and fashions a quick splint for his left shin.

Groz Talvor
"Hmm..."
Rob the nearest corpse for a better tunic, and look to see if there's any mage staff things around.
Oh, and get the nearest bladder and the nearest liver.

[1] Groz finds a nearby corpse, and checks for a better tunic, you completely obliterate the armor in your search. And there wasn't any tunic... [3] Groz looks around using his natural ability at magic to track down a staff. [6] You turn back to the tunic-less corpse and tear open his chest using a nearby knife, you snatch out his bladder and liver and are overjoyed by the lack of damage.

Gweg
Locate a new greatsword, tower shield, etc. Gweg's big enough to einhand a zweihand.
Gweg stands ignoring the pain in his chest and searches for a greatsword and tower shield. [5] Within moments Gweg finds a nearly undamaged greatsword off of a nearby corpse. [6] The greatsword was stuck inside a man who seemed to be wielding an undamaged tower shield. You snatch it up quickly.

Heavily Armored Humanoid
Search for survivors
(ONLY Falvich sees this occur, therefore no one else can address it until they are told by him or they sit it for themselves)
[3] It glances around but notices nothing unusual. The darkness of it's helmet conceals its face, but a pair of bright red eyes glimmer through the fog.

Also can everyone try to limit their actions to 2 per turn?

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:08:27 am by Urist McBeanie »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 1 POSTED*
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2012, 03:45:15 am »

Get armor from a different corpse, and take this one's left kidney and right lung. Keep the knife.
(Counts as two, right? Keeping a knife shouldn't nesessitate a roll.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 03:55:29 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2012, 04:00:41 am »

((Yeah, that's fine))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2012, 07:11:34 am »

Locate someone big or crazy enough to have stolen my armor, or at least find my armor.
Retrieve and don my armor.

That was good dwarvish steel. Why would anyone take it? It's too big for man or orc and too small for any but a young ogre...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2012, 08:50:09 am »

Summon a human-sized golem from the pile of scrap I've collected, pouring more effort into making him intelligent and powerful than large. Find another spear once the summon is finished.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2012, 09:10:16 am »

Search out scraps of metal suitable for Magitechnology. Open sacks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2012, 09:15:34 am »

Summon a human-sized golem from the pile of scrap I've collected, pouring more effort into making him intelligent and powerful than large. Find another spear once the summon is finished.

pouring more effort into making him intelligent and powerful than large.

making him intelligent and powerful

How can this end well?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2012, 09:19:46 am »

How can this end well?
I meant more intelligent than the average golem (which is still pretty dumb….), and powerful for his size, since most golems have to be HUGE just to make up for their idiocy and in order to stand against single opponents.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2012, 09:33:00 am »

How can this end well?
I meant more intelligent than the average golem (which is still pretty dumb….), and powerful for his size, since most golems have to be HUGE just to make up for their idiocy and in order to stand against single opponents.
You're going to roll a 6, you know...
Sig

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 09:46:46 am »

Falvich will sneak up to the man, curious as of why his eyes are red. As always, grab anything neat/useful from nearby corpses.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »

Alright just waiting on mesor.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 06:17:51 pm »

Eat the bread, Continue searching for any equipment or valuables I can use.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 06:36:00 pm »

Also, golem's generally don't HAVE "Intelligence". They take orders/commands, and do everything they can to fulfill them.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 2 POSTED*
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2012, 07:24:39 pm »

TURN 2

Groz Talvor
Get armor from a different corpse, and take this one's left kidney and right lung. Keep the knife.
(Counts as two, right? Keeping a knife shouldn't nesessitate a roll.)
Groz stands up from the eviscerated man and searches for another armored corpse. [5] He finds one nearby and manages to pull off, [2] its leather gloves and boots, it's breastplate seems to have already been taken. Taking his knife in his hand [4] he swiftly eviscerates the corpse pulling out it's left kidney and right lung, unfortunately the lungs seems to have been pierced, by your knife or another blade you are unsure.

Gweg Kenson
Locate someone big or crazy enough to have stolen my armor, or at least find my armor.
Retrieve and don my armor.

That was good dwarvish steel. Why would anyone take it? It's too big for man or orc and too small for any but a young ogre...
[2] Gweg searches within the smalling clearing in the fog but fails to find his armor, he is unsure if he wishes to venture into the fog though. [1] You didn't find your armor anyway.

Atla
Calling upon his arcane power, Atla attempts to create a golem from his pile of scrap. [2] He succeeds in making... something [3] It seems he miscalculated and forgot the upper half of his golem... he has a pair of legs, ready to obey his command. [5] Atla does find a entire spear though, he discards the half and picks up his new, intact spear.

Derm
Search out scraps of metal suitable for Magitechnology. Open sacks.
Derm came close to losing himself... ((Negative Trait))
Derm begins searching for suitable scraps of metal for use with his Magitechnology. [2] He finds a small shard of steel that seems workable. But nothing else. [2] Sack 1 contains a few coins. [2] Sack 2 contains a half eaten apple. [6] Sack 3 contains a jeweled golden ring. [5] Derm's right hand has healed. [1] Derm's left shin starts to set improperly.

Falvich
Falvich will sneak up to the man, curious as of why his eyes are red. As always, grab anything neat/useful from nearby corpses.
Falvich crouches down and begins sneaking toward the man [1] he is unable to find anything on his way. [1 vs. 3] Suddenly the heavily armored man spins, unsheathing a mighty sword. Falvich sees he is wearing a full face helm and a red glow emanates from the two eye sockets.

Juba Freedmen
Eat the bread, Continue searching for any equipment or valuables I can use.
Juba eats the bread, it's totally disgusting. [2] He checks a few nearby corpses and grabs a few coins and an [6] exquisite steel longsword.

Heavily Armored Solder ((ONCE AGAIN only Falvich sees this))
Quote from: Heavily Armored Soldier
Attack the foolish elf.
The creature lumbers toward the elf.

If your wondering what he looks like, it's probably something like this:
Spoiler: Heavily Armored Solder (click to show/hide)
But with a giant greatsword and glowing red eyes.

Finally, the bad rolls have begun.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:01:51 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 2*
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »

Continue to search for equipment, priority is on a shield, chain mail armor and some daggers. Also gather any more food or valuables I can find and keep one eye on whats going on around me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43