Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Frankenstorm: Class 13^13X HYPERCANE OF BURNING SNOW  (Read 44887 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Frankenstorm: Class 13^13X HYPERCANE OF BURNING SNOW
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2012, 09:38:20 am »

I thought NC was a bit more land locked? Eh, what do I know.
???

We've actually got the longest coastline of any state on the East Coast, other than Florida's giant waterborne dong.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:38 am »

???

We've actually got the longest coastline of any state on the East Coast, other than Florida's giant waterborne dong.
FLORIDA DOESN'T EVEN COUNT, THEY'RE PRETTY MUCH SOUTH AMERICUBA ANYWAY.

I JUST REALIZED THIS WHOLE THING WILL PROBABLY DELAY THE DELIVERY OF MY NEW ETHERNET CABLE EVEN FURTHER, GOD DAMN IT ALL.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2012, 09:45:42 am »

???

Yeah, it should be obvious that transcontinental geography isn't one of my strength. I think my mind might have thought of North Dakota.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2012, 09:51:59 am »

???

FLORIDA DOESN'T EVEN COUNT, THEY'RE PRETTY MUCH SOUTH AMERICUBA ANYWAY.

I JUST REALIZED THIS WHOLE THING WILL PROBABLY DELAY THE DELIVERY OF MY NEW ETHERNET CABLE EVEN FURTHER, GOD DAMN IT ALL.

By this point, I have this mental image of MSH standing on a mountaintop, knee-deep in snow, yelling at the top of his lungs as he's typing this because the snow has blocked his ears.  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude, now that you've said it, you're bound to croak!

After all the other people who said it before have died first, of course.

Well fuck. Looks like I'm gonna start feeling it at 2 pm today, I will update assuming I don't lose my interwebz. Also, the weather channels doing a live stream on youtube about the hurricane.

It's pretty ominous man, it's not even raining, just all manner of flora going apeshit in the winds. I'm almost tempted to go up to the reservoir and see what
crazy crap is going on.

That sounds like a spectacularly bad idea!  :o
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2012, 10:01:28 am »

It's started to rain where I'm at. There is a british adjective that starts with the letter "w" for a continuous downpour of rain that makes the day somewhat miserable but not unbearable. In general a slightly wet, overcast day. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember the goddamn word. And I've been googling terms trying to find it for the past 30 minutes. It's consuming me.
typical british weather?

I'm british, and the only thing I can think of is 'wet', 'watery' and 'weather'
Sounds Belgian too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2012, 10:03:06 am »

Dude, now that you've said it, you're bound to croak!

After all the other people who said it before have died first, of course.

Well fuck. Looks like I'm gonna start feeling it at 2 pm today, I will update assuming I don't lose my interwebz. Also, the weather channels doing a live stream on youtube about the hurricane.

It's pretty ominous man, it's not even raining, just all manner of flora going apeshit in the winds. I'm almost tempted to go up to the reservoir and see what
crazy crap is going on.

That sounds like a spectacularly bad idea!  :o
DO IT!
Robocorn cancels task Observe Hurricane: Dangerous terrain.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2012, 10:04:02 am »

BBC has reported that the storm surge has already reached Irene levels.

Heavy flooding already in New Jersey, particularly Atlantic City - 4ft surge so far. This is currently receding with the tide but expected to rise another 1.5ft by next high tide (~14:30 low, ~20:00 high). Some NJ twitter feeds; this guy has photos and video, more general emergency information feed).

More worryingly, according to Reuters, "[a]ll access to Ocean City, NJ (on and off the island) is now blocked. Access points are underwater."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2012, 10:06:13 am »

Spoiler: Atlantic City, NJ (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if those stoplights are being blown horizontal, or if that's just how they do them in NJ.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:03 am »

It's started to rain where I'm at. There is a british adjective that starts with the letter "w" for a continuous downpour of rain that makes the day somewhat miserable but not unbearable. In general a slightly wet, overcast day. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember the goddamn word. And I've been googling terms trying to find it for the past 30 minutes. It's consuming me.
typical british weather?

Sounds Belgian too.
I can has weather?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2012, 10:08:35 am »

typical british weather?

Sounds Belgian too.
I can has weather?
There's plenty for everyone.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:40 am »

New York City. Forecast include a 40% chance of Zuul, with spotty outbreaks of the Apocalypse.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:39 am »

"wizzle"?

Raining and cold here in Raleigh. The Bureau is shutting down all offices from DC up to Boston. Main NY office is actually in the A zone for evac.

Shit be getting real, yo.

Are you a MIB or just a conventional assassin?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:37 am »

New York City. Forecast include a 40% chance of Zuul, with spotty outbreaks of the Apocalypse.
Having seen Ghostbusters recently, yes, that does look ominously familiar :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23