Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 12, Sad Face  (Read 19948 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 12, Sad Face
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:55:35 pm »

So Zafehouse: Dairies is a zombie survival game where you attempt to guide five survivors to rescue. It's by Australian developer Screwfly Studios. It's a game with some serious roguelike vibes (a lot of stuff is left to chance, and chance can seriously screw you over), which means this is probably going to be a hell of a lot of fun.

So here's the plan. I'm going to play the game, posting updates to keep you all in the loop, and you (yes you, the one reading this off a screen) are going to help me out by picking and suggesting strategies and courses of action, I'll try to advise a bit on the situation, but what we do is ultimately up to you guys.

Spoiler: Our Survivors Today (click to show/hide)

Let's begin shall we?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, that was the first update, we'll probably wind up searching through the house and then move to a different part of the city. The area we're in is rather bad as a base of operations because it's right at the corner and distant from a lot of the buildings we'll want to explore. I should probably finish searching the house we're in and the store next to it before moving on, but I thought I should try to get this update out before give things a break for the night. Also it gives you guys time to think. Oh, and here's a map of the city with explanations of what everything is.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Hope that wasn't too wordy for you guys.

Anyway, I think I'm giving this a break for now after doing all that introduction, if you've got any questions or suggestions or whatever, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:22:20 am by Pnx »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Dairies LP, Introducing Team Idonwannadie
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:08:39 pm »

Have Kelli kill the zombie in the store, raid store.

Agenda: Food, weapons, medical supplies, in descending order of urgency. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

Ooh, cool, didn't know they made a new version.
I'm gonna agree with NRDL on this, Kelli should kill that zombie.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 12:06:25 am »

Well sending in Kelli alone is a bad idea for a number of reasons. I should probably explain how the assault/breach/investigate mechanics work.

See when you move someone or a group of people towards a building you can either investigate, which means they avoid conflict and check the place out, maybe get some details on what kind of loot might be there, what the building is like, and how many zombies are outside of it, and if possible, how many inside. The zombie count is often very inaccurate, just because Nichole saw none outside, and 1 inside, doesn't mean there's only 1 inside and none outside.

Assault is a thinning operation, your team will approach the building, try to kill any zombies around it, and if they succeed they'll then poke around the windows looking for other zombies, if they have any guns and enough ammo to spare (after they've used it on any zombies outside), they'll try to snipe some of them out through the windows. This is pretty useful, especially with larger buildings that have way too many zombies for you to take on in a breach.

Breach is when your team tries to enter and stay in a location. They'll approach the building, look for an entrance, break in, clear the room they're in, then in the next hour they'll clear the rest of the building. This is extremely dangerous, especially if there are any zombies outside as they'll likely be drawn in by all the noise created by breaching and fighting the zombies inside, and if they attack while the team is fighting things can turn ugly pretty fast. I usually breach with my whole team if I'm taking on a building with zombies in it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 01:09:27 am »

Send Tracy with her. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 06:29:40 am »

Got the game, so now I've got a marginally better understanding of the game. Not much better/
What weapons and stuff did you start with? If you've got any guns and ammo give those to Kelli.
Send Tracy with her. 
This too.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »

Spoiler: Update 2 (click to show/hide)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 03:47:56 pm »

Personally, I thought of a glowing flashlight as one that glows in the dark.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 04:02:09 pm »

Well yeah, you can get glowing crowbars and such too. It's just kind of funny for me since while a flashlight that glows in the dark might make it easier to find if the lights are out, it's sort of a little superfluous.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 04:08:43 pm »

Well yeah, you can get glowing crowbars and such too. It's just kind of funny for me since while a flashlight that glows in the dark might make it easier to find if the lights are out, it's sort of a little superfluous.
Pfft, why do you doubt the power of glow in the dark flashlights?
My scooby doo flashlight was obviously better than all other flashlights, and why?
It glowed in the dark, thus it is amazing.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Dairies LP, Update 3
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »

Spoiler: Update 3 (click to show/hide)

So now that we've secured the store and we know roughly where we want to end up it's time we came up with a plan of action for where to go next. Earlier I scouted out two factories, #4 Jackson street to the southwest, and #7 Jackson street to the south. Here's a map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We've probably got a bit of time before we're rescued, so the question is, do we want to go the long way round and see if we can go by way of #4 and go through the church, maybe stop off at the library to see what's there. Or do we go straight through #7? Also if we're going either way should we skirt around the big buildings (which generally contain way more zombies than smaller ones), or do we try to clear out one of the larger buildings? It's all up to you guys.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 08:10:58 pm »

Kelli's a badass.

And go by the way of Number 4
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 03:37:09 am »

I say we check #4, clear it out, sit down for the night, and check the church as soon as dawn comes.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:56 am »

This is a great read!  :)  Thank you!
I've been considering buying this game, - now I can't wait to come home and do so.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 09:02:35 am »

PTW. Also, it's diaries, not dairies. We do not want Zafehouse milk.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6