Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is this I don't even  (Read 1544 times)

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
What is this I don't even
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:57:25 am »

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is this I don't even
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:00:49 am »

Its a donkey.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:03:38 am »

This is a normal werebeast. Usually they dont cause much trouble since the full moon only lasts a short while in dwarf fortress. Some werebeasts are really dangerous if they get the chance though, had a wereelephant once who managed to kill 7 dwarves, then it ran over my weapontraps and painted my entrance red.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 04:04:07 am »

Epic  :D

Make sure to take screenshot of his turning back into an ass if he does that.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Ace_Warbringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Swords For Everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 05:54:03 am »

This is a normal werebeast. Usually they dont cause much trouble since the full moon only lasts a short while in dwarf fortress. Some werebeasts are really dangerous if they get the chance though, had a wereelephant once who managed to kill 7 dwarves, then it ran over my weapontraps and painted my entrance red.

Until Toady sync's up the timerates....
Though maybe that's the issue. The concept is just too simple for the dwarven mind to grasp!

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:41 am »

Now a necromancer dwarf showed up in one of the immigrant waves and raised some corpses. I killed him and he was entombed, but the corpses keep reanimating. Any ideas?
I don't get it.. it's a "Wilderness" Saltwater marsh and it's more savage than any savage biomes I have embarked on earlier.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 10:37:09 am »

Perhaps there's a stealthy necromancer?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 10:42:32 am »

There were two others. Triple necros without any tower, but I managed to capture two of em and only lost a handful of haulers.