Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X-Box 360 Must Have Games  (Read 3192 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Box 360 Must Have Games
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

Rock Band series if that's the sort of thing you're into. It's the only reason we even have the Xbox set up right now, everything else is on computor masheen.

Fez is on 360 right?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 04:42:20 pm »

If you have a PS2, get them Graffiti Kingdom, I spent so much time on that game when I was eleven.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 04:44:34 pm »

I have a 360 as well but haven't gotten a game that I really want yet because of busy-ness and cba'ness and that is GTA Horse aka Red Dead Redemption. I wanted it to come out on PC but it never did :(

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 04:44:54 pm »

Did anyone come to this thread, thinking there was a zombfied Xbox looking for games?

Must have games... games....
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:57 pm »

The Assassin's Creed games are good - at least, the first and second are. You can get them for rather little now, and the controls are much better on the Xbox controller than keyboard and mouse.

Grand Theft Horse is a degree of fun, but not appropriate for children. Multiplayer should be okay.

Battlefield 3 is enjoyable for screwing around with friends in multiplayer, but not worth the purchase otherwise IMO.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:02 pm »

Hm. I remember the Burnout series being oodles of fun, but I stopped playing it before Paradise. I think the one I got the most mileage from was Revenge.

Also worth picking up if you can find it is the PS1 adaption of Space Invaders (thanks to backward compatibility, it'll run on your PS2  :D), the one with bosses, special weapons, and different enemies on different planets. It's got enough depth for good replayablity and also has a co-op mode. I must have spend dozens of hours playing co-op with friends and my father when I was a kid. Heck, any value pack of old arcade games will usually have some gems in it. Not the shiniest, but the gameplay is well worth it.

Halo Wars wasn't a bad game for a franchise offshoot, console-designed RTS, though only in MP (preferably with people you know). No idea what the MP scene is like for it these days.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »

Grand Theft Horse is a degree of fun, but not appropriate for children. Multiplayer should be okay.

Not appropriate for children doesn't mean not fun for children :P

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 06:17:00 pm »

Actually, rather than get Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, I'd recommend that you go onto the online store and get Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. An absolutely fantastic series, really.

I can second that Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are great games. Wonderful soundtrack to top it all off.

As for Xbox games, I'm gonna recommend Dragon's Dogma. i haven't played it, but i do want it.
You can always pick up Borderlands or borderlands 2. that's a great coop game.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 06:24:11 pm »

Fallout 3 and Halo 3 are solid games - both are a little dated, but are fairly tame. Fallout has more gore, Halo has more swears. Might be too much for the 8 year old.

Guitar Hero was awesome, but the guitar is expensive. If they can get the hang of it, they'll have a blast.

Oblivion was amazing, but as Skyrim players they might have enough bethesda RPG.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 08:12:55 pm »

Just Cause 2 is an excellent buy for the price, provided you don't mind violence (what they already have indicates no). You've got a massive island sandbox and tissue-paper thick plot, a grappling hook, and approximately ten bajillion things to do. Including shooting down a nuclear missile in a jet and tethering your car to a passenger airliner for a very shaky ride. Why? Just 'cause.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:18 pm »

Get a cheap computer, desktops run pretty easy.  Don't invest in graphics, DF doesn't use much of that anyways, and it's free.

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »

Just incase you missed it do not get Chromehounds. Game was badass, but it's multiplayer is dead and its singleplayer is poop.
Hasn't the multiplayer server actually been just straight up shut down? and yes it was very bad ass
The Dread Pirate

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »

Just Cause 2 is an excellent buy for the price, provided you don't mind violence (what they already have indicates no). You've got a massive island sandbox and tissue-paper thick plot, a grappling hook, and approximately ten bajillion things to do. Including shooting down a nuclear missile in a jet and tethering your car to a passenger airliner for a very shaky ride. Why? Just 'cause.  :P

I'm a weird American. Okay with violence. But hesitant to expose my kids to sex. Does Just Cause have any sex? Weird question typed out. Because, if not, they would enjoy an open world where they could do whatever they wanted to at the moment.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 08:38:04 pm »

to say the least: I've met a bunch of racist pricks that killed people exclusively upon the assumption (ASSUMPTION! they didn't actually know) that someone was black, all the while calling them racist names.

That's horrible.

They're 11 and 8.

And I hope my kids would also realize that's horrible. Team Fortress 2 has bad language at times on the community. Once you allow other online players, anything goes.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 08:46:33 pm »

I'm a weird American. Okay with violence. But hesitant to expose my kids to sex. Does Just Cause have any sex? Weird question typed out. Because, if not, they would enjoy an open world where they could do whatever they wanted to at the moment.

Nope. Sort of like GTA if you took out the sex and small-time crime, made the controls not obnoxious, set it on a big tropical island (with inexplicable desert and tundra bits), and gave the player the freedom to completely ignore the plot without impacting the game at all.

If you do decide to get it, remember that it's the second one you want. The first one I never played, but I seem to recall it being much more of a standard B-grade FPS.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2] 3